• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth Spirit News

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I like it but the blue is really out of place which is disappointing.
Yeah, even if they just made the blue bit half the size it would have been better.

I s'pose they were trying to tie in the "Sea of Blue".

Will get used to after a while, it should be okay.

R

Redsfan

The Spirit sponsor is the "Property Club".

The ABC story is about "The Investors Club".

Are they the same?
Yeah, they recently rebranded, it's mentioned in the story towards the end somewhere.

They are before the Supreme Court as of today, so the Spirit will at least have the sponsor money for this season.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, they recently rebranded, it's mentioned in the story towards the end somewhere.

They are before the Supreme Court as of today, so the Spirit will at least have the sponsor money for this season.
That's a bit of a worry then. Hopefully RugbyWA have the cash in hand.

T

TOCC

Perth just announced their new mascot:
tumblr_liwbxrrCsA1qadygwo1_500.gif

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Wilhelm Steenkamp was listed as the captain before.
As he is no more on the team, who's gonna be the captain?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wilhelm Steenkamp was listed as the captain before.
As he is no more on the team, who's gonna be the captain?
He was never listen in the squad nor as captain he is injured they sent him to the shoot because it meant they didn't have to send someone who woild miss training.

They just announced a standards group today consisting of Godwin, Wykes, Morahan, Tessmann, Walton and Alby (who isn't playing but will be involved in a mentoring role) and said they will announce the captain before the game.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
He was never listen in the squad nor as captain he is injured they sent him to the shoot because it meant they didn't have to send someone who woild miss training.

They just announced a standards group today consisting of Godwin, Wykes, Morahan, Tessmann, Walton and Alby (who isn't playing but will be involved in a mentoring role) and said they will announce the captain before the game.

When you look at the picture with all the captains posing in front of the trophy, it is Wilhelm Steenkamp with the Spirit jersey.

http://images.smh.com.au/2014/08/13/5674442/1407918060039.jpg-620x349.jpg

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I like the fact that Alby is involved.

The standards group is okay, although having five possible captains smacks a bit of Foley's horror-Tahs period with no one taking charge. Just pick a captain, FFS.

Two co-captains at most. Five is taking the pish.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I like the fact that Alby is involved.

The standards group is okay, although having five possible captains smacks a bit of Foley's horror-Tahs period with no one taking charge. Just pick a captain, FFS.

Two co-captains at most. Five is taking the pish.
I agree they need one captain and I think they will but this is a leadership group they have the same thing for the Force which is lead by Hodgo.

I have no issue with it unless it become a matter of too many chiefs not enough Indians.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2014 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship – Week One
Canberra Vikings v Perth Spirit
Viking Park, Canberra
Saturday, 23 August 2014
Kick-off: 2.30pm (local)/ 12.30pm (AWST)

1. Alec Hepburn (Cottesloe)
2. Heath Tessmann (Nedlands)
3. Oliver Hoskins (Cottesloe)
4. Rory Walton (C) (Wests Scarborough)
5. Brent Murphy (Perth Bayswater)
6. Corey Thomas (UWA)
7. Kane Koteka (Wests Scarborough)
8. Alex Rovira (Associates)
9. Justin Turner (Associates)
10. Zack Holmes (Associates)
11. Nili Fielea (Cottesloe)
12. Luke Burton (UWA)
13. Ammon Matuauto (Associates)
14. Va'a Mailei (Palmyra)
15. Dillyn Leyds (Palmyra)
Reserves
16. Harry Scoble (UWA)
17. Joe Savage (Palmyra)
18. Chris Heiberg (Perth Bayswater)
19. Kieran Stringer (Cottesloe)
20. Richard Hardwick (UWA)
21. Michael Ruru (Nedlands)
22. Davis Tavita (Nedlands)
23. Daley Harper (Kalamunda)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Team not quite as strong as i had hoped but 19/23 players are WA based which is great for the game in Perth.

I have read they are trying to manage the Force players into this comp due to the huge amount of travel they have already done during the super rugby season im sure the above team will do us proud.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah lots of Force players missing but fair enough if it's for workload issues. Really interested to see how the WA based guys go.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah lots of Force players missing but fair enough if it's for workload issues. Really interested to see how the WA based guys go.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing Turner get some time under his belt hopefully he can find some form and get back to super rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.