• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
There are YouTube highlights of Nudgee's first game. The link for the first half is
There is also another video of the second half.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
There are YouTube highlights of Nudgee's first game. The link for the first half is
There is also another video of the second half.
Watched the clip. Very scrambly game with poor passing from both sides. Some good line breaks from Nudgee. Number 1 for Nudgee was obviously on the field to make up numbers. No where near the ball except towards end where he made a failed clean out attempt. I gather Maafi didnt make the tour.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah I agree with you willreason. It's more like a trial game for some newbys as the second game had more of the regulars from reports.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Watched the clip. Very scrambly game with poor passing from both sides. Some good line breaks from Nudgee. Number 1 for Nudgee was obviously on the field to make up numbers. No where near the ball except towards end where he made a failed clean out attempt. I gather Maafi didnt make the tour.

I'm 80% sure I've seen pictures of Mafi on the plane leaving, maybe he was rested for the game

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well, Daniel Sitailei has left officially left Terrace after not showing up for a term (Family reasons? Not sure why exactly). Obviously a huge loss but hopefully the boys will be able to cope. If I had to have a go at a GT line up now I'd say:
1. Robbie Green
2. Kyle Leofa
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Sam Wilson
9. Angus Fowler
10. Alex Horan
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Nikau Tu-Repe
13. Kris Larosa
14. Connor Harvey/Isiah Grace/Jack Lodder
15. Hiale Slade-Roycroft (Heard he plays fullback?)

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
Well, Daniel Sitailei has left officially left Terrace after not showing up for a term (Family reasons? Not sure why exactly). Obviously a huge loss but hopefully the boys will be able to cope. If I had to have a go at a GT line up now I'd say:
1. Robbie Green
2. Kyle Leofa
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Sam Wilson
9. Angus Fowler
10. Alex Horan
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Nikau Tu-Repe
13. Kris Larosa
Hiale has never played union before and he's a secondrow/lock in league

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
1. Robbie Green
2. Kyle Leofa
3. Nat Kasch
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Sam Wilson
9. Angus Fowler
10. Alex Horan
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Nikau Tu-Repe
13. Kris Larosa

I spoke to a yr 11 Terrace father earlier today. While it does seem as though Sitanilei has left (after long absence) the boys in year 11 who are in contact with him believe he is a good chance of coming back.

Meanwhile, the Terrace team have big problems at Hooker and Flyhalf, with no depth in these positions and a lot of work to do to get potential candidates up to speed. Fowler was being groomed at Flyhalf for a while, but has been moved back to his usual position this week. I am told the current team that are training looks something like this:-

1. Robbie Green
2. Nat Kasch
3. Sam Wilson
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Kyle Leofa
9. Angus Fowler
10. Alex Horan
11. Joe Jenkins / Chris Cordaro
12. Kris Larosa
13. Jack Lodder
14. George Partridge
15. Nikau Tu-Repe

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Nudgee College have won their third pool game by 48-3. By the look of the other pools it appears they may play a Japanese school in the quarters and if they win, will most likely play the Kiwi school, Saint Kentigern College, in the semis. Has anyone heard of the pedigree of this Kiwi school?

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
What about a BBC team? We have heard they have imported a lot but it will be interesting to see what the team ends up being. Will it be something like:
1. Benroy Sala
2. Brad Saunders
3 ?
4. Darcy Swain (new kid, qld u15)
5. ?
6. Ben Gunter (new kid, nsw u15)
7. Luke Peterson
8. Bronson Takipulu
9. ?
10. Josh Bowen
11. Jack Morrison
12. Nathan Russell
13. Conrad Quick
14. Noel Mclean
15. Tiaan Wilkins (new kid)

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
I have just googled this school and they appear to the premier rugby school in NZ, at least in Auckland. If anyone is interested go to the blog http://blog.skysport.co.nz/collegerugby/the-2012-season-in-review/#more-18532 which has a thorough overview of the Nz school rugby last year. The interesting point I gained from this was Sky Sports televised 34 games of school rugby and 12,000 spectators attended the 1A Auckland championship final at Eden Park which St Kents won. I think someone previously commented what a great spectacle last years game, Grammar v Nudgee would have been on TV. You just need some mad Kiwi's involved in TV land in Oz to make this happen.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The St Kents team won the NZ top 4 School championship last year (in the open division - coed or Boys only ).

The year before they won the top 4 School competition in the Coed schools division (and maybe the year before that)

They will be a tough nut to crack.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
I spoke to a yr 11 Terrace father earlier today. While it does seem as though Sitanilei has left (after long absence) the boys in year 11 who are in contact with him believe he is a good chance of coming back.

Meanwhile, the Terrace team have big problems at Hooker and Flyhalf, with no depth in these positions and a lot of work to do to get potential candidates up to speed. Fowler was being groomed at Flyhalf for a while, but has been moved back to his usual position this week. I am told the current team that are training looks something like this:-

1. Robbie Green
2. Nat Kasch
3. Sam Wilson
4. Ben Laxon
5. Dom Sester
6. Connor Moroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Kyle Leofa
9. Angus Fowler
10. Alex Horan
11. Joe Jenkins / Chris Cordaro
12. Kris Larosa
13. Jack Lodder
14. George Partridge
15. Nikau Tu-Repe

Not to mention no genuine second rows. Although laxon played last year and did fairly well, he is not a threat in the lineout. losing french last year, they have been unable to find anyone to match him in lineout ability. Plus i believe that lodder will be put to wing for Partidge (liability in defence) and Hiale Slade-Roycraft will come into the centres (heard Gibb talking about him playing outside). im praying Sitanilei comes back he was the biggest threat GT had on offer last year and probably would have been this year. still the team is looking alright aslong as the right selections take place. looking forward to the season. Red Black Red

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd love to hear how Terrace plans to deal with this situation. Is he there for an education in which case he can quit rugby and stay on at the school, or is he just a rugby commodity?

I assume the lad in question is in a set of pretty extreme circumstances, otherwise how can a bloke just not turn up to school for a whole term. Especially at a school like Gregory Terrace that calls your parents if you're 15 minutes late to school and asks for a please explain?

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Bowen at 10 and Russel at 12 will do BBC wonders this year if Sala, Mclean et al stay fit.

Morrison finished last year (did well academically and not repeating).

Interesting to see Nudgee competing in Japan - perhaps the turnament rugby will give them great experience for the do or die gauntlet that is GPS rugby. But will it lead to burn out come September?

Can anyone comment on Tiaan Wilkins?

It looks as if this years winner is again up in the air, does anyone want to have a bite and predict who will take it out?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Taking on the top Schoolboy team from NZ last year with probably a few boys backing up this year will be a tough ask for Nudgee on Saturday.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Guys, as we are approaching a new season I will give this warning again:

No discussion of off-field stuff- drugs, social life etc. Any posts mentioning this will be deleted.

No slandering of school kids, or other posters. Any posts mentioning this will be deleted.

If you break either of these rules you will be banned instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.