• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Sounds like GPS have a pretty handy Prem Colts side if fully fit. These are some of the names I've heard that are definitely down there and are my pick of the bunch.

1. Ethan Machin
2. Ben Hicks
3. Dylan Sikameti
4. Josh Tregenza
5. Dalton Cox
7. Nick Richards
8. Tom Richter
9. Cameron Knox
10. Bobby Tuttle
12. Henry Devine
13. Campbell Magnay
14. Dougie Rayment
Diablo you missed probably their most dominant forward in Rodwell, although, he may end up playing a few games in Premier Grade. Jordy Tratchenko will probably start the season at 15 also.

Aside from Cox, where are the rest of all the BGS boys who went the GPS?

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Sam Clarke??

He has to undergo another shoulder surgery if he is to play again. I think he just wants to have a year away from the game after the year he had last year. Hopefully he gets it done in time for next year! It would be a shame to see such talent go to waste

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
That's a real shame about Sam Clarke, the guy's a bull so hopefully he makes it back for a crack at Colts next year.

So it seems now Jeeps have lost both Clarke and Maclean Jones for this year (although I assume Jones might be able to play later in the season).

Jones, Clarke and Rodwell would have been a pretty handy backrow, although I think all of them turn 18 this year so we might see it in 2014 if none of them graduate straight to Premier grade.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Breakdown, sorry not very good with schools etc so couldn't tell you where boys have come from.

GPS will be playing with a fairly 2nd string Prem Colts team this weekend vs Uni.

Tuttle, Magnay, Aitsi and Rayment on the sidelines or trialling with Prem Grade. Can confirm Rodwell is in the process of being converted into a hooker and will be starting there on the weekend for prem colts. Apparently this was always a long term option for him to succeed in rep footy, he has the perfect build and is enjoying it.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Sounds like GPS have a pretty handy Prem Colts side if fully fit. These are some of the names I've heard that are definitely down there and are my pick of the bunch.

1. Ethan Machin
2. Ben Hicks
3. Dylan Sikameti
4. Josh Tregenza
5. Dalton Cox
7. Nick Richards
8. Tom Richter
9. Cameron Knox
10. Bobby Tuttle
12. Henry Devine
13. Campbell Magnay
14. Dougie Rayment

I met up with Tom Spencer, a grammar old boy at uni yesterday who told me the team would be

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on your list correct, with himself at 6. I also heard that a King's college boy who finished at Churchie in 2012 would start at 7, I don't know his name so Nick Richards might be right. Couldn't comment on number 8

He told me Bobby Tuttle was bench halfback because he hadn't done any training with Colts thus far.

He mentioned that Magnay, Rodwell, Aitsi weren't playing at all.

Conversely, I hear Uni are planning on playing a pretty close to full strength Prem Colts. Pat Morrey and Liam Jurd (BGS + TGS 2013 respectively) are both out with injuries, and it would surprise me if Harry Masters (flyhalf from Sunny Coast Grammar) played after missing all of this weeks training at O-Week, it's been really tough on the freshmen.

Any idea on what time the game is? I'm keen to head down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tom Richter is from Norths I think. And funnily enough a Brothers junior. GPS strikes again!

In all seriousness he is a very good player.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
King - 1145am kickoff at UQ, back fields I believe.

The earlier games should be good too, even as far back as colts 2 GPS should have good teams due to the player depth filtering back. Maybe not so much in this week with all the 'stars' sitting out.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Further to the depth in colts, just heard that all the coaches from prem colts to colts 2 are level 2 coaches involved in various programs around Brisbane e.g junior gold cup, queensland 7s programs etc. Only one out of the 6 coaches doesn't hold that qualification and hes just a well known grades player who is looking to help improve the club culture in colts.

Looks like there won't be any excuses for another half arsed colts year down at GPS.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mate I've heard about 50-60 currently on the books. Obviously injuries (game and grog related) become an issue throughout the season so I have a feeling if numbers stay there the colts 2 side might just scrape in players wise for a couple games.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I didn't get a chance to head down to the GPS/UNI games, but I heard GPS were dominant in prems and 1s, surprising results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I watched 2/3rds of the uni v GPS game on the weekend. Apparently GPS got up but only by 1 try. Which is surprising as they looked the much better team when I was watching. 3 good halfbacks on show. A couple of really good ball runners in the GPS side mainly in the forwards. Uni looked like a team just coming together who lacked structure. They where at their best when ?kidstone? (tgs flyhalf from last year) was at 10 but plenty of potential in the first 10 ?zaproff?.
Skill level and fitness down from both sides but being the weekend of o week that's to be expected. I also believe both teams had a lot of talent sitting on the side line

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
i imagine uni would have been underdone training wise? As i imagine a lot of guys wouldn't have moved to brisbane till training started and then would have been busy with o week

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know how Brothers Prem Colts are looking this year? I think they lots of blokes move up to grades in 2014 so will be interesting to see if they are as dominant, but they do have the coaching structures in place.

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I watched 2/3rds of the uni v GPS game on the weekend. Apparently GPS got up but only by 1 try. Which is surprising as they looked the much better team when I was watching. 3 good halfbacks on show. A couple of really good ball runners in the GPS side mainly in the forwards. Uni looked like a team just coming together who lacked structure. They where at their best when ?kidstone? (tgs flyhalf from last year) was at 10 but plenty of potential in the first 10 ?zaproff?.
Skill level and fitness down from both sides but being the weekend of o week that's to be expected. I also believe both teams had a lot of talent sitting on the side line

Status
Not open for further replies.