• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Possibles vs Probables Friday 3rd August 6.45pm kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
They haven't named the squad but it didn't seem to be that large. Just seems like there are a few additional players filling in for Waratahs who haven't been there.

Hockings for Simmons
Stewart for Foley
Mason for Beale
Petaia for Rona

I wonder if most of these guys will sit out. Otherwise there'll be proper squad members who won't get to play on Friday.

I'd say Hodge will be #10 given that Cheika has said Beale and he are the back ups for Foley.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd say Hodge will be #10 given that Cheika has said Beale and he are the back ups for Foley.

I reckon Hodge is odds on favourite to be the starting 13 for the first Bledisloe so he'll play there.

I wasn't saying the above is where they will play. I think most of those guys won't play on Friday. I was talking about them being replacements for Tahs players in the overall squad. It doesn't seem like Cheika has started with a massive squad as he has done in previous years.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Game time for Hodge at 13 is important given he only had a handful of matches there for the Rebels and they leaked a number of points those matches.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not with Samu and Ala'alatoa ahead of them. :p

But seriously, with TPN, Latu and Uelese unavailable Fainga'a would have to be the top pick on form......

Obviously BPA was the first choice during the Irish series, but he hasn't been playing that well of late, and his lineout throwing has been incredibly bad.

Fainga'a should be a lock to start in the RC games. Opponents would be thinking, "Ah, Saia Fainga'a returns. We know what to expect from him and how to take advantage". Would be worth it for the shock value alone.:D

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I reckon Hodge is odds on favourite to be the starting 13 for the first Bledisloe so he'll play there.

I wasn't saying the above is where they will play. I think most of those guys won't play on Friday. I was talking about them being replacements for Tahs players in the overall squad. It doesn't seem like Cheika has started with a massive squad as he has done in previous years.

Fair call, I temporarily neglected that fact. Stewart will probably be given the hit out then, huge experience for him.

I'm actually in town for the night so am going out to watch it. Anyone else heading out?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Scott Sio (Brumbies)
2. Folau Fainga'a (Brumbies)
3. Jermaine Ainsley (Melbourne Rebels)
4. Adam Coleman (Melbourne Rebels)
5. Rory Arnold (Brumbies)
6. Adam Korczyk (Queensland Reds)
7. David Pocock – captain (Brumbies)
8. Caleb Timu (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Melbourne Rebels)
10. Hamish Stewart (Queensland Reds)
11. Jack Maddocks (Melbourne Rebels)
12. Billy Meakes (Melbourne Rebels)
13. Reece Hodge (Melbourne Rebels)
14. Marika Koroibete (Melbourne Rebels)
15. Tom Banks (Brumbies)
16. Tetera Faulkner (Melbourne Rebels)
17. Brandon Paenga-Amosa (Queensland Reds)
18. Taniela Tupou (Queensland Reds)
19. Izack Rodda (Queensland Reds)
20. Harry Hockings (Queensland Reds)
21. Lukhan Tui (Queensland Reds)
22. Liam Wright (Queensland Reds)
23. Isi Naisarani (Melbourne Rebels)
24. Joe Powell (Brumbies)
27. Jed Holloway (NSW Waratahs)
28. Jordan Petaia (Queensland Reds)
29. Sefa Naivalu (Melbourne Rebels)
30. Jake Gordon (NSW Waratahs)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Probably first indication his looking at Hodge at 13 but not much else based on that list

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Can’t wait to watch this actually as chance to see some of best talent in oz rugby both established and up and coming match off against each other - hope they keep this trial game every year and selfishly play it at Leichhardt oval given just up the road from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Manetti has their numbers

Eastwood has the bye this weekend. I would guess that Manenti (sic) has tried not to take too many players from clubs that are playing important games.

That said, players like Pama Fou, and Fabian Goodall, are worth a look at.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wonder if Fou's inclusion might indicate we will see him back in the 7s program for next season. His restarts ability is impressive something the mens team needs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wonder if Fou's inclusion might indicate we will see him back in the 7s program for next season. His restarts ability is impressive something the mens team needs

It would make sense for him if Tim Walsh wants him. It doesn't look like XVs will go anywhere for him.

I think his inclusion in this game is more around the fact he plays for Eastwood and they are filling the necessary spots because they have the bye.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Now even Cheika is trolling Brumby Runner. That's next level.

:D. I knew if I persisted, I'd eventually get a reaction from Cheika. Just not the expected one.

However, what is the answer to Tomikin's question. Anybody know?

And does Hooper's omission mean that he won't make it back for the first Bledisloe?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
:D. I knew if I persisted, I'd eventually get a reaction from Cheika. Just not the expected one.

However, what is the answer to Tomikin's question. Anybody know?

And does Hooper's omission mean that he won't make it back for the first Bledisloe?

"Regular Wallabies Dane Haylett-Petty and Allan Ala'alatoa are both missing with injury. "

Hooper still listed as injured. I'd expect him back. There's still two weeks until the first test.

Status
Not open for further replies.