• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Playing rugby this year? POST HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Cutter said:
Thomo that maul may have brought it to the forefront of your mind, but I suspect there is evidence in some of your previous posts that you had already formed a pretty strong view on the maul law. I am not arguing that its the right or wrong view, I just want you to concede you may have been slightly predisposed towards the negative.

No, no problems saying I thought it was a bad idea in the abstract, Cutter.

But having seen it at first hand, as it were, it sucks. I remember what the original use-it-or-lose-it was like; it was bloody awful, and was rapidly binned, but this reminded me horribly of it. I've no doubt I did have a pre-disposition to disliking it; but this was every bit as bad as I expected it to be, if not worse - and that's baaaaad. :-\

Still, not going to be a first-hand problem for the next couple of weeks at best...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomo - if you'd got the ball to the back like any good maul should, then it would never have ended up in a use-or-lose situation :) Maybe your blokes need a bit more training? ;)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
That's what drove me mental, Nick - we did, but the momentum ended up allowing them to kill it.

And if killing the maul is supposed to allow more contest for the ball, and if people then move it to the back faster, what price one of my favourite party tricks, getting an arm through the maul and worming the ball off the oppo and back onto my side? Gone, just like that, and all contest for the ball with it. And I used love doing that, too. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.