• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru13

Frank Nicholson (4)
I believe 30-35 QLD players will be announced this week & commence a 6 week block prior to Xmas. They will partake in 6-8 sessions per week which will continue again in the new year before trials against the other franchise u20 squads. These trials will determine selection for the final Aust u20 squad.
when the Qld squad of 35 is announced could you post it on here please

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I
I was told Postale, Maloney, Jack Payne, Ben Hyne, Paddy James, & Billy Thompson made the squad from Brothers.
I saw on the easts website the following made the squad:
Michael Gunn
Jonah Placid
Sam Fattal
Adam Deck
Brad Wilkin
Sam Richards

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I saw on the easts website the following made the squad:
Michael Gunn
Jonah Placid
Sam Fattal
Adam Deck
Brad Wilkin
Sam Richards
I can see Souths had the following boys successful -

Matt Gordon
Feleti Kaitu'u
Ralph Evalu
Markus Vanzati
Dave Henaway
Keeghan Sefton

News from the other clubs?

Keez

Frank Row (1)
Known UQ boys invited into the squad

Aaron Pleash
Terrin Walls
Phil Potgieter
Adam Korczyk
Conor Mitchell
Jack Cornelson
Scott Gale (Training with Reds)
James Dalgliesh
Gareth Kalell
Tom Banks

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Known UQ boys invited into the squad

Aaron Pleash
Terrin Walls
Phil Potgieter
Adam Korczyk
Conor Mitchell
Jack Cornelson
Scott Gale (Training with Reds)
James Dalgliesh
Gareth Kalell
Tom Banks

I believe UQ have also picked up Moses Sorevi from St Peters who has been offered a place.

Doesn't leave many places left. Sunnybank & GPS anyone?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I just
I guess that's what happens when you have a poor year. Any you would've picked or thought were unlucky? Same wih sunny coast?

I just hope Wests go & find some props. Uncontested scrums in Premier Colts is pretty embarrassing. I won't cop that they have no depth, recruitment takes time & effort, I don't believe there aren't a few 2nd/ 3rd XV props who wouldn't jump at the chance to play Premier Colts. To roll out a pack full of backrowers with no notice in advance to the opposition week after week shows poor sportsmanship.

Enough whinging about Uni & GPS, time for action as everyone wants to see Wests compete!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I just hope Wests go & find some props. Uncontested scrums in Premier Colts is pretty embarrassing. I won't cop that they have no depth, recruitment takes time & effort, I don't believe there aren't a few 2nd/ 3rd XV props who wouldn't jump at the chance to play Premier Colts. To roll out a pack full of backrowers with no notice in advance to the opposition week after week shows poor sportsmanship.

Well another of the problems was that half the backrowers they had playing were actually centers and wingers whom they had to convert to forwards at the start of the year!

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I can't see how putting second and third graders in to premier colts would be beneficial either

I think this is being a little selective for a side that couldn't pack a scrum & didn't win a game.

Uni aside, most clubs had a couple of players who played 2nds at school.

A number of boys blossom late into very good footballers. They often train harder & want it more!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh well I don't think attracting those kind of players is wests problem. They actually get a late contingent of boys rocking up just to play for fun. Getting the ones who want to take it serious is the real problem. Bit I don't think that is the case next year

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think this is being a little selective for a side that couldn't pack a scrum & didn't win a game.

Uni aside, most clubs had a couple of players who played 2nds at school.

A number of boys blossom late into very good footballers. They often train harder & want it more!

Uni's Prop all year in prem colts played mainly 3rds at nudgee.
The year before the 5/8 was from the NT and had only played 3 or 4 games of 15's a hand full of 7's games before playing at uni. He had never even heard of a pattern.
3 of the best players that year also came from Alstonville, mountain creek and Narrabri state high's.
Probably sounds strange coming from a uni bloke but far too much emphasis at colts level is placed on what kids did at which school and for what team. A lot of growing up happens from 17 to 19. Especially for those who haven't been blessed with good coaching/facilities/competition in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.