• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't know about complete forward packs you would have to say the usual powerhouses with Nudgee and TSS, but you would have to think that GT would have one of the Strongest backrows with Kyle Leofa at 6,Toby McNamee at 7 and Daniel Sitanilei at 8
That is an interesting statement given GT performance in the 2012 season

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
That is an interesting statement given GT performance in the 2012 season
interesting how? i didn't comment on GT's 2012 performance and made no statement that they have the best forwards or backs just mentioned with the addition of kyle leofa they have a strong backrow the strongest in the GPS in my opinion.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
interesting how? i didn't comment on GT's 2012 performance and made no statement that they have the best forwards or backs just mentioned with the addition of kyle leofa they have a strong backrow the strongest in the GPS in my opinion.
Are you anticipating that GT backrow, which you feel is "the strongest in the GPS" will dominate in 2013

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Are you anticipating that GT backrow, which you feel is "the strongest in the GPS" will dominate in 2013
Its hard to say dominate as they haven't all played in the same team and have yet to develop a level of co-operation, but based on prior knowledge of how they have preformed in the past they should have a sizable influence and impact on games throughout the GPS competition.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Its hard to say dominate as they haven't all played in the same team and have yet to develop a level of co-operation, but based on prior knowledge of how they have preformed in the past they should have a sizable influence and impact on games throughout the GPS competition.
It will be interesting to see how the other schools rate their Backs/Forwards for the coming season

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agreed. who do you see having the best forward pack or back line ?
To be quite honest, I am not familiar enough with the teams to offer an opinion at this stage. I am hoping others will pick up the thread and offer comment on the strengths and/or weakness' of the teams. I am aware that GT and BSH finshed at the bottom of the ladder last season but I do not know how many of the teams have retained a strong nucleus of experienced players for this season. I do know that BSH had a strong 15A and 16A side last season and with a change in the coaching are hoping for a much stronger performance in the Firsts 2013.

D

deece_bro

A BSHS 1st XV prediction

1. Wayan Mclean - had 1sts experience this year but was injured
2. Josh Baravi - has been on the bench and been given some game time but mostly played for 16 As
3. Enoka Kalupu - no 1sts experience as he was in 10 last year but will be up to the challenge
4. Alastair Berking - has alot of 1sts experience and most likely captain for state high
5. George James/Puketawa Garland
6. Matt Sautia - Chris Sautia's little brother, very aggressive and gets the job done
7. Josh Wood/Callum Enoch-Barlow
8. Ben Petaia - played every 1sts game and is a very effective all round player, one to look out for
9. Blake Ford/Issac Douglas
10. Jake Strachan - started every game for firsts at 10 and 15 except for the last 2-3 games
11. Serge Panochini - played 1 game for firsts but it a very strong and fast runner, very dangerous with the ball
12. Antoine Iosefo/Tyrone Southorn
13. Antonio Asiata/Scott Husband
14. Jermaine Carter - played and started 3 firsts games and has performed well every game
15. Antoine Iosefo - played every 1st XV game at various positions such as 11 13 and 15 and also the only grade 11 to make the Chairmans XV and was given the chance to play for GPS 3 and GPS 1

State high also have 3 or 4 new guys coming in so this prediction could change later in the year but so far this is probably the most accurate one at the moment, never underestimate the underdogs as they will be coming in strong to make up for what was a very disappointing year for them as they have a a lot of strong players especially the 16 As came 2nd only losing 2 games by 5 or less points so i believe they will be finish in the top 4.

Black234

Stan Wickham (3)
A BSHS 1st XV prediction

1. Wayan Mclean - had 1sts experience this year but was injured
2. Josh Baravi - has been on the bench and been given some game time but mostly played for 16 As
3. Enoka Kalupu - no 1sts experience as he was in 10 last year but will be up to the challenge
4. Alastair Berking - has alot of 1sts experience and most likely captain for state high
5. George James/Puketawa Garland
6. Matt Sautia - Chris Sautia's little brother, very aggressive and gets the job done
7. Josh Wood/Callum Enoch-Barlow
8. Ben Petaia - played every 1sts game and is a very effective all round player, one to look out for
9. Blake Ford/Issac Douglas
10. Jake Strachan - started every game for firsts at 10 and 15 except for the last 2-3 games
11. Serge Panochini - played 1 game for firsts but it a very strong and fast runner, very dangerous with the ball
12. Antoine Iosefo/Tyrone Southorn
13. Antonio Asiata/Scott Husband
14. Jermaine Carter - played and started 3 firsts games and has performed well every game
15. Antoine Iosefo - played every 1st XV game at various positions such as 11 13 and 15 and also the only grade 11 to make the Chairmans XV and was given the chance to play for GPS 3 and GPS 1

Alastair Berking to 6, Isaac to start at 9 and both Tawa and George at 2nd rows and you've got a solid BSHS forward. Has Likki left Bshs?

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alastair Berking to 6, Isaac to start at 9 and both Tawa and George at 2nd rows and you've got a solid BSHS forward. Has Likki left Bshs?
I think Liki is still at BSH. He seems to have been overlooked, I dont know if that is deliberate by those posting the sides, however, he would be quite capable at No 8 and Ben Petaia moved into No.11. Serge Panochini would move to the wing where he has played most of his Rugby.

D

deece_bro

I think Liki is still at BSH. He seems to have been overlooked, I dont know if that is deliberate by those posting the sides, however, he would be quite capable at No 8 and Ben Petaia moved into No.11. Serge Panochini would move to the wing where he has played most of his Rugby.

Moving Ben from forwards to the backs isn't such a good move, he will be more of an impact at 8 or 6 and Liki yes he is capable at playing 8, I was just naming the best team that I think state high can offer, but you never know what can happen during pre season training but at the moment I don't think Liki is ready for firsts just yet. Yeah serge has been very good on the wing so I don't see any reason for him to be put elsewhere

brad

Frank Row (1)
BBC cant be considered to contend for a premiership with a 10 as bad as nathen russell. he is simple a passer of the ball, has no speed with his run, and cant defend.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC cant be considered to contend for a premiership with a 10 as bad as nathen russell. he is simple a passer of the ball, has no speed with his run, and cant defend.

i thought Josh Bowen was still at BBC and would be playing 10 for BBC in 2013.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate that's a little harsh and probably a little early to make sweeping comments and predictions....

churchieboy

Frank Row (1)
Confirmed news that the u16 queensland red fly half mack mason from downlands college will be in year 12 at churchie this year. I have watched him play and he is a tremendous talent, one of the best I've seen in a while. This surely must put churchies hopes back up with Nigel tanuvesa and Jaidon Schafer playing outside him.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought the rule was you couldn't recruit players just in Year 12?
That is interesting. Why did you think that? I checked out the rules governing the competition here in QLD and apart from an age restriction (19 or turning 19) and being a student in a participating school I could find no reference to recruiting to year 12.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've
That is interesting. Why did you think that? I checked out the rules governing the competition here in QLD and apart from an age restriction (19 or turning 19) and being a student in a participating school I could find no reference to recruiting to year 12.
also heard this rule I thought thats what it was at churchie atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.