• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies - Sunday 9th October @ Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
So how about:
1. Slipper
2. Moore (sigh)
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Arnold
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Houston

I acknowledge how this would stress our already stressed line-out but! Against the AB's losing the collisions and letting them get a roll on almost always leads to a try. With that in mind i'd also put in a defensive 12.

10. Cooper
11. DHP
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. Naivalu
15. Folau

I like the backline but don't know why you would start Slipper and we know Moore will start but TPN is back for Bled 3.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep. Both WERE in the wrong.

Where is the warning from World Rugby to the Argentinian team management? What about they get their OWN warning or sanction for 10.4(m)?

Fuck this shits me.
I reckon the Argie deserved a push, but I also reckon we have to be bigger than that. It didn't really interfere with the game (what the Argie did), so Phipps needs to let it get handled after the game. He doesn't need to take the law into his own hands with a game in the balance.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Because it was unnecessary, poor sportsmanship and cost the Wallabies a penalty.

Ball was dead, landed near the medic and Phipps had an utter brain explosion in knocking him away.

More than anything else its just a really bad look for the game, and for a side that has the worst discipline record of the RC its just reinforcing the view that the Wallabies have a poor attitude

This is rugby and a guy got nudged over and it becomes a giant issue. The fuck is the world coming to.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I reckon the Argie deserved a push, but I also reckon we have to be bigger than that. It didn't really interfere with the game (what the Argie did), so Phipps needs to let it get handled after the game. He doesn't need to take the law into his own hands with a game in the balance.
Phipps has form and needs to cool his jets on occassions

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I like the backline but don't know why you would start Slipper and we know Moore will start but TPN is back for Bled 3.

Slipper is a good starting option because hes a great prop and Sio didnt have a great game at the scrum or around the park. Slipper was average last week but i dont see what Sio brings right now that Slipper doesnt. i love both of them and i dont care who starts out of Sio and Slipper as long as both are involved

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Time to bring back Nic White.

whitemonkey.jpg_zpsxdqqauie.gif

I'll fuckin' give you a push."

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not sure why anyone is down on Phipps for nudging that medic. Get the fuck out of the way you prick. @Gagger put up a tweet about a medic (same guy?) right in the action after a try was scored.

Throw in this shit along with the diving and other rubbish from the Argies, and anyone criticising the Wallabies can, quite frankly, get fucked.

The "medic" should have been ejected from the ground. I don't care if it was time off. Ball is NOT YOUR JOB, HOMBRE!

I'm with you, why the hell was the medic going for the ball? Phipps was obviously going for the ball, he guy got in the way so he pushed him out of the way, no harm done.

I'm pretty sure you can even see Phipps apologising to him afterward before the little Argentinian fullback runs from 25 metres out and makes a scene by instigating an all-in from what was really just a little mishap.

it was all pretty comical actually. Pretty funny to watch.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The Nic Phipps things why are we making such a big deal of this.

Liam Mesaam a then current player acting as waterboy (a bad idea to start with) gets involved in an on field scuffle - no on field penalty just a piddling $2,000 fine and guess what the NZ commentators after initial disgust realise it is Liam Mesaam and laugh it off.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/08/45...waterboy-liam-messam-joining-on-field-scuffle

Guess what he does something similar again unnecessarily stirring up trouble in the world cup and gets told off by Nigel Owen.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...Caw-was-kneed-in-the-head-in-RWC-quarterfinal

Someone from world rugby should have stepped in as having current players as waterboys is not going to end well, even if it does involve NZ.

Also if you watched the NZ vs SA game TJ Perenara in the first scrum after the ball has gone in is tapping the ref on the back to get out of the way. Ref to be honest probably didn't notice it, and TJ Perenara didn't do it with malice, but it needs follow up as you don't touch the ref and its pretty arrogant to be tapping him to get out of the way.

Have a look in the video 13.05 in or game time 2.45

Stephen Moore tapping Nigel Owens to get out of the way how would have that gone down?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I agree Cyclo - and that may be a problem. But both Timani & Houston are legitimate jumpers. Just not sure if they are good enough to make our lineout a force at test level.

My other concern is if they are both too similiar in playing style.

But gee it would be nice to see a couple of blokes in our pack that could have some real physical presence.

Oh. I like the look of both of them. I know they both do take lineouts at times, but if we want to compete better, we need at least 3 good options, not 2 good, 2 mediocre. I'm sure one, or both can come on in that regard, and make it a moot point. I'm not sure I'd want to go that way just yet, is all.

T

TOCC

Whether the medic was going for the ball irellevant, him touching it was to have no bearing on the outcome on the game, the ball was dead already, there was no opportunity for a quick tap. Phipps let his frustrations get to him and he made a poor decision, that's the nuts and bolts of it.. there is simply no place in rugby union for players to be pushing or shoving officials, leave that crap to the mungoes and soccer players.

Let's move on

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh. I like the look of both of them. I know they both do take lineouts at times, but if we want to compete better, we need at least 3 good options, not 2 good, 2 mediocre. I'm sure one, or both can come on in that regard, and make it a moot point. I'm not sure I'd want to go that way just yet, is all.

Roll of the dice in an unwinnable game?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Whether the medic was going for the ball irellevant, him touching it was to have no bearing on the outcome on the game, the ball was dead already, there was no opportunity for a quick tap. Phipps let his frustrations get to him and he made a poor decision, that's the nuts and bolts of it.. there is simply no place in rugby union for players to be pushing or shoving officials, leave that crap to the mungoes and soccer players.

Let's move on

He wasn't an official and shouldn't have touched the ball.

Phipps shouldn't have pushed him.

It shouldn't have been a penalty.

Fucktardery all round

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Roll of the dice in an unwinnable game?

Well. I suppose you could take the position that we haven't really troubled the AB lineout, so why not just give it up and try to win in other areas? :D
There may be some perverse logic there.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Let's move on

Point of order - some guy in high-vis called a medic is not an official. ;) And this one seemed to have forgotten he wasn't a player anymore.
None of which excuses Phipps' actions in any way.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
You of all people should know Cyclo that the medical profession shouldnt have to deal with violence in the workplace.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You of all people should know Cyclo that the medical profession shouldnt have to deal with violence in the workplace.

Hence Phipps ought not to have knocked him over, as I said. But if he keeps his business to being a medic, and not a mobile cheer squad / pain in the ass etc.........., then the issue never arises.
I am not surprised Phipps was sanctioned. I am quite surprised the medic was not in any way.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Hence Phipps ought not to have knocked him over, as I said. But if he keeps his business to being a medic, and not a mobile cheer squad / pain in the ass etc...., then the issue never arises.
I am not surprised Phipps was sanctioned. I am quite surprised the medic was not in any way.
Indeed, it wasn't just that incident either

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hence Phipps ought not to have knocked him over, as I said. But if he keeps his business to being a medic, and not a mobile cheer squad / pain in the ass etc...., then the issue never arises.
Yeah, sorry - was only joking.

I agree the Argie was equally in the wrong.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Really happy to get that win and show some glimpses of positive play throughout. In spite of a bizarre refereeing performance and what looked like some loose defence at times, we were mostly in control and won pretty well in the end. What impressed me was the willingness of the pigs to do the tough stuff and really knock some blokes over. Timani didn't do a lot of carrying, but jeez his defence and ruck work was excellent. Hooper was the same and was close to MotM for mine. His leg drive in the tackle and presence over the ball was very good in the absence of Pocock. He didn't win any turnovers but we did get some breakdown penalties, as well as slowing their ball down.

Coleman was just as good as Timani and I'll admit to getting semi when he thundered onto that pass to score. That's exactly what I want to see our forwards doing: running from depth, hitting the ball at pace and smashing blokes out of the way. Jeez he looks a likely sort. Kerevi had his best game in gold and was a constant threat. It's nice for QC (Quade Cooper) or Foley to be able to throw the ball to someone other than Izzy and we then slice through the defence. Samu ran hard and straight and looked for the short ball or offload every time. I'm liking him more and more. DHP also had a terrific game, as did Sanchez (his footy has been outstanding this season).

I'll also give a shout out to Squeak for his captaincy: he's doing much better after some pretty ordinary stuff earlier this year. I'm actually optimistic that with 11 blokes debuting this year that we've got the basis of a pretty damn good team in the making. We just need some polish and a few of those last passes to stick and we'll be back to where we were at the RWC last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.