• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
3 teams can only play off for second now, BBC vs TSS next week, and if ACGS lose to IGS then they wont tie for second with whoever wins out of BBC vs TSS vice versa.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS scored a try at Full Time - 8 Luke Papworth was wrestling one on one with BGS 7 Trey Kemp, before getting an offload away to 2 Jake Lyon who scored. Papworth then kicked Kemp in the head when he was on the ground, and as he got up punched him in the back of the head. Disgraceful.
You must have been at a different game. I have never seen Papworth do anything like you say and i doubt he did that. The things I have heard supporters of BGS say about TSS and their boys over the years are appalling. Bad losers who ring other schools with fanciful stories . Think this may be off the mark from what I saw. Papworth would not have been man of the match doing something like that. Well done to TSS boys, they finished off well.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
3 teams can only play off for second now, BBC vs TSS next week, and if ACGS lose to IGS then they wont tie for second with whoever wins out of BBC vs TSS vice versa.

Maths Sam.

ACGS cannot finish second no matter what happens.

If they win they will end up on 11 points, the same as TSS. If TSS wins, they will finish second on 13 and BBC fourth on 10. If BBC wins they will finish second on 12 points and TSS and ACGS equal third on 11.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 8 results

1st XV: TSS 44 d BGS 17; ACGS 36 d GT 20; BBC 45 d IGS 34; NC 50 d TGS 17

2nd XV: TSS 45 d BGS 7; GT 24 d ACGS 16; BBC 12 d IGS 0; NC 40 d TGS 5

16A: TSS 31 d BGS 10; ACGS 23 d GT 5; BBC 26 d IGS 14; NC 19 d TGS 0

15A: TSS 24 d BGS 5; ACGS 33 d GT 7; BBC 28 d IGS 5; TGS 24 d NC 19

14A: TSS 24 d BGS 7; GT 14 d ACGS 11; IGS 31 d BBC 12; NC 28 d TGS 14

13A: TSS 25 d BGS 0; ACGS 5 d GT 0; IGS 22 d BBC 21; NC 39 d TGS 5

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_007.jpg

BBC v TSS

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
You must have been at a different game. I have never seen Papworth do anything like you say and i doubt he did that. The things I have heard supporters of BGS say about TSS and their boys over the years are appalling. Bad losers who ring other schools with fanciful stories . Think this may be off the mark from what I saw. Papworth would not have been man of the match doing something like that. Well done to TSS boys, they finished off well.

Not the sort of thing anyone would have made up. I sat beside the scoreboard, 5 or 6 metres away from the corner where the incident happened. If TSS supporters can tell me it didn't happen from their stand 60 metres away, then fine. I'd like to say that I'm fairly impartial in these sorts of matters. I'll ask around and see if everyone else saw it happen.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bronson play at 3 against IGS? If so how did he play?

Yes he did. Personally I think 2 or 1 is where he will end up (or maybe 3).
He was strong as usual but given that BBC were sloppy in retaining possession all game and struggled to mount the phases he did not have many attacking opportunities. The space was outside 13 all day!

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes he did. Personally I think 2 or 1 is where he will end up (or maybe 3).
He was strong as usual but given that BBC were sloppy in retaining possession all game and struggled to mount the phases he did not have many attacking opportunities. The space was outside 13 all day!
Luke Peterson (BBC's normal tighthead) was out injured.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Luke Peterson (BBC's normal tighthead) was out injured.
Could explain some of BBC's softness down the middle, Bronson played his usual wide game, while Peterson's strength is in the mid field and at the break down- not that it was Bronson's fault but I think BBC struggled in the tight five.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Could explain some of BBC's softness down the middle, Bronson played his usual wide game, while Peterson's strength is in the mid field and at the break down- not that it was Bronson's fault but I think BBC struggled in the tight five.

Ippy have some of the best ball runners in the comp undoubtedly. Think they were just outmatched in the fowards and ippy backs took some advantage of poor defence down the middle, but the brilliance of the BBC backs just gave them the win.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Ippy have some of the best ball runners in the comp undoubtedly. Think they were just outmatched in the fowards and ippy backs took some advantage of poor defence down the middle, but the brilliance of the BBC backs just gave them the win.

good summary.

BBC looked over-confident & lazy.Every time they got out to a big lead they took foot off the pedal.Forwars tackiling was poor,lineout again poor and backs looked like they were playing 7s rugby. How many tries did Conrad Quick "butcher" by not passing?.Numbers 10,and 4 for IGS were brilliant.
Speaking of BRILLIANT -did josh Bowen-Boyer get 3 or 4 tries.? I do know that at 24-10 Bowen had scored every BBC point!.He will be missed by all GPS rugby followeres -what an exciting ball runner.Why is QRU letting him go to Broncos??
Speaking to Tom Barker afterwards he said the first try by Josh was up there with anything he had seen from any schoolboy-Flately,Q Cooper,K Hunt ,Pocock-etc.Even the IGS coaches were applauding.Someone put it on U-Tube.He caught a kick in his own 22 swereved past 3 defenders without a finger laid on him-kicked over fullbacks head-jumped up over IGS fullback and caught the ball in one hand mid-air(aussie rules style) and raced away to score balancing the ball in one hand..An IGS parent said they knew not to kick to him but were powerless to stop it.
BBC will not get near TSS playing like that.I guess it depends which BBC turns up.The team that beat ACGS or the bumbling mob that lost to GT.

footnote-that BBC 15A team is shit-hot .I think Phil White and David Williams (former Red) have them playing a more structured game than the 1sts.If the QRU does not snap up Syd Smith (Aust 15 league captain) they are fools because the Broncos watched him on Saturday/.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
good summary.

BBC looked over-confident & lazy.Every time they got out to a big lead they took foot off the pedal.Forwars tackiling was poor,lineout again poor and backs looked like they were playing 7s rugby. How many tries did Conrad Quick "butcher" by not passing?.Numbers 10,and 4 for IGS were brilliant.
Speaking of BRILLIANT -did josh Bowen-Boyer get 3 or 4 tries.? I do know that at 24-10 Bowen had scored every BBC point!.He will be missed by all GPS rugby followeres -what an exciting ball runner.Why is QRU letting him go to Broncos??
Speaking to Tom Barker afterwards he said the first try by Josh was up there with anything he had seen from any schoolboy-Flately,Q Cooper,K Hunt ,Pocock-etc.Even the IGS coaches were applauding.Someone put it on U-Tube.He caught a kick in his own 22 swereved past 3 defenders without a finger laid on him-kicked over fullbacks head-jumped up over IGS fullback and caught the ball in one hand mid-air(aussie rules style) and raced away to score balancing the ball in one hand..An IGS parent said they knew not to kick to him but were powerless to stop it.
BBC will not get near TSS playing like that.I guess it depends which BBC turns up.The team that beat ACGS or the bumbling mob that lost to GT.

footnote-that BBC 15A team is shit-hot .I think Phil White and David Williams (former Red) have them playing a more structured game than the 1sts.If the QRU does not snap up Syd Smith (Aust 15 league captain) they are fools because the Broncos watched him on Saturday/.
Good summary, BBC backs can really let loose, but they did lack in the scrums and missing some solid defense in middle compared to previous weeks, ie not bringing down Ippy's big forwards.

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
good summary.

Boyer was outstanding and scored plenty.
Quick may have backed himself on a few times & the result was not perfect every time.
Defence wise i saw the bbc 9 save 3 certain tries one was in george gregan fashion..Ippy no8 went the blind side thinking he could run over the bbc 9 only to be meet very low and rolled on his back over the side line...looked like Steve Irwin on the back of a 4m salty the size difference was that big between the two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.