• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the truth

I undertook a coaching course at Easts Rugby Union a few weeks ago; and I must say several players in Brisbane attended to help participate in the drills.
It was evident that the coaching course was of a high standard, with some of the finest drills being displayed however in the catching course player Dylan Matthews struggled with catching the rugby ball.
My case here is how can a player who makes Queensland, display abilities lower than he should.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can anyone tell me about Digger MacMillian don't know much about him apart from making the Queensland team?

B

bottleneck

any news on how Churchie went on tour .I am assuming they are back

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah it's true PW. The hope is that players commit to play club rugby early in the year but I have heard from a couple of coaches that they don't want to risk players getting injured. The biggest issue will be picking rep teams as the trials will now take on more importance as no GPS teams would have played before they are held.

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on rugby participation and that of other sports. I have a mate who's son is a rep basketball player, and was in his second year of playing rugby, who can't play rugby because it is on the same time. I would have thought that rugby and basketball would have had more crossover than rugby and football but the powers that be have seen fit to move things to open up more access to facilities.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
I heard since rugby has been moved to term 3 they will pick the rep team before the GPS Season has started and my thought is they will choose the well known players not giving the least known players who have might have been good enough to be in the team a fair chance

T

The Boys

apparently the AIC season's aren't changing, how will that affect the trial matches played by gps schools?

B

bottleneck

Any one hear what the controversy was with the tour by Churchie.Hard not to let the hair down on such a great trip.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Any one hear what the controversy was with the tour by Churchie.Hard not to let the hair down on such a great trip.

I wouldn't look too much into it, Courier Mail's sources are never that reputable when it comes to private schools, particularly Churchie.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
You could consider Brisbane Grammar a bogie team for Churchie in this age group as I hear BGS defeated them in the U15 competition in 2010 and only marginally lost to ACGS in 2011 in the U16s with Grammar having half of their players from 2010 either in the firsts or injured.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Grammar are strong, but by no means a 'bogey' team for Churchie. That status would describe TSS, IGS and NC quite nicely.

BGS has won 7 premierships in nearly 100 years, the last being 20 years ago this year (1992), the one before that in 1979. It will be just as much a mental battle as physical for Grammar and the weight of expectation might end up being a telling tale.

1st XV Results ACGS v BGS.
2002 - 2011
2002 ACGS d BGS 22-13
2003 ACGS d BGS 59-0
2004 ACGS d BGS 34-7
2005 ACGS d BGS 64-13
2006 ACGS d BGS 10-8
2007 ACGS d BGS 69-7
2008 ACGS d BGS 48-0
2009 ACGS d BGS 39-7
2010 ACGS d BGS 24-21
2011 ACGS d BGS 26-16