• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ProneBone613

IGS First XV Possibility

1. Sham Vui (Queensland U15's) Johann (Queensland U15"s)
2. Johann (Queensland U15"s) Daniel (IGS 16's)
3. Will Russell (IGS 16 A's),Josvyn (Met West U15"s)
4. Sonny (Unable to play due to injury)
5. Undecided
6. Brayden (Met West U15's), Daniel (IGS 16 A's)
7. Jaden Schultz (Met West U15"s)
8. Jamason Schultz (Queensland U16's)
9. Sam Kelly (BJRU U15's)
10. Sean Adcock (IGS First XV 2012)
11. undecided
12. Ethan (IGS U15 A's)
13. undecided
14. Tarlon (IGS U16 A's)
15. James (IGS 1st Xv 2012)

The 30 man squad has already been picked so i hear not including new students next year, but 2 or 3 of these kids didn't even make the cut? You have missed out some exceptional players and this prediction is impossible. I believe it was Aaron Adcock not Sean?

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 30 man squad has already been picked so i hear not including new students next year, but 2 or 3 of these kids didn't even make the cut? You have missed out some exceptional players and this prediction is impossible. I believe it was Aaron Adcock not Sean?
Could you post the 30 man squad?

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
The name of import coming in at 13 is Nikau Tarukino-Terupe. Played Brisbane South U17 this year while in U16. Real tall bloke, can run like the wind and has a pretty decent boot on him. Can also play fullback.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
The name of import coming in at 13 is Nikau Tarukino-Terupe. Played Brisbane South U17 this year while in U16. Real tall bloke, can run like the wind and has a pretty decent boot on him. Can also play fullback.
He sounds like a good addition to the back line and could provide that offensive spark to a defense
orientated back line.

Have you heard anything on the 10?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Terrace have a serious problem with the number 2 jersey Wilson and Kasch have no experience playing the position, Stanley wasn't in great shape in 2012 he was slow to the breakdowns and would struggle with the longer halfs, and Howard spent the whole season waiting outside the number 10 and rarely doing any grunt work in the rucks. Ed Duckworth would also be in contention for the hooker spot he has a good work rate but is too small if he can put on some decent size in the off-season i would say he will get the gig.

I would say that George Partridge is also a chance of playing 14/15 he has more pace than Lodder and knows what is required of a fullback but has been struggling with injurys for a while now. If he is has an injury free preseason i believe he will get the 15 jersey.

I have heard rumors about a 10 coming but nothing on the 13. Are you sure that Terrace are going to bring in more players?

Agree with you kickbackkid on the hooker position. The possibility I have heard to get the strongest forward combination is that Toby McNamee moves back to the Hooker position where he had played all his schoolboy rugby and his rep rugby up until this year.

And bring in Lach Howard who is the regular no. 7 in this age group. I ran into some parents of boys from Terrace in this age group a couple of weeks ago and the unexpected win for the 16A’s against the previously undefeated TSS came up. They were saying Howard’s defence and pilfering turned over a lot of ball that created the scoring opportunities and frustrated the TSS attack many times. He was out with an injury for most of the season and only played the last three or four games this year. Even with those few games they said he made a big difference and still received the Best Forward award for the year ahead of some of the guys reserving for the First XV. He had played Rep rugby in the QJRU Champs most years and was in the last Junior Reds programme. Also has speed to burn, making the track relay teams ahead of most of the backline in past years.

George Partridge was also a key figure in the backline in this age group. Getting faster and stronger every year and building confidence. This year he was also out for most of the season with an injury only coming back through the grades over the last half of the season and was also a major contributor in that TSS win with a great 50m solo try. But as mentioned, injuries have been a curse for him over the years. If he keeps the injuries away, he could be a surprise packet.

The other player that has not been mentioned is a Lucca Winton (I believe is his name). With a background in Aussie Rules, he only just played his first season of rugby in the wing position and the reports were that he had one of the biggest punt kicks that people have seen for a long time.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)

Sounds like a good pick we will see how he goes. There is another 10 coming too have heard his name but wouldnt remember unless i heard it.

I am surprised nobody has picked up on the problem in the terrace team.. THE LINEOUT THEY WILL DEFINITELY MISS FRENCH NEXT YEAR some big doggies running around but not jumpers McNamee has some experience but i think he will end up being the thrower as he was on a few occasions this year

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
After some quick research i think the new 10 coming in is Vavia Moeara

On the subject of Lachlan Howard i have heard he is a good player but Connor Moroney i think will get the spot over him if they decide to put Toby as hooker.

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
My GT Predict.
1. Jacob Stanley (Met North U15)
2. Tom Mellor (if he is repeating)
3. Robert Green (QLD U16's Red)
4. Ben Laxon (QLD U16's White)
5. Undecided
6. Kyle Leofa (Queensland U15)
7. Tom Mcnamee (Queensland U16 Red)
8. Daniel Sitaneli (Queensland U16 Red)
9. Angus Fowler (GT 1st Xv)
10. Alex Horan (Met North U15)
11. Jack Lodder (Met North U15)
12. Kris Larosa (I heard he is a good defender)
13. Jack Heenan
14. Not sure
15.Not sure

Heard that Chris Afamasaga (QLD U15) could be at GT next year. Good defender and has the skills for an inside back but has played more on the wing at rep level.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard that Chris Afamasaga (QLD U15) could be at GT next year. Good defender and has the skills for an inside back but has played more on the wing at rep level.
I heard that there trying to get a couple players from the brisbane green u15 rep team (premiers) Like the number 6 the wing and the inside centre

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alright I will have a crack at this Terrace team I will include the boys who have been mentioned above that are yet to start at terrace.

1. Nat Kasch/ Sam Wilson
2. Kyle Leofa (heard rumors that the coach has plans for him as hooker)
3. Robert Green
4. Dom Sester
5. Ben Laxon
6. Connor Maroney
7. Toby McNamee
8. Daniel Sitanilei
9. Angus Fowler
10. Vavai Moeara
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Nikau Tarukino-Terupe
14. Connor Harvey
15. George Partridge/ Jack Lodder

It is a better team than last year but as mention previously they will miss having Issac French come line out time

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
9. Angus Fowler
10. Vavai Moeara
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Nikau Tarukino-Terupe
14. Connor Harvey
15. George Partridge/ Jack Lodder

If they decide to get this kid in next year what is everyones thought of this backline

9. Angus Fowler
10. Vavia Moeara
11. Joe Jenkins
12. Kris Larosa
13. Connor Harvey/Nikau Tarukino-Terupe
14. Chris Afamasaga
15. Nikau Tarukino-Terupe/Connor Harvey

carva

Bob McCowan (2)
I know that Angus Scott young, Harry Nucifora and Jeremy Gimpel will make the first next year.
Harry and Angus making the QLD U15's and Jeremy being the Met East player of the tournament.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Who has an ACGS and BGS team?
No team just some names being thrown round.

Ferg Halliday (Qld Red), Zac Laud, Trey Kemp (Qld White), Dalton Cox (Qld Red), Matt Marsden(Qld White) and Dan Forsyth (Qld White). Possibility of Ferg Baker (played 2nd XV as he was a year older) playing plus people like Stewart McReight(Qld White), Tom Spencer and Jay Nyssan. Also some good depth from younger grades with next year Grade 11's, people like Eddie McCorley and Harry Egan have been doing stuff with the coach Damon Emtage.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
My GT Predict.
1. Jacob Stanley (Met North U15)
2. Tom Mellor (if he is repeating)
3. Robert Green (QLD U16's Red)
4. Ben Laxon (QLD U16's White)
5. Undecided
6. Kyle Leofa (Queensland U15)
7. Tom Mcnamee (Queensland U16 Red)
8. Daniel Sitaneli (Queensland U16 Red)
9. Angus Fowler (GT 1st Xv)
10. Alex Horan (Met North U15)
11. Jack Lodder (Met North U15)
12. Kris Larosa (I heard he is a good defender)
13. Jack Heenan
14. Not sure
15.Not sure

Lodder is quick and elusive however missed most of the 2012 season with concusion after being knocked out two or three times. Doubt he will last much longer.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
1. Josh Evans
2. Jake Lyon
3. Sam Clifton
4. Jake Upfield
5. Luke Papworth
6. Joel Brown
7. Dylan Paraka
8. Evander Guttenbiel
9. PJ Van den Berg
10. Mitch Third
11. Benji Neal
12. Nili Fielea
13. Fred Dorrough
14. Isaac Nathan
15. Ed Gibson
Josh Evans plying his trade at Keebra Park.

FootyHead29

Stan Wickham (3)
TSS 2013 from an Old Boys Prospective.

1sts/2nds. First name is 1sts and the second is 2nds

1. Brad Undi/Brandon Kay
2. Jake Lyon/Tom Kleise
3. Sam Clifton/???
4. Tom Perkins/Nathan Lyons
5. Jake Upfield/Lucas Stonhill
6. Joel Brown/Dylan Paraka
7. Luke Papworth/Pj Van Den Berg
8. Evander Guttenbeil/???