1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by waiopehu oldboy, May 7, 2020.

1. Dismal Pillock Geoff Shaw (53)

Gearing up to go full Herb Tarlek

[IMG]
    waiopehu oldboy likes this.
  2. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

^ just between you & me I had a *thing* for Loni Anderson back in the day (3 March 1979 et seq, I think :))

Oh look, Clan score & it's game on again.
  3. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

No try but YC so Clan may actually benefit.
  4. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

And they do. Is that 14-0 since HT? I think it is.
  5. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Gregory shits the bed again.
  6. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Clan collectively shit the collective bed. Oh well, Loss Bleus hype train keeps on rolling for another week.
  7. Dismal Pillock Geoff Shaw (53)

Blues Blitzkrieg Sancho Panzer Forward Division distracted a bit reading their own Coronation ticket stubs before they got to Stalingrad. Crawled over the line but it was all a bit neutered.

Akira back to his old ways of looking to decorative the game and got the hook.

Too many passes at the man instead of in front of him.
    Dan54 and KiwiM like this.
  8. Dan54 Mark Ella (57)

That may very well be what you can call a bloody good game of rugby!! The Clan almost snuck that, by geez that was 2 very very good young No 8s on show, Papalii went pretty good at 7 , Frizzell was huge,PT was a mean bastard again, was a bit impressed with Hodgeman's game in front row too, especially in the loose. Don't know how Fozzie can sleep trying to pick (or leave out) some of these boys. I disagree with DP ,I thought Parkinson and Dixon were both alright for the Clan(though not ABs). When you throw in Cane and Savea there one or two reasonable players about. Backline you have to suspect that Rieko Ioane is still looking ok at 13, and Caleb Clarke is fairly hard to ignore too (though will possibly miss out because he has pinned himself to the 7s squad I think)
    aeneas and KiwiM like this.
  9. Dan54 Mark Ella (57)

No but ALB would I think get 12 with Reiko at 13, but still wouldn't write of Lumpy after a couple of games!
  10. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

11. Dismal Pillock Geoff Shaw (53)

HT 10-3 Cantabs. Insanely tight game but it was DMac who blinked, rogered it, and cost them 7. Hope Will Jordan nicks his AB jersey. DMac can go try his sideways running x-factor bullshit with the Seven's circus or something
  12. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Was never gunna be pretty given the conditions but I think CruSadists are showing just a little more attention to duck shooting season footy detail*. Superior bench, too.

*Edit: such as Reece seeing that most of the opposition have turned their backs on the ball or are too busy arguing with the ref & taking the quick throw-in for Jordan to complete his double.
  13. Up the Guts Mark Loane (55)

Chiefs’ W/L under Gatland can’t be good.
  14. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

^ pretty sure it's 0/4 (0/2 both pre- & post-Covid).

Three more coming up, Gats could be 0/5 shortly. Yep, 18-3 it is.
    Up the Guts likes this.
  15. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Actually Tribe were 4/6 pre-Covid so overall they're currently 4/8.
    Up the Guts likes this.
  16. Up the Guts Mark Loane (55)

Yeah, they thrashed the Tahs but their attack looks pretty stodgy from what I’ve seen in this comp.
  17. Up the Guts Mark Loane (55)

Well, they score now just to give me a bit of an up yours.
    waiopehu oldboy likes this.
  18. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Sean Wainui (a Mako & former CruSadist) gives Tribe a glimmer of hope. Just a tiny, faint one.
  19. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Well that makes things interesting....
  20. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Havili will either nail this or shank it but still put it dead. Actually fades it left but puts it dead all the same.