• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies - Sunday 9th October @ Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - I thought Timani was good. I thought he also secured a few breakdowns with some good, low, accurate clean outs when the Argies were in a position to contest.

A good, solid debut for mine.

Edit: hopefully the Rebels agree and see benefit to switching him to the back of the scrum next year.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
For the record, Timani:

14 tackles - easily topped the tackle stats.
4 carries for 0m
0 lineouts
2 penalites conceded

Decent effort - with lots of improvement to come

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Cyclo I disagree Mumm had a good game.

There were no doubt positives. He had a couple of good runs and his maul defence was good. But we also had some scrappy LO ball at times and hardly pressure the Arg throw.

For a 6 his defensive work rate was nowhere near adequate. Being the only forward who played more than 70 you'd think he would top the stats. In fact 4 players made more tackles than Mumm in their 70 minutes or less. Timani made twice as many!

In his 26 minutes Fardy made 1 less tackle than Mumm did all game.

Most importantly, leading up to both Yellow Cards, Mumm made crucial errors that put us under pressure. We then infringed when pressured as a result. Obviously the player is at fault but Mumm was a factor in us being put in that position.

For Hooper's card Mumm was left looking like a statue in D. Hooper then rushes to cover, picking up the man Mumm should have been defending, and takes him high.

The Coleman card was as a result of Arnold being penalised for the same offence phases earlier. That happened after Mumm when supposedly defender the kicker on the 22 was again left looking like a statue, and Argentina tore up the ground. Arnold infringes with in a phase or two of retreating defence, the fact is we should have been receiving the ball in that position had Mumm not switched off.

Douglas could put some pressure on players. But certainly not based on this performance. Came off the bench for 20 minutes. Didn't carry once. Made a single tackle and missed 1 for it. Absolutely woeful impact off the bench and just continues his decline in impact since the first Bledisloe Test.

Yeah - I'm with you TWAS about Mumm. He was left looking very foolish by Landejo at the 22m line. If there was a measure of the impact each missed tackle had on the game, then Mumm and Foley would be at the top of the list (as worst offenders). Foley's defensive effort in the last Argie try was woeful.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Folau seemed to be looking around for other people to make the magic (e.g. passing to HP most times the ball was kick) I feel he is sitting on his heels waiting of stuff to happen rather than searching for the ball and opportunities. Anyone else feel like this? I think he should be benched and used as an impact player until he gets his mojo back and HP used at fullback with niavalu as wing.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
TWAS, I know you've never been a fan of Mumm in any capacity but at least he managed to score the match-sealing try. Fardy bombed a certain one by diving over a ruck there were no defenders at, I'll concede that it was inconsequential and should have been let go but it's just the sort of dumb shit he's renowned for giving away a penalty for.

Fardy did cost a try with his diving over, little doubt. But it was his rush defense that caused a hurried and ill-directed pass that Mumm latched onto for his runaway try. So, a little bit of Ying and Yang.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Fardy did cost a try with his diving over, little doubt. But it was his rush defense that caused a hurried and ill-directed pass that Mumm latched onto for his runaway try. So, a little bit of Ying and Yang.

Yep, sure. I'm not critical of Fardy's game otherwise, I thought he went well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would be reluctant to start Timani and Houston together. We need a legitimate lineout presence somewhere in the back row. Mumm or Fardy fit the bill. There are also a couple of young blokes coming through that have done well in the NRC recently.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Where can I watch a replay of the game? any sites have replays? Surely a FTA game is legal to download somewhere?

Tarin

Frank Row (1)
Let's accept reality and concede that nothing is going to function against the All Blacks. 9 tries to nil in SA ffs. Won't be worth switching on.

The only thing that will function against the All Blacks is a snake on the field. When Kiwis come up here they are terrified of snakes! Makes us laugh

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
So how about:
1. Slipper
2. Moore (sigh)
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Arnold
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Houston

I acknowledge how this would stress our already stressed line-out but! Against the AB's losing the collisions and letting them get a roll on almost always leads to a try. With that in mind i'd also put in a defensive 12.

10. Cooper
11. DHP
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. Naivalu
15. Folau

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That's a lot of changes and a lot of inexperience from one test to the next.i quite like the proposed team, but I very much doubt we will see it for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.