• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Luke Jacobsen sidelined by yet another head knock:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...icanes-clash-after-another-concussion-setback

Tribe: Damian McKenzie, Jonah Lowe, Anton Lienert-Brown, Alex Nankivell, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Brad Weber (c); Pita Gus Sowakula, Lachlan Boshier, Mitchell Brown, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Tupou Vaa’i, Angus Ta’avao, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Ollie Norris, Sione Mafileo, Samipeni Finau, Kaylum Boshier, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Rameka Poihipi, Chase Tiatia.

'canes: Jordie Barrett, Wes Goosen, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell; Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles (c), Xavier Numia. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Vaea Fifita, Brayden Iose, Cam Roigard, Billy Proctor.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Would say teams look even, but feel the Tribe may have to much even without Jacobson. Got a feeling that Ah Khuoi may enjoy showing again how Canes shouldn't of let him go.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

64038919.jpg

Been waiting all season to say this but he's quite a good player and hasn't given me a chance yet.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Leicester Fainga’anuku, David Havili, George Bridge, Richie Mo’unga, Mitchell Drummond, Cullen Grace, Sione Havili Talitui, Ethan Blackadder, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Tamaiti Williams, Oliver Jager, Mitchell Dunshea, Tom Sanders, Bryn Hall, Dallas McLeod, Manasa Mataele.

Loss Bleus: Stephen Perofeta, Mark Telea, Rieko Ioane (co-c), Tanielu Tele’a, Caleb Clarke, Harry Plummer, Jonathan Ruru; Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papalii (co-c), Blake Gibson, Sam Darry, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Nepo Laulala, Kurt Eklund, Karl Tu’inukuafe. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Marcel Renata, Ofa Tuungafasi, Taine Plumtree, Akira Ioane, Finlay Christie, Otere Black, AJ Lam.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I almost get impression it a case of we can't win this so will rest a couple we need next week?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ but if they don't win this what happens next week is likely irrelevant unless something unexpected happens at FMG tonight.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that was ok wasn't it? That will do me for a game. Bloody DMac apart from one kick that went too far is just playing great rugby, he is in every bloody thing! As a Cane's man I couldn't even be too disappointed.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Thought Tribe were in for a bit of a rogering 10-min in what with Gatland having a bit of a mare & things not quite falling their way but big ups to them for hanging in there until things evened out. Gotta wonder how many last-minute escapes anyone can pull off before one doesn't happen - hopefully that's at NLP on 8 May.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They certainly seem to have found way to squeeze out wins though WOB, which is good place to be. By geez DMac has seemed to of got confidence back after injury (I reckon it takes a year of playing to do it with knees usually) and is playing with all his skill and verve with the added thing of maturity showing in his game. I know Gatland worked a lot with him on decision making last year and it shows.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yep but with JG gone you just get the horrible feeling Fozzie will pick AL-B at 12 & wonder why our backline's going sideways all day. AL-B is an out&out 13 BUT needs to have a 12 running straight or even cutting in, put him at 12 & he'll crab all day.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ yep but with JG gone you just get the horrible feeling Fozzie will pick AL-B at 12 & wonder why our backline's going sideways all day. AL-B is an out&out 13 BUT needs to have a 12 running straight or even cutting in, put him at 12 & he'll crab all day.

Geez mate I reckon he 13 too, nut you want to see in PR, I am lone cowboy there everyone else reckons ALB a 12.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights of Loss Bleus' loss:

Final will be CruSadists v Tribe at NLP even if Loss Bleus knock Tribe over next week & pick up a BP: first tie-breaker is games won & Tribe would still have five v LB's four.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I reckon Chiefs need to consider giving DMac a rest or even just a part game next week, they don't really need the win, and he has played every minute so far I think. A bit of freshening up wouldn't hurt him I reckon.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez had a good day yesterday, my club was up at New Plymouth, and couldn't get up there in time , so instead went and watched some real grassroots rugby. Went to Kaponga vs Normanby, in Kaponga. So if you know Kaponga has a population of about 315 and Normanby has about 1000, it was very much village rugby, Good fun rugby was not a high standard, but geez they get stuck in. Kaponga lost about 100-7 it seemed (no scoreboard) and had a few inuries, but none of this pussy non contesting scrums or anything, just moved someone else in when there an injury. When they used up their reserves through injury, one of Normanby players (had been subbed) just grabbed one of their jerseys and played for them. As I said Kaponga has 312 pop, so was even good to see about 40 people there watching and really getting into the game. Normanby had a lock who was about 2m tall, still went into every lineout and had a series of calls, everyone was to him.
Went in and had beer in clubrooms after and chatted to a few supporters, their coach came over had a drink, wasn't upset at the hiding, they won the week before and he knew how to fix the problems.:)
And for people who think there only one sport in NZ, they also had a soccer club on next field playing.
Take my word for it, if any of you get a chance go out and find what rugby is about at real grassroots!