• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Frank Row (1)
Norths beat Wests 21 - 7 at norths yesterday. In one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever witnessed as a spectator of the sport.. However wests did manage to lost it themselves, receiving two yellow cards throughout the game and poor fitness. Standouts of the game include norths 12 (solid kicking game) and their no. 8 who made some strong runs. As for wests their 10, 12(best on ground in my opinion) & 13 combo had great chemistry in the first half, until I believe the 13 went off with a testicle injury..? Other than that, the no. 6 contributes a lot to the wests attack, always getting past the advantage line with strong running. Both teams will continue to struggle throughout the season, however I believe wests will finish on top, with key players still to return such as b.hood and Bronson Harrison. Also unlucky for the wests colts 1, who did not get a game due to norths forfeiting 1 hour before the game.

okm8

Frank Row (1)
Few thing incorrect about your story their Max which I would just like to fix up, Wests gave away 75% of the penalties during the game and found themselves with one yellow card all game, Norths played the last ten minutes with 2 players in the sinbin. I agree with your game standouts Gassman and Heenan were exceptional and Alec Fontavalo and so was Norths #8 and Parker Montagu (the 12). The ref did lose control of the game and I believe by the end of it both teams had just had enough of the referee - Norths were also missing three starting premier colts which probably can add more to a team then Hood and Taukipulu.

Colts 1 was also cancelled earlier in the week by QRU , don't hold it against Norths, you can't call a game off then call it back on.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wests gave away 75% of the penalties during the game and found themselves with one yellow card all game, Norths played the last ten minutes with 2 players in the sinbin.

Are you sure about that?

Wests had 2 yellow cards in the game. I think the first one came in the 1st half & then the 2nd one came for a scuffle/ground wrestle/punch in the last 15 or so minutes of the game.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Any other game reports?

Great to see the Dogs get a win, is that the first in 2 years? Whilst I think it'll take a couple more years for them to compete for a full season, as an outsider it appears they may be turning a corner.

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Uni got run down by Sunnybank 22-20
Uni got off to a flyer when the 10 spit them open to score under the sticks in the 5th minute, and controlled the whole half to lead 14-3 at the break. Then they reshuffled the backs and the forwards went to sleep, while the 'bank found their gears, got a lucky one, gained momentum and scored on the bell.
One that got away from UQ

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
GPS beat Souths 13-12. GPS bombed 3 tries and missed 13 points from missed conversion/penalty attempts. The boys lucky to not give it away towards the end. Onwards and upwards!

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Brothers v Souths Colts I and II moved to Friday night this week. Problem with oval availability apparently. Can someone let the 60 odd young men involved know how the Reds v Brumbies game turns out.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
How long is Richard Aitsi & Maclean Jones out for? GPS will have some real firepower once they both return.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
How long is Richard Aitsi & Maclean Jones out for? GPS will have some real firepower once they both return.

I couldn't tell you. Haven't heard anything since they got injured. I do know that Campbell Magnay is due back to training in the coming weeks. I'm very interested to see what this young fella has to offer to the club and the colts competition

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think Wests will win but I doubt after 2 losses and 1 win, Wests are in need of a 'Reality Check'...
I think it will be closer than most think, I am expecting a 15-32ish scoreline

guru13

Frank Nicholson (4)
I reckon your on the money with your first 3 games however I don't think bond will be outclassed by UQ, I think it'll be a closer then most think.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Jets - I heard today that Guy Hamilton is now playing league for Easts Tigers after last year finishing the season as Sunybank's Prem Colts 10? Was still eligible for Colts again I believe. Solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.