• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

One All Black Cheating thread to rule them all

Are the All Blacks cheats?

• Yes of course. Been saying this all along.

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • Yes, but everyone does it.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Yes. Wish we could do that well.

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • No, otherwise we would be penalised more.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No, the refs are out to get the All Blacks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and we have run the writer out of town for blasphemy (Kiwi only option).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
In spite of all my ribbing of the Cuzzy Bro's i would love to get on bandwagon. I would like to see a balanced view of the match to see where 'gamesmanship' by the Wallabies was undertaken.

McCaw and Williams i have witnessed. But i am one eyed.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We're about 5 minutes from soccer if we don't.

Bugger. And the tahs just missed their chance to sign Harry Kewell as well.

I really don't get the hate in this thread. I love Kiwis. I really do. Not raw though.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The day the forum says it doesn't want me here, I'll leave don't worry about that.

Not while I'm here, MR. Rugby followers of all nations are welcome at G&GR, even Kiwis. We encourage robust discussion from all and sundry on all and sundry.

Not like a NZ website I could mention.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You are kidding yourself if you don't agree us Aussies are getting better at bending the rules. All the lessons from the AB's are starting to pay off. We have begun using pillars and cleaning out past the ruck alot as well. But we do stay onside too much.

I would personally love to see all that shit stamped out of the game, but that really is in the hands of the IRB and the refs. As far as I am concerned, unless they start applying the rules we have to play outside the laws as well. I don't want to go another 10 years before we win another trophy of note. Losing every game but being able to take the moral high ground is for losers.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agreed.

We will have to wait and see. Every World Cup see's a rule change of some tactic that get's exploited. I.e. South Africa and kicking it dead. Who remember's when it used to be a 22 drop kick and not a scrum from where the ball was kicked?

alex5545

Bob McCowan (2)
A poorly written article. If that writter opened his eyes a bit he would see every rugby team tries to bend the rules or flat out cheat at all levels. Rugby is always about pushing the rules and seeing what each ref will let you get away with. If you don't bend the rules or cheat you will never win and all teams realise it and do it no matter what team it is. Rugby is not a saints sport.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well to be fair, if ABs are as bad as Reason says, and get away with it, perhaps it indicates that game is crooked and everyone that feel that way are not very bright if they continue to watch a crooked game. With the whinging I reading in here about it I worry that when Aus/Poms play in WC the combined whining will sound like a few 747s starting up. Have a little peek at first Bled in Akld boys, see how many Wallabies lay on ground in ruck holding opposition HB's foot. Rob Simmons did it beautifully in lead up to first try, but hey boys.........

Q

QuadeCooperFan

some players are, most aren't. just like in every rugby team that has ever existed, ever.

N

Newter

Richie McCaw holds Pocock in ruck for 30 seconds, Nonu scores

This is outrageous. Check this footage - it starts at 5:43.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noogy77#p/u/5/D3UtO9LXj58

The All Blacks are in our 22, a ruck forms and Pocock drives in with the shoulder.

McCaw holds onto his leg. The All Blacks get ready, go through a phase, put the ball through the hands, switch back, and suddenly there's an enormous gap on the left side of the field.

Meanwhile Pocock is throwing his hands in the air in exasperation, with McCaw's mits still clamped on his leg.

But no, no, it's far too unfair to label him a "cheat". Gentleman of the game, etc. :lmao:

Keep hitting him, Quade!

A

antipodean

Look I'll fess up: The All Blacks started cheating just a little following the Welsh example in 1905, but not seriously until we could repay the favour in 1973. It worked so well, on the strength of the New Zealand economy it bribed the IRB to have referees apply a more lenient standard to the All Blacks. Things were going brilliantly until other countries, sick of being beaten liked they owed the All Blacks money decided to implement a Machiavellian plot as they took control of the IRB. Sitting around eating cucumber sandwiches and dropping cigar ash on their gin soaked smoking jackets, they developed a long term plan to inflict misery on Kiwis world wide. They would have referees turn a blind eye to outrageous All Black indiscretions, gamesmanship and acts of thuggery; thereby permitting the All Blacks to continue being the bestest team in the universe, up until the RWC where they would finally hold the All Blacks to the same standard as everyone else...

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
At 5:52, Pocock should have been red carded for clearly driving forward with his head and going for a headbutt.

I'm just so thankful nobody was killed.

This shit really needs to be stamped out of the game.

N

Newter

At 5:52, Pocock should have been red carded for clearly driving forward with his head and going for a headbutt.

I'm just so thankful nobody was killed.

This shit really needs to be stamped out of the game.

With any luck McCaw will be stamped out of the game. IF the refs won't fix him, the laws must be enforced by the players.

A

Army_Gav

Maybe they were trying to slowly choke Pocock? I hear they are good at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.