• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth Spirit News

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Local Perth Players who have made the Squad.

NAME CLUB
Alec Hepburn Cottesloe
Scot Stevens Nedlands
Alex Rovira Associates
NilI Fielea Cottesloe
Kane Koteka Wests Scarborough
Corey Thomas University
Harry Scoble University
Richard Hardwick University
Ross Haylett-Petty Cottesloe
Va'a Mailei Palmyra
Joe Savage Palmyra
Ammon Matuauto Associates
Davis Tavita Nedlands
Brent Murphy Perth Bayswater
Kieran Stringer Cottesloe
Michael Ruru Nedlands

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Full squad
tyhehejy.jpg
http://www.rugbywa.com.au/article/spirit-finds-mix-force-locals-buildcorp-nrc

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So looking at the squad from a Western Force POV there are 6 current Force squad members who will play for the Spirit who don’t have a contract with the Force for 2015

Robbie Abel
Luke Burton
Pek Cowan
Dane Haylett-Petty
Junior Resolea
Dillyn Leyds

There are 4 players from the Force who have contracts for 2015 not in the Perth Squad.

Wilhelm Steenkamp
Alby Mathewson
Angus Cottrell
Adam Coleman

I assume Steenkamp and Mathewson are unable to play in the NRC and will return to the ITM and CC as they have in the past.

Cottrell is injured and out until next year which leaves Coleman who I guess will play elsewhere.

That leaves 5 players who’s future is unknown who don’t yet have contracts for 2015 and haven’t been named in the Spirit squad

Chris Alcock
Sias Ebersohn
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Pat Dellit
Ryan Louwrens (injured out for the year)

If the Squad sizes are 32 for season 2015 that means the Force have 13 places up for grabs which should be a huge incentive for a lot of players involved.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Very strong for Hookers with Abel, Charles, Scoble and Tessman. Charles will probably be missing as part of the Wallabies squad at least some of the time, but one of the others will miss out on playing regularly you'd think. Hope Scoble gets a run along with his U20s mates, Lacey (especially), DHP and Burton. Will be good to see Godwin return. Pity Cottrell is still out injured. Expect the Spirit to go well.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Possible strongest team based on where the players are listed and taking out Charles and McCalman who will probably be in the Wallaby match day 23

1 Cowan
2 Tessmann
3 Hoskins
4 Wykes
5 Walton
6 Stander
7 Hodgson
8 RHP
9 Prior
10 Homes
11 Morahan
12 Godwin
13 Rasolea
14 Brache
15 DHP

16 Abel/Scobel
17 Faulkner
18 van Wyk
19 Murphy/Stevens/Stringer (Don't know enough about these guys)
20 Whoever the most versatile of Rovira/Thomas/Koteka (Hardiwck is a 7)
21 Tuner
22 Burton
23 Leyds

While this is the strongest team you would imaging that Hodgons, Cowan, Wykes and Prior will get games off based on their significant involvement during the S15 season. I think my biggest worry with this team might be winning their own line out ball, but I am not sure what RHP is like as a jumper.

T

Train Without a Station

I doubt McCalman or Charles will get any game time. They'd be almost certain to be in the 23 every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.