• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
The boys at terrace and I would think most schools have recieved there info booklets which have the team, from what i remember GPS 1 is:

1. Guttenbeil - TSS
2. Mafi - NC
3. Clifton - TSS
4. Upfield - TSS
5. NC. Forget name
6. Morrey - BGS
7. Papworth - TSS
8. Jones - NC
9. Fines - TSS
10. Third - TSS
11. Marsden - BGS
12. Wathen - TGS
13. Hayes - IGS
14. Nathan - TSS
15. Todd - IGS

7 TSS boys in that line up is quite astounding, will be interesting to see how many they get when you add in the boys from GPS 2/3
Also no BBC/BSHS/GT/ACGS boys in the line up at all.

Reactions: mbw

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watching the GPS trials last Saturday I realised I was at a distinct disadvantage. I did NOT know the names of the players. I was not aware of who was a "big name" and who was a "no name" therefore I did not know which players I was supposed to be watching and which players were there to make up the numbers. I saw some extremely good performances from most players, some who I thought certainly deserved selection based on their performance but who were overlooked as apparrently they fell into the "no name" category. It seems that, according to most of the posts that I have read on this forum, all the "big names" gained selection as expected. If the previous post is any indication, and the team posted is correct, then one can expect TSS to cruise through the season with very little opposition.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
BSH v BBC: eight tries to zip to College.
State High with some work to do, looked gone for all money 10 mins in and three tries down. High did OK when they got some ball but College defense strong. High rallied to compete but too little to late.
College has genuine strike power in the backs- still a bit rusty. BBC forwards won the scrum, with a number of tight-head wins and won the battle at the breakdown.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
BSHS seem to be caught off guard by the intensity of BBC in the first half allowing BBC to run through quite a few gaps in their defence for some easy tries. However, to their credit BSHS lifted their intensity and were much more competetive in a somewhat "fiery" second half that saw only one try scored, injuries on both sides and a yellow and red card issued.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Results from this weekends trials? Apparently grammar had a win against downlands

BGS Firsts v Downlands as per program June 8

1.Lakehm Aiono
2.Michael Murray
3.Stuart Mcreight
4.Zach Laud
5.Dalton Cox
6.Jay Nyssen
7.Patrick Morrey
8.Trey Kemp
9.Angus Yuile
10.Fergus Halliday
11.Tom Sly
12.Lachi Lanskey
13.Eddie McCorley
14.Matt Forsyth
15.Matt Marsden

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Nudgee also went up the range to play TGS, but I am uncertain if they played a full strength team (still only trials).

Heard the BGS v Downlands game was a bit fiery but scrappy at the same time. BGS got up easily. Aino may be out for next month or so ( rep football ) with hamstring tear.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
P6080266 (Large).JPG

P6080270 (Large).JPG

P6080277 (Large).JPG

P6080297 (Large).JPG

P6080304 (Large).JPG

P6080311 (Large).JPG

P6080317 (Large).JPG

Downlands v BGS June 8

Mitchell

Stan Wickham (3)
Watching the GPS trials last Saturday I realised I was at a distinct disadvantage. I did NOT know the names of the players. I was not aware of who was a "big name" and who was a "no name" therefore I did not know which players I was supposed to be watching and which players were there to make up the numbers. I saw some extremely good performances from most players, some who I thought certainly deserved selection based on their performance but who were overlooked as apparrently they fell into the "no name" category. It seems that, according to most of the posts that I have read on this forum, all the "big names" gained selection as expected. If the previous post is any indication, and the team posted is correct, then one can expect TSS to cruise through the season with very little opposition.

As I understand BSHS were Missing one or two of their players? I think Iseofa was one?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Nudgee also went up the range to play TGS, but I am uncertain if they played a full strength team (still only trials).

Heard the BGS v Downlands game was a bit fiery but scrappy at the same time. BGS got up easily. Aino may be out for next month or so ( rep football ) with hamstring tear.

June 15 Nudgee v Downlands trial game (Sandgate Rd.)

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Morrey's and Aiono's form in the GPS trials was very good. I can see them getting QLD 1 spots. Cox is another shot at QLD schoolboys.
If what the above poster said about aino being injured is true, it would be hard for him to make qld 1 considering GPS trials are in the next month if I'm correct

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)

Anyone have reports for the other trial games? What was the NC TGS score? How did GT go against Churchie?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Anyone have reports for the other trial games? What was the NC TGS score? How did GT go against Churchie?
GT lost to ACGS but I hear GT played without Laxon, Horan, Leofa, Horan and one or 2 others. Apparently Perese from ACGS was a huge threat when he came on

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT lost to ACGS but I hear GT played without Laxon, Horan, Leofa, Horan and one or 2 others. Apparently Perese from ACGS was a huge threat when he came on

You mentioned Horan twice but as I understand terrace were trailing Dalgliesh at 9 and Fowler at 10. Fowler didn't play too well at 10 but Dalgliesh was giving some brilliant ball to both Fowler and his forward runners I would be disappointed if he gets dropped after that performance. That wing said Horan had an outstanding game in the 16 A's. tough decisions ahead for coach Gibb. Also no McNamee, no Hiale. Terrace backline looked better than churchies that being said Nigel didn't play. Terrace couldn't compete against a churchie pack missing their star Digger Macmillan. It will be interesting to see if, with a healthy forward pack, what schools will Terrace be able to match upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.