• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Games for the weekend

Sunnybank (3) V Souths (4) Sunnybank took care of business last weekend against Logan in what would have been training run. South played like they did in the trials for the first time this season and were never in doubt against UQ. This one os too close to call now with the Bank taking care of Souths time they met. I will go for the Bank by 7 with a toss of the coin.

Brother (1) V Wests (2) What can you say Brother continued on there merry way last weekend. Wests will get better with some boys who played Prem grade on the weekend but I don't think it will be enough, these two teams should meet in the GF with Brother being the overwhelming favourites. Brothers by 20.

Colts 2

Brother(1) v UQ (2) Brothers favourites. However Expect UQ to have some boys playing down so it will be close.

Souths (3) V Bond (4) Too close to call. Same as above Bond will have some boys playing down.

Agree with your sentiments Happyman. However, now team lists confirmed I believe margins will be larger in Colts 1 games.

Lucas and Fenner taking field for Sunnybank and no Ngamanu for Souths means at least 14 points difference.

Brothers are starting with Wood, McReight and Wilson. So with four Aust Schools or Junior Wallabies reps (incl Siggs) in the Brothers forward pack, they should just tear Wests (with no one returning from Prem Grade or Wallabies camp) apart to provide great ball to backs. I reckon Brothers by 30 or more.

George Craswell

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree with your sentiments Happyman. However, now team lists confirmed I believe margins will be larger in Colts 1 games.

Lucas and Fenner taking field for Sunnybank and no Ngamanu for Souths means at least 14 points difference.

Brothers are starting with Wood, McReight and Wilson. So with four Aust Schools or Junior Wallabies reps (incl Siggs) in the Brothers forward pack, they should just tear Wests (with no one returning from Prem Grade or Wallabies camp) apart to provide great ball to backs. I reckon Brothers by 30 or more.

George Craswell

Bob McCowan (2)
Watched the Colts 2 Brothers v University final.
71-5 thrashing. Can’t see Uni recovering to back up
against Bond next week.
Good all round team performance. Dominant all over the
Park. Uni no 15 had some good runs but the rest did not show up.
A few injury worries for Brothers with their inspirational captain
13 clearly carrying a leg injury.
Brothers v Bond final. If Bond play a few of their Colts 1 boys it could get interesting.

Reactions: vac

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
^^^^^

Oh that’s what I thought. Rugby link has it UQs way. But heard and thought brothers won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
No surprises in today’s Colt 1 games,
Brothers thrashed Wests.Brothers looked like a different team to last week...actually it almost was, with 3 or 4 players coming down from HC to play Colts. Wests didn’t have a chance, especially with the comps top try scorer missing in action.
Souths was always going to struggle with their captain missing and Sunnybank also bringing in reinforcement with 2 of their HC players playing Colts today, it paid off as they also scored the Win.
Will be an interesting game next week, Wests versing the new & improved Sunnybank team.

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
No surprises in today’s Colt 1 games,
Brothers thrashed Wests.Brothers looked like a different team to last week.actually it almost was, with 3 or 4 players coming down from HC to play Colts. Wests didn’t have a chance, especially with the comps top try scorer missing in action.
Souths was always going to struggle with their captain missing and Sunnybank also bringing in reinforcement with 2 of their HC players playing Colts today, it paid off as they also scored the Win.
Will be an interesting game next week, Wests versing the new & improved Sunnybank team.

South's lead most of the game, didn't look like they were struggling until atleast the last 10. Sunnybank did play well though

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
South's lead most of the game, didn't look like they were struggling until atleast the last 10. Sunnybank did play well though

Yes mate watched that game as I expected the the Brothers Wests game to go only one way as it did.

It was a close game between two evenly matched teams in my view the Sunnybank coaches made good use of the bench where as the Souths coaching staff did not use even make a single change.

Sunnybank scored the last three tries over a tiring Souths team for a well deserved win.

Sunnybank play Wests next week for the chance to play in the GF. I expect that game to only go one way.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Which way?

If Jordan wasn't holding tackle bags at the Wallabies camp, I know which way I'd be thinking.
Saw part of the game between Brothers and Wests and thought they held their own but for a couple of defensive lapses and missed opportunities. Bit like the Super Rugby final they were in it but the score board didn't show it.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
If Jordan wasn't holding tackle bags at the Wallabies camp, I know which way I'd be thinking.
Saw part of the game between Brothers and Wests and thought they held their own but for a couple of defensive lapses and missed opportunities. Bit like the Super Rugby final they were in it but the score board didn't show it.

yeah second half read 10-7 Brothers but the first was shocking, 28-Zip

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
I think at this point after watching Brothers vs Wests, its Brothers premiership to lose, I'm calling a Sunnybank vs Brothers Final

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
My Tips for the weekend.

Colts 1 Wests V Sunnybank Wests were well beaten by a dominant Brothers team but I understand did show a lot of fight in the second half. Sunnybank had a hard fought win Souths scoring the last three tries in the final ten minutes to run away with it. For mine Wests will bounce back to move on to the GF where they will lose to a very good brothers team. Wests by 14

Colts 2 UQ V Bond UQ got absolutely spanked last week and the question is do they have the mental fortitude to bounce back after losing 71 to 5.
Bond got out to a big lead and were almost run down by the Souths. I expect the Bond Colts 1.1 team to beat a dispirited UQ team to progress. Bond by 7

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
My Tips for the weekend.

Colts 1 Wests V Sunnybank Wests were well beaten by a dominant Brothers team but I understand did show a lot of fight in the second half. Sunnybank had a hard fought win Souths scoring the last three tries in the final ten minutes to run away with it. For mine Wests will bounce back to move on to the GF where they will lose to a very good brothers team. Wests by 14

Colts 2 UQ V Bond UQ got absolutely spanked last week and the question is do they have the mental fortitude to bounce back after losing 71 to 5.
Bond got out to a big lead and were almost run down by the Souths. I expect the Bond Colts 1.1 team to beat a dispirited UQ team to progress. Bond by 7

Yeah agree happyman Wests over The Bank by 10 and Bond over UQ in the “battle of the students”. Very hard for UQ to come back; they’d have more scars then a scalded cat. Bond by 12.

You forgot the final game (Colts III) where I think it’s bad news again for UQ with a win for Wynnum, by 8.

Good luck to all involved this weekend.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah agree happyman Wests over The Bank by 10 and Bond over UQ in the “battle of the students”. Very hard for UQ to come back; they’d have more scars then a scalded cat. Bond by 12.

You forgot the final game (Colts III) where I think it’s bad news again for UQ with a win for Wynnum, by 8.

Good luck to all involved this weekend.

Sunnybank weaker in forwards this week with Tominiko and Fenner out. Still, Sunnybank very strong halves and centers but weaker outside. They will have to bring their A+ game on Sunday.

Wests have to reduce their unforced errors that crippled them last week and they will handle Sunnybank. Except for Lucas this is more like the team they just knocked over at home rather than team they steamrolled at Sunnybank in 2nd round. So Wests by less than 7.

Colts 2 Bond team were well in control last Saturday and I agree with other sentiments that this will get them up for a shot at Brothers in the GF.

Reactions: vac

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well here we go! Great results for Wynnum (Colts 3) and Brothers in Colts 2.

Good luck to Wests and The Bank today.

Anyone there? Appreciate some updates if possible.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Final score Sir William? Sunnybank I heard were good at the breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.