• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I till think the Tribe should rest DMac this weekend, he's played every game of the season so far, and week after finals the TT comp starts, I would let him have a breather this week, or only part game at most. I suspect that Chiefs and Brumbies or Force will be a little tired first week of TT.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Waikato Times/ stuff journo predicting mass changes/ restings inc DMac, Weber, AngusT & giving Jacobsen another week to get his head right. As you say, with what they've got in front of them it's something they probably have to do so as to avoid burning guys out.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I till think the Tribe should rest DMac this weekend, he's played every game of the season so far, and week after finals the TT comp starts, I would let him have a breather this week, or only part game at most. I suspect that Chiefs and Brumbies or Force will be a little tired first week of TT.

And why not the Reds and Saders, Dan?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ Waikato Times/ stuff journo predicting mass changes/ restings inc DMac, Weber, AngusT & giving Jacobsen another week to get his head right.

Who cares, Chiefs B team will win anyway. Blues hopeless gaggle of AB imposter shartmunchers revealed as being as rudderless and clueless and brainless as every other fucking year.

Another turgid shartbomb of a season, clutching defeat all over the shop after signing up battalions of All Blacks. Karl T, Nepo, Ofa, Paper Tiger Pat T, fuck all these spineless loser fluffybunnys with fire and get them OUT of my All Blacks setup. This aint no town for losers and we're pulling out of here to win.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan: Josh Ioane, Sam Gilbert, Patelesio Tomkinson, Scott Gregory, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith (cc), Kazuki Himeno, Shannon Frizell, Billy Harmon, Josh Dickson, Bryn Evans, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon (cc), Ethan de Groot. Replacements: Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone, Josh Hohneck, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Hugh Renton, Kayne Hammington, Michael Collins, James Lentjes.

6/2 bench, seems unduly cautious.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Because both the Reds and Crusaders are having a break this week mate. So in Reds case they would of played 2 games in month and Crusader likewise are getting a chance to refresh.

Brumbles and Force also had a bye in the past 4 weeks. If three games in a month is going to tire them, I would be most surprised.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'canes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles (captain), Xavier Numia. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Fraser Armstrong, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Cam Roigard, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Pepesana Patafilo

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Brumbles and Force also had a bye in the past 4 weeks. If three games in a month is going to tire them, I would be most surprised.

Fair enough , I hadn't checked Brumbies and Force's programme, just we have to remember that TT, doesn't have byes so it straight 5 weeks from next week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus: Zarn Williams, Bryce Heem, Reiko Ioane, (c), Tanielu Tele’a, Caleb Clarke, Otere Black, Finlay Christie, Hoskins Sotutu, Adrian Choat, Tom Robinson (c), Sam Darry, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Nepo Laulala, Kurt Eklund, Karl Tu’inukuafe. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Ofa Tuungafasi, Marcel Renata, Josh Goodhue, Akira Ioane, Sam Nock, Harry Plummer, AJ Lam.

Tribe: Kaleb Trask, Bailyn Sullivan, Sean Wainui (c), Rameka Poihipi, Shaun Stevenson, Bryn Gatland, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Pita Gus Sowakula, Zane Kapeli, Viliami Taulani, Josh Lord, Samipeni Finau, Sione Mafileo, Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Joe Apikotoa, Liam Messam, Tom Florence, Xavier Roe, Rivez Reihana, Gideon Wrampling.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tanielu Tele’a. So what's the story here? Apparently the match doctor in Christchurch simply refused to administer the HIA test and he didn't return, presumably implying that doctor believed he had/has a concussion. Yet here he is slated to start a week later. Aren't concussions a mandatory three week rest at the least?

Aside from that, why no Faiane? He's not even on the bench. Good to see Nock there but should prob be starting, ditto Ioane. Would've gone for GIbson ahead of Choat at openside, but wouldn't surprise me if he's injured, unfortunately. Excited to see how Zarn O'Sullivan goes. Wish they'd gone all in with Narawa or Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens ahead of Heem.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tanielu Tele’a. So what's the story here? Apparently the match doctor in Christchurch simply refused to administer the HIA test and he didn't return, presumably implying that doctor believed he had/has a concussion. Yet here he is slated to start a week later. Aren't concussions a mandatory three week rest at the least?

Aside from that, why no Faiane? He's not even on the bench. Good to see Nock there but should prob be starting, ditto Ioane. Would've gone for GIbson ahead of Choat at openside, but wouldn't surprise me if he's injured, unfortunately. Excited to see how Zarn O'Sullivan goes. Wish they'd gone all in with Narawa or Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens ahead of Heem.

Yep apparently doc stuffed up and called concussion when it wasn't zer0, Rangi was going crook about it. Like you I pleased that Zarn O'Sullivan getting a run. Good to see big Tom back too I think. And kind of happy seeing young Darry getting another ru.
They can say what they want, it has the feel of a preseason game before TT to me and fair enough.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
LOL Clan trying to get Coles sent off for a second YC & end up not only (a) getting pinged for foul play ON Coles but also (b) conceding a try scored by.... DANE COLES. Good one, guys. I mean, I know Coles is a prick & occasionally a grub but that was always a reach & I hereby nominate Ash & Aaron for Dumbest Captain's Referral Ever.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Joe Wheeler doing sidelines again, wonder if they'll let him do post-match talkies given Himeno's presence? His presence having been pretty freakin' impressive thus far.