• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WTF was ASmith thinking there? Probably gonna cost his team 7.

Edit: OK, 3, but still a really low-percentage play from someone who doesn't usually do that kinda dumb shit.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Entertaining half of footy, that.

I'm starting to see the upside of Ruru: sure, his pass is a tad slow, ditto his box kick, but he's accurate & has good variation. Not sure that speed of pass or kick can be coached or learned & I'd still rather have Nock as my starting 9 but I can see why his coaches like him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez christ that was good. Well Akira got on after 2 minutes, so had almosy 80 minutes to see how to be a 6, watching Frizell, he was bloody good, and although Nugget was close to MOTM, I think Frizell was bloody close to. Akira if hadn't of had his hair dyed blue not sure we would of noticed him at all, he didn't actually play as badly as he has at times, just got shown up by a better player. Papali'i was probably outplayed by Harmon tonight as well, not by a lot but he was. Caleb Clarke looked like he was pretty keen for the Blues.
Got to say Brownie's coaching was on show tonight too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Landers just too well-drilled and professional on attack.

Their dipshit opponents, the opposite. Blues have fuck-all attacking patterns prepared so reduced to relying on raw individual talent. Almost pulled it off too. Goddamn Tony Brown.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Their dipshit opponents, the opposite. Blues have fuck-all attacking patterns prepared so reduced to relying on raw individual talent. Almost pulled it off too. Goddamn Tony Brown.

First try was a ripper though. Still in the mix, not all doom and gloom.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

You right about Brownie DP, there were a few moments that absolutely looked to have his stamp on it. One was the try by Punavai, the timing of his run was superb ( and the pass showed the skill of Nugget Smith) , and the other one that stuck out for me was when Micheal Collins scored his try, if you watch the replay, look at the positioning of the backs, was bloody good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Micheal Collins scored his try, if you watch the replay, look at the positioning of the backs, was bloody good.

They were like a swarm, staggered all over the place, everyone thought Collins was the dummy runner.

Thankfully for the foreigners, we'll be having none of that innovative chicanery in the All Blacks setup for the foreseeable future.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Highlanders looked way better. What's happening to the Blues? Should really have been a further 10 points off the pace if not for Smith's brain queefs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Highlanders looked way better. What's happening to the Blues? Should really have been a further 10 points off the pace if not for Smith's brain queefs.

Think maybe the Blues may have suffered a bit when Tom Robinson went off, as they seemed to lose too much cohesion in their loosies? Akira and Sotutu were both seagulling a bit I thought ,and Papali'i couldn't do it on own.
Other thing is I don't think some realise just how close this comp is, there is not really a hell of a lot between top of pile and the bottom.
It pretty brutal and you can struggle to stay up every week, and funnily enough the Clans injuries almost help at times as they forced to give young fellas a go, and I can tell you, nothing these young buggers over here like more than a crack at the guns.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tempted to say it's gunna be a loooong night for Tribe but there's history with them pulling off unlikely/ unforeseen/ against all rational thought results.

Early days but it looks like the DMac at 10 thing might be as much about having Tiatia at 15.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SamW would be reading the Riot Act even if he weren't officially (c), the fact ScoBar isn't is rather concerning. Discipline is shithouse & not only keeping Tribe in touch but can obviously lead to Card issues that could lead to scoreboard issues.....