• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pacific Rugby Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Rugby is trying to get exposure - why is it that these games are played mid week during work hours.

I'd love them to be on a Saturday, or Sunday afternoon at a Shute Shield oval.

LG pics above show a crowd of 2, shit I wonder if they spoke highly of crowd attendence as there is nobody else in the back ground. No crowd and No exposure = No $$$$$ and people wonder how a 3rd tier would be funded.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Team lists for today's matches:

National Academy (Brisbane) v Junior Japan

Name
Club
1 Sef Faagase - Wests
2 Mitch Wade - Wests
3 Phil Kite - GPS
4 Alex Toolis - GPS
5 Michael Stolberg - Easts
6 Ben Toolis - GPS
7 Conor Mitchell - University of Queensland
8 Ted Postal - University of Queensland
9 Scott Mololua - GPS
10 Jake McIntyre (C) -Sunnybank
11 Jamie Taulagi - University of Queensland
12 Samu Kerevi - GPS
13 Chris Kuridrani - GPS
14 Mitch Felsman - Brothers
15 Jonah Placid - Easts

16 Maile Ngaumo - Sunnybank
17 Sione Kolo - Eastern Suburbs
18 Kirwan Sanday - Easts
19 Sam Fattal - Easts
20 Sam Reiser - University of Queensland
21 Danny Tusitala - Sunnybank
22 Sam Greene - Wests
23 Harry Parker - University of Queensland

National Academy (Sydney) v Tonga A

Name
Club
1 Mike Ala'alatoa - Southern Districts
2 Hugh Roach - Eastwood
3 Alan Ala'alatoa - Southern Districts
4 Will Skelton - Sydney University
5 Steve Cummins - Eastwood
6 Kotoni Ale (C) - Manly
7 Boyd Killingworth - Warringah
8 Sam Quinn - Sydney University
9 Waldo Wessels - Southern Districts
10 David Horwitz - Randwick
11 Damon Anderson - Easts
12 Tommy Hill - Eastwood
13 Lalakai Foketi - Manly
14 Jac Cameron - Norths
15 BJ Hartman - Manly

16 Will Weakes - Northern Suburbs
17 Jed Gillespie - Eastwood
18 Guy Millar - Sydney University
19 Matt Phillip - Manly
20 Jack Demsey - Gordon
21 Jock Merriman - Sydney University
22 Billy Meakes - Northern Suburbs
23 Jack Debreczeni - West Harbour

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
So the Sydney Academy forward pack is basically the same but the backline has been completely rehauled- is this a reflection of the previous performance or more just rotation? Also Tom Hill plays for Gordon doesn't he?

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone got a team list for Rising vs Fiji A?

The team to take on Fiji A:
1. Eddie Aholelei
2. Shota Horie
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Angus Hamilton
5. James King
6. Jarrod Saffy
7. Jordy Reid
8. Trent Dyer
9. Nic Stirzaker (c)
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Bill Valetini
12. Kemu Valetini
13. Tom English
14. Taofiga Sa
15. Alex Rokobaro
16. Pat Leafa
17. Dale Stevenson
18. Cruze Ah Nau
19. Craig Charters
20. Brendon Westney
21. Maradonna Farao
22. Orisi Kabuyawa
23. Pate Ratubuli

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Final Score today Force A 34 Def Samoa A 11

got to watch it. Force probably should have scored more as Samoa were down to 13 for just under 10 minutes, and were largely un-disciplined.

Stand outs for me were the entire front row (Longbottom, Whittaker and Manu) with the scrum dominant. Hodson at 7 was pretty busy too. The number 9 who's name eludes me at the momnet was impressive. Lovely pass. Good to see Benny Jacobs at 13 as well, marshalling the backline defense well.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
got to watch it. Force probably should have scored more as Samoa were down to 13 for just under 10 minutes, and were largely un-disciplined.

Stand outs for me were the entire front row (Longbottom, Whittaker and Manu) with the scrum dominant. Hodson at 7 was pretty busy too. The number 9 who's name eludes me at the momnet was impressive. Lovely pass. Good to see Benny Jacobs at 13 as well, marshalling the backline defense well.
The starting halfback was Chris Eaton and the 9 off the bench a local boy Ryan Louwrens who i have a huge raps for.

Good to see some of the local boys get a game.

How did the 5 and 6 go? Aswell as CTM?
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The starting halfback was Chris Eaton and the 9 off the bench a local boy Ryan Louwrens who i have a huge raps for.

Good to see some of the local boys get a game.

How did the 5 and 6 go? Aswell as CTM?
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

The 4 was more prominant.

I'd have to double check the team list to see if CTM played?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is the Pacific Rugby Cup info available on a website anywhere (apart from here)?

Scores, team lists, Draw, locations and timings etc.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sydney Academy - 32 Tonga A 18

At least that was the score on the PA. I had something else, but I yak a lot at games and miss stuff - so I'd back the PA guy.

The Tonga A team wasn't as strong as the Samoa A team on Thursday though their fullback ran through 4 or 5 tackles to set up a cracking try and looked like he could play for the Chiefs one day.

It was good to see last year's Oz Schools players David Horwitz and Lalakai Foketi start in a non-school game; and two others, Jack Dempsey and Matt Phillip, come off the bench.

Horwitz didn't play as well as he did against Samoa last week, but he has the look about him that he is going to go places. Foketi was underwhelming, but he will put that in his rugby bank and learn from it. He will be a fine senior player one day.

There have been some lads playing last week and this who were coming back from long injuries.

Wessells started today and had a strong running game.

BJ Hartmann missed all of last year and now has two games under his belt. Boyd Killingworth missed most of last year, but although he was blowing hard at the end, his big engine was still ticking over. He's obviously used his down time to put on a bit of pork too.

According to the fathers of both lads they were both nervous about playing after their long injuries, but they came through with flying colours.

Hooker Hugh Roach was the standout player: he was ferocious and showed his joy of contact. I didn't think the gym junkie could bulk up any more but it looks like he has. He's moving sideways.

Two other players took my eye: 8. Sam Quinn from Uni and 14.Jac Cameron from Norths, not least because I didn't know them (or had forgotten). They are two likely lads: Quinn has a Keiran Read style, and Cameron is elusive - sometimes his pony tail went one way and he went the other.

It must be good for these young fellows to be schooled in the Academy for a couple of years whilst they are playing in Colts - though some of the older boys are already well-established in Grade, even 1st Grade.

I hope along the way the backs learn to pass better than they have in the two Academy games to date.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hugh Roach (moving sideways) with Will Skelton

IMG_2912b.jpg

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Team lists for today's matches:
National Academy (Sydney) v Tonga A

Name
Club

22 Billy Meakes - Northern Suburbs

Anyone got a take on Bill Meakes?
I'ver seen him play a few times and not seen much to write home about but he always seems to make these sort of teams - he must be 24 as he was in the same year (or a year behind?) beale at school - Junior world cup for isntance.
i dont think he's ever had a contract with s15 franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.