• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fourgreatkids

expect to be a big crowd at northgate with the old boys set to rally to help the light dark blue get over the line. email was sent earlier in the week to help get encourage people to bring their families and spread the word

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
style="width: 800px;"
|- style="background: #e9e375; font-weight: strong;"
|| Position || Team || Played || Wins || Draws || Losses || Points
|-
||1|| Brisbane Grammar School || 3 || 3 || 0 || 0 || 6
|-style="background: #e7edbe;"
||-|| Ipswich Grammar School || 4 || 3 || 0 || 1 || 6
|-
||-|| Nudgee College ||4||3||0||1||6
||4|| Anglican Church Grammar School ||3||2||1||0||5
|-
||5|| Brisbane State High School ||4||2||0||2||4
||6|| Brisbane Boys College ||4||1||0||3||2
|-
||-|| Toowoomba Grammar School ||3||1||0||2||2
||8|| The Southport School ||3||0||1||2||1
|-
||9|| Gregory Terrace ||4||0||0||4||0

Theres your 1st XV table. pay attention next time to the conversation boys,

H

hurge

Word is davies is playing for grammar against churchie, should be an epic game, personally I predict BGS by 2.
But this should be an extremely interesting/ intense game as the only undefeated teams go head to head!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BGS ACGS
8. L Aumua 8. L. Oppenheimer
9. T Whip 9. B. Jardine
10. G Davies 10. D. Eason
11. L Radford 11. M. Ioane
12. H Starr Thomas 12. W. Ninai
13. B. Laud 13. S. Polau
14. H Theile 14. D. Van Heteran Swemmer
15. S Greene. 15. O. Davies

Talent in those backlines is virtually identical. I see this game being determined in the forwards. Mitchell (ACGS) should dominate the breakdowns, Cornelson (BGS) seems the quality lineout jumper, so that should be a win for grammar. Good clash will be Aumua v Oppenheiemer, whoever rushes the opposite #10 should gain reward on the scoreboard. Not sure who will win come scrum time but I don't see the Churchie scrum going backwards at this point... Hopefully ref doesnt dominate this game, both sides goal kickers wont miss, particularly Greene. I think Grammars injury list could hurt them in the dying mintutes, Churchie has too much depth in the 16s and replacements will be the difference when it comes down to the wire. Let's hope BGS don't get nervous if they find themselves ahead, their long awaited premiership is still a year or so away. ACGS by less than 7 in Match of the Year

BGS ACGS
8. L Aumua 8. L. Oppenheimer
9. T Whip 9. B. Jardine
10. G Davies 10. D. Eason
11. L Radford 11. M. Ioane
12. H Starr Thomas 12. W. Ninai
13. B. Laud 13. S. Polau
14. H Theile 14. D. Van Heteran Swemmer
15. S Greene. 15. O. Davies

Talent in those backlines is virtually identical. I see this game being determined in the forwards. Mitchell (ACGS) should dominate the breakdowns, Cornelson (BGS) seems the quality lineout jumper, so that should be a win for grammar. Good clash will be Aumua v Oppenheiemer, whoever rushes the opposite #10 should gain reward on the scoreboard. Not sure who will win come scrum time but I don't see the Churchie scrum going backwards at this point... Hopefully ref doesnt dominate this game, both sides goal kickers wont miss, particularly Greene. I think Grammars injury list could hurt them in the dying mintutes, Churchie has too much depth in the 16s and replacements will be the difference when it comes down to the wire. Let's hope BGS don't get nervous if they find themselves ahead, their long awaited premiership is still a year or so away. ACGS by less than 7 in Match of the Year

Awkward, because Aumua isn't playing...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
damn my first prediction was spot on, someone needs to set up a TAB for GPS matches..

K

klol

That blows for the grammar boys, they didn't play the way they wanted to
good learning experience though, they should come in hot next week

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That blows for the grammar boys, they didn't play the way they wanted to
good learning experience though, they should come in hot next week

Grammar will be stronger for it next year. Churchie is far too well drilled, but BGS are the real deal this year and providing a headache to the big guns, its good to see their resurgence. State Highs demolition of Terrace puts them in good stead for a good finish to the season. Mark the BSHS v ACGS game in your calender, thats the title decider right there

Status
Not open for further replies.