• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Does anyone have a list of the coaches for 2012. It may have been posted earlier but I am too lazy to go back and look.

Thanks

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BBC - Tom Barker
ACGS - Ian Jones
TSS - Mark Wallace
TGS - Jason Gilmore

Not sure about the rest

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Charles is still in charge at IGS and the same guys are taking BSHS

H

haydenmitchell

Churhie First XV
1.Jack Leamon
3.Ethan Machin
4.Sebastian Georgiou
5.Luke Shepherd
6.Michael Gunn
7.Digger MacMillian
8.Lochey Oppenheimer
9.Darcy Eason
10.James Watson
11.Alex West
12.Angus McClanahan
13.Monty Ioane
14.Dean Van Heteren Swemmer
15.Moses Clarke Give him a chance in fullback

moses at fullback? have you never seen that guy catch a ball? not a chance they'll put him there. ben halligan needs to hit the weights but is extremely skilled, he does that and he'll be golden. Other options include Sam Hyne and Matt Scott, but you'd certainly put scott on the wing and dean at fullback.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
moses at fullback? have you never seen that guy catch a ball? not a chance they'll put him there. ben halligan needs to hit the weights but is extremely skilled, he does that and he'll be golden. Other options include Sam Hyne and Matt Scott, but you'd certainly put scott on the wing and dean at fullback.

Nahh never seen him play just went with other peoples options on him here's my update on that team

1.Jack Leamon
2.Joe Warriner
3.Will Eastwood/Ethan Machin
4.Luke Shepherd/Sam Noble
5.Sebastian Georgiou
6.Michael Gunn
7.Digger MacMillian
8.Lochey Oppnheimer
9.Darcy Eason
10.James Watson
11.Alex West
12.Angus McClanahan
13.Jaidon Schafer/A kid thats coming from Western Australia or Victoria donno
14.Monty Ioane
15.Dean Van Heteren Swemmer

H

haydenmitchell

tell us about schafer, i haven't heard much of him before?

And I'd go with machin of eastwood at the moment, mainly due to the fact I've played in a team they were both in and ethan kept will on the bench for the duration of that tournament. otherwise that teams pretty much on the money i'd say

H

haydenmitchell

does anyone know what brisbane grammar are doing pre season? is there a tour on? whats the deal?

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
You can never predict a side in the gps competition before the beginning of the school year with new players always being brought in.

B

bottleneck

You can never predict a side in the gps competition before the beginning of the school year with new players always being brought in.

Churchie will have a 2nd 15 that will beat most 1st xv"s

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Some recent posts about scholarships have been moved to the scholarship thread.

Read the Rules of the Schoolboy Forum guys.

B

bottleneck

im predicting an undefeated premiership for churchie from the 1sts to the 5ths for the first time ever by churchie

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
tell us about schafer, i haven't heard much of him before?

And I'd go with machin of eastwood at the moment, mainly due to the fact I've played in a team they were both in and ethan kept will on the bench for the duration of that tournament. otherwise that teams pretty much on the money i'd say

haven't heard much bout him just know his a big kid who was in the Indigenous under 16 team

W

Wally James

Churchie's depth is huge for 2012. 16As undefeated in 2011. 16Bs have lost one competition game since entering secondary school and that to Nudgee. A few from last year backing up. Great variety in depth. Eastwood for example plays tight head, hooker and, at a pinch loose head and around the 100 kg mark. Oppenheimer well entrenched in his third year in first xv.

Having said that, nudgee southport and terrace were vey strong in 16s last year. Should be an interesting season in third term for the first time

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Had lunch with James Phare and Ben Taurr at toowong today, anyway turns out Taurr is bailing to TSS next year cause our rugby programs not good enough, so possibly expect him to be in the TSS lineup?

Fair enough, I told him.

Said his family has moved to the gold coast and everything, he really liked BBC academically etc just wants to go further in rugby, didn't get along with Tom Barker very well?

The only thing that could be wrong is it possibly being a wind up. Will double check for everyone's benefit on here.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, the quality of this thread has dropped dramatically.

- Tarr is a good get for TSS, they seem to be lacking in the forwards unlike previous years so it's unsurprising that BBC was unable to keep him against that kind of competition
- Have to agree regarding Churchie's chances however we might be calling it too early as little has been seen from other contenders and I doubt anyone will just lie down for them. Clarke won't make it anywhere near the 1st XV and would be lucky to get into the 2nd XV at the moment. As other members have stated the back three looks more likely to be 11. West, 14. Ioane, 15. Van Heteren. Can confirm that Schafer has joined the mix and looks to be the goods for the 13 jersey.

I still rate IGS, BGS, NC and TSS' chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.