• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
My brother grade 9 student at Terrace told me today there's been a slight increase in the fob population at Terrace. Any news on this?

Yes your brother is right. Nikau Te-rupe, Isaiah Grace now attend Terrace in year 11, Kyle Leofa came to terrace late last year also.

FreshCream

Frank Row (1)
I think antonie iosefo will be a very strong back for BSHS, he has certainly has the potential to become a player for the Australian school boys.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I wish grammar still had a big midfielder like lakehm. I personally was hoping he repeated, it seems some things just arent to be :( it seems that with a team boasting the likes of dan forsyth, matt marsden, trey kemp, ferg halliday among other smaller backs some size is definately needed. I think the closest thing grammar has currently is Levi Aumua's (BGS First XV 2010 and 2011) younger brother Denzil who's got some fair size and speed about him. He's planning on being a big part of grammar's basketball campaign this year, so i wouldnt be naming him in any future teams though.

One thing is for sure though, he would be an entertaining player to watch!

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
I wish grammar still had a big midfielder like lakehm. I personally was hoping he repeated, it seems some things just arent to be :( it seems that with a team boasting the likes of dan forsyth, matt marsden, trey kemp, ferg halliday among other smaller backs some size is definately needed. I think the closest thing grammar has currently is Levi Aumua's (BGS First XV 2010 and 2011) younger brother Denzil who's got some fair size and speed about him. He's planning on being a big part of grammar's basketball campaign this year, so i wouldnt be naming him in any future teams though.

Grammar won last year with most likely the smallest team in the competition however the quality of these 'small' players has changed. (probably only reffering to Greene and Star-Thomas) Have you got a lineup to share for grammar

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)

King whats grammars backline looking like so far?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Also have Lindsay Collins from Padua (I think maybe Laurie's) and Harley from eddies moved to churchie?

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think antonie iosefo will be a very strong back for BSHS, he has certainly has the potential to become a player for the Australian school boys.
Antoine has certainly matured physically and will have an impact on the competition this year. BSH new look scrum this year is going to pack some weight and will trouble most of the other teams.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Couldnt possibly name a grammar team this early. Too many spots to plug, not enough known about how the grade 11s could fit in to the 2013 team. The loss of Greene (#10), Cornelson (#8), Blackhurst (#1), Muller (#5) Fatseas (#3), Lakehm Aiono (#12) and in particular I think Joshua Birch (#13) will be very hard to replace. The work he did offensively and defensively for the team were a big part of the success of Matt Marsden and the other gaggle of wingers at Grammar in the 2012 season. Without him defending so well on the flanks I think grammars size out wide would have been exploited a great deal more throughout the season. The backbone of last years premiership team has been ripped out of it. When a squad gets named and we play a few trials I'll let everybody know how it's shaping up

Just quickly has anybody else heard about a certain first XV coach south of the bridge actively pursuing a coaching career with the reds? If anybody knows the full story, please share, I'm intrigued.

Can't wait for footy season

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Just quickly has anybody else heard about a certain first XV coach south of the bridge actively pursuing a coaching career with the reds? If anybody knows the full story, please share, I'm intrigued.

Can't wait for footy season

If you're talking about the coach I think you are, then I've heard the same story. Word is this particular coach made a call to a powerful ARU executive in a desperate bid to move into the professional coaching circuit. Good luck, he'll need it.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haven't heard anything of Lakehm repeating from the BGS crowd, this is probably just extended bitterness over the overhyped Sam Greene factor of 2012 (Which, DarkShark, is nothing compared to the disgusting importing antics of schools like NC and TSS). Back to Lakehm, he was progressing well with the Broncos last I heard and best of luck to him. It seems his heart lies with League and now having graduated I'm hopeful he reaches his potential in the sport.
What do TSS do that the others don't

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
churchie, gt, and nudgee team predictions?

Possible XV Terrace team

1. Robert Green/Jacob Stanley?
2. -?
3. Nat Kasch/Sam Wilson
4. Ben Laxon
5. -?
6. Kyle Leofa/Dom Sester
7. Toby McNamee/Connor Moroney
8. Daniel Sitanilei
9. Angus Fowler/Same Dalgliesh
10. Alex Horan/Angus Fowler
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Nikau Te-rupe/Will Ward
14. Jack Lodder/George Partridge?
15. Connor Harvey/Isaiah Grace

Terrace supporters any changes? info on players to fill missing positions or opinions on who should start?

would love to see a nudgee team put up.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Possible XV Terrace team

1. Robert Green/Jacob Stanley?
2. -?
3. Nat Kasch/Sam Wilson
4. Ben Laxon
5. -?
6. Kyle Leofa/Dom Sester
7. Toby McNamee/Connor Moroney
8. Daniel Sitanilei
9. Angus Fowler/Same Dalgliesh
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Nikau Te-rupe/Will Ward
14. Jack Lodder/George Partridge?
15. Connor Harvey/Isaiah Grace

Terrace supporters any changes? info on players to fill missing positions or opinions on who should start?

would love to see a nudgee team put up.

1. Robert Green
2. Kyle Leofa (have heard he's moving to the front row)
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Sam Wilson
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Daniel Sitanilei
9. Angus Fowler/Tom Lutvey
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Isaiah Grace
13. Kris Larosa
14. Will Ward/Connor Harvey/Jack Lodder/George Partridge
15. Nikau Te-Rupe

Only my opinion.
I hate to move Larosa out of inside but seeing as I have heard Grace plays in a very similar manner I chose Larosa because of his experience last year at outside

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Robert Green
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Sam Wilson
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Daniel Sitanilei
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Isaiah Grace
13. Kris Larosa
15. Nikau Te-Rupe

Only my opinion.
I hate to move Larosa out of inside but seeing as I have heard Grace plays in a very similar manner I chose Larosa because of his experience last year at outside

experience? Larosa played inside for terrace last year with jack heenan at outside apart from the very tail end of the season he played outside with James Dalgleish at inside, but i can see the logic of the switch. personally i would leave him at 12 i heard Isaiah has played at 15 hence my placing him there. Has the potential to be a Fairly strong backline. i also would love to see that backrow! with kyle moving to frontrow it would allow connor and toby to work in unison and the pair would reap havoc at the breakdown. i like your thinking ippylad

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
experience? Larosa played inside for terrace last year with jack heenan at outside apart from the very tail end of the season he played outside with James Dalgleish at inside, but i can see the logic of the switch. personally i would leave him at 12 i heard Isaiah has played at 15 hence my placing him there. Has the potential to be a Fairly strong backline. i also would love to see that backrow! with kyle moving to frontrow it would allow connor and toby to work in unison and the pair would reap havoc at the breakdown. i like your thinking ippylad

ahh I didn't know that Isaiah had played fullback but if so then I agree with your back line. Yes the back row should do quite well with both Toby and Connor. Connor plays like Hooper the breakdown returns of a 7 and the running game of a 6. And of course Toby well lets just say he's one of the players to watch this year and I think might be the captain

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
If you're talking about the coach I think you are, then I've heard the same story. Word is this particular coach made a call to a powerful ARU executive in a desperate bid to move into the professional coaching circuit. Good luck, he'll need it.

Thanks Swarley, thats about as much as I've heard too..

I wonder what it says about the culture of their rugby program if the head coach is so eager to pursue other avenues. I thought they had a good chance this season, why leave so soon? maybe the school in question's chances arent as good as we all presumed initially and the coach is trying to escape before a bad season derails chances of future coaching positions! its a possibility.. and all the same good luck to him, I wish him success whoever he ends up coaching

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Robert Green
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Sam Wilson
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Daniel Sitanilei
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Isaiah Grace
13. Kris Larosa
15. Nikau Te-Rupe

Only my opinion.
I would like to move Nikau to flyhalf and have isiah at fullback kris at inside centre and conor at 13. i think that would be terraces best backline however I know this wont happen because of who Alex Horan is. Which is too bad I would love to see some one with Nikau's offensive flare playing 10 with a very competent back line at his disposal.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would like to move Nikau to flyhalf and have isiah at fullback kris at inside centre and conor at 13. i think that would be terraces best backline however I know this wont happen because of who Alex Horan is. Which is too bad I would love to see some one with Nikau's offensive flare playing 10 with a very competent back line at his disposal.
This is a very good backline but the one change I would make is Isaiah Grace to inside and Connor Harvey too full back. This is just based on my opinion as I have seen Connor play at fullback and he is definantly capable of playing the position but I haven't seen Isaiahs game play but since people say he's similar to Larosa I think it would he would be more beneficial at inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.