• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A snout has whispered that a couple of the 2012 NSW Schools U16 boys may have crossed the border for 2013 schooling. Nudgee and TSS have been mentioned.

If the snout is accurate, then QLD gain will be a significant loss for NSW. The boys in question are skilled athletes and great young men.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Have Ipswich picked up any new players since last year? losing Aaron Pleash as the only schoolboy rep player is a big loss, and they dont really have any proper strike weapons this year except for, and I shudder to say it, but the Fa'anana character (8). Discipline problems, fitness problems, and the only player with a game breaking ability I believe. Not a good look for next season. I'd love to hear your reasoning..

And before the forum jumps on me that Ipswich was Grammar's only defeat last year, the game came down to a 5 metre scrum to grammar which was botched somewhere in between 9 and 10 which resulted in a knock on at 12. a split second between victory and defeat there..
a player to watch in IGS this year will be Tarlon Fynn. Can play as a flanker or in the backs. he played a couple of games in the firsts last year, but will definately have an impact this year.

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
Can anyone confirm that Mack Mason, Harley Fox and Lindsey Collins are at churchie?
If so they have recruited well. All great players but even better, great kids.

C

Carlos Henendez

Rory O'shea will be hard to beat this year as he is playing wing next week and we will see how he spares against players such as Ioane and Kozlov.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
If Lakehm has repeated do you think he will play prop, number 8 or inside centre? Grammar have also picked up a couple of new guys who I have seen walking around school. Both QLD rugby league representatives, one is a loose forward and the other and outside back. Not sure on there names. The Year 12s also have 6 guys who played QLD U16s last year- Fergus Halliday, Dalton Cox, Trey Kemp, Dan Forsyth, Stuart McReight and Matt Marsden, as well as guys like Pat Morrey and Zac Laud who played key roles in last years premiership. I wouldn't write off Grammar yet, I mean last year they were predicted to come 5th or 6th.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think the Lakehm repeating thing is a troll...if he is then BGS's chances are looking good for a podium finish IMO.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
A snout has whispered that a couple of the 2012 NSW Schools U16 boys may have crossed the border for 2013 schooling. Nudgee and TSS have been mentioned.

If the snout is accurate, then QLD gain will be a significant loss for NSW. The boys in question are skilled athletes and great young men.
And what an asset they both will be. The fullback especially at TSS.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Ok I will have a crack at the Churchie team for 2013. Still a lot of positions that could move and a few missing. Sorry if I spell a name or two wrong.
Obviously not based on current form, but who has moved to the school, returning from last year and those from the 16A's & 15A's.

1 Brosasco
2 Warriner
3 Bailey
4 Gimple
5 Acworth
6 Fox
7 MacMillan
8 Scott Young
9 Nucifora
10 Mason
11 ?
12 Tanuvasa
13 Schafer
14 ?
15 ?

Is Scott Young bigger than Fox?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
If Lakehm has repeated do you think he will play prop, number 8 or inside centre? Grammar have also picked up a couple of new guys who I have seen walking around school. Both QLD rugby league representatives, one is a loose forward and the other and outside back. Not sure on there names. The Year 12s also have 6 guys who played QLD U16s last year- Fergus Halliday, Dalton Cox, Trey Kemp, Dan Forsyth, Stuart McReight and Matt Marsden, as well as guys like Pat Morrey and Zac Laud who played key roles in last years premiership. I wouldn't write off Grammar yet, I mean last year they were predicted to come 5th or 6th.

Honestly whats the point of that speculation? you could make the same case for any star player from any other school.

"If jack tuttle repeated, would he play 12 again?"
"If jonah placid repeated, would he play TGS into a podium spot"
"If junior fakosilea played at BBC/any other GPS school with money would he make as big an impact as last year before (I believe?) his season ending injury before the BGS game?" and
"If cornelson/greene/birch/lakehm/fatseas/blackhurst/anderson/muller/gilbert/burke/wenck/radford/starr-thomas/any other senior from the 2012 class repeated would they play their original position?"

We could talk all day in if and buts, but whats the point really? just a waste of time.

And say all you like about grammar's grade 11 players from last year, the fact is that having props, wingers and flankers repeating will not and can not replace playmakers like Greene, Birch, and Cornelson. Those guys could make magic happen, as you can tell by the several lucky escapes we had against pretty much everybody.

I admire your optisimism, and im sorry to burst your bubble, but its ultimately plain and simple naievity.

Sorry for being harsh, im in a grumpy mood and useless optimism is irritating me at the moment

FootyHead29

Stan Wickham (3)

The snout is correct, Joey Fittock ( NSW u16s outside) has arrived at TSS and Franky Calugay (NSW u16s inside) has arrived at Nudgee.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
My predictions of 2013 BSHS team.

1. Zafar Huda
2. Rory O'Shea
3. Made Mclean
4. Jade Smith
5. Dalton Newell
6. Michael Papas
7. Sahan Jayawickrema
8. Scott Day
9. Daniel Caranese
10. Zoltan OgilyDoggily
11. Eamen O'Shea
12. Max
13. Kyle Leofa (does he still go to State high?)
14. Wayne Best
15. John Appleby

Coach: Big Richo (Richard Dyer)
Kyle Leofa is at Terrace-I think there are some big names missing from that line up....

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ok I will have a crack at the Churchie team for 2013. Still a lot of positions that could move and a few missing. Sorry if I spell a name or two wrong.
Obviously not based on current form, but who has moved to the school, returning from last year and those from the 16A's & 15A's.

1 Brosasco
2 Warriner
3 Bailey
4 Gimple
5 Acworth
6 Fox
7 MacMillan
8 Scott Young
9 Nucifora
10 Mason
11 ?
12 Tanuvasa
13 Schafer
14 ?
15 ?
I don't know a great deal about churchie but I think if churchie uses someone like Acworth as a second row they need better jumpers in the back row so my suggestion would be to play Scott-Young at loosehead put fox at 8 and play Sutching at 6

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
does anyone wanna have a crack at a gps 1 team?
I would give it a crack but I can't follow who is repeating and who has left. Can I get confirmation on lakehm (BGS) Placid (TGS) Third and Fielea (TSS) and any other significant player in 2012 coming back for the 2013 season.
also what is the name of that quick toowoomba kid who was playing fullback in the 16 A's

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
does anyone wanna have a crack at a gps 1 team?

Prediction GPS 1:
1. Lakehm Aiono (BGS)
2. Alex Mafi (NC)
3. Harley Fox (ACGS)/Paulo Leleisiuao (NC)
4. Dalton Cox (BGS)
5. Maclean Jones (NC)
6. Jayden Rodwell (NC)/Digger MacMillan (ACGS)
7. Luke Papworth (TSS)/Toby McNamee (GT)
8. Daniel Sitanilea (GT)/Jamason Shultz (IGS)
9. James Tuttle (NC)
10. Mitch Third (TSS)
11. Matt Marsden (BGS)/Tyrone Hussey (NC)
12. Nigel Tanuvasa (ACGS)
13. Conrad Quick (BBC)
14. Nili Fielea (TSS)
15. Isaac Nathan (TSS)

Lakehm's best chance of making rep teams would be as a prop considering how strong the other centres in the competitions are. Not too sure about Harley Fox but I know he made QLD Red last year as reserve THP, even though he will be playing in the backrow for Churchie. Maclean Jones isn't a second-rower, but their isn't much depth in the GPS in that position. The backrow is extremely competitve with a lot of competition for GPS 1 spots. The backline looks really strong though.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Also heard the other day that BBC have replaced Junior with another huge backrower from Country NSW. Played NSW U15s last year so should no doubt make a solid contribution to BBCs title hopes.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Prediction GPS 1:
1. Lakehm Aiono (BGS)
2. Alex Mafi (NC)
3. Harley Fox (ACGS)/Paulo Leleisiuao (NC)
4. Dalton Cox (BGS)
5. Maclean Jones (NC)
6. Jayden Rodwell (NC)/Digger MacMillan (ACGS)
7. Luke Papworth (TSS)/Toby McNamee (GT)
8. Daniel Sitanilea (GT)/Jamason Shultz (IGS)
9. James Tuttle (NC)
10. Mitch Third (TSS)
11. Matt Marsden (BGS)/Tyrone Hussey (NC)
12. Nigel Tanuvasa (ACGS)
13. Conrad Quick (BBC)
14. Nili Fielea (TSS)
15. Isaac Nathan (TSS)

Lakehm's best chance of making rep teams would be as a prop considering how strong the other centres in the competitions are. Not too sure about Harley Fox but I know he made QLD Red last year as reserve THP, even though he will be playing in the backrow for Churchie. Maclean Jones isn't a second-rower, but their isn't much depth in the GPS in that position. The backrow is extremely competitve with a lot of competition for GPS 1 spots. The backline looks really strong though.

Why would you put Papworth at 7? no experience and is either a 6, an 8 or second rower. And Digger is a 7. Also I've heard nothing but good things about this Mack Mason who I'm pretty sure played QLD Red 2011 so I'd consider him for 10 over Thirdd. Lakehm has little/no experience in the front row. Not sure if you could put him in GPS 1 without any skill in the scrum. But apart from my opinions/changes I agree with everyone else

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Why would you put Papworth at 7? no experience and is either a 6, an 8 or second rower. And Digger is a 7. Also I've heard nothing but good things about this Mack Mason who I'm pretty sure played QLD Red 2011 so I'd consider him for 10 over Thirdd. Lakehm has little/no experience in the front row. Not sure if you could put him in GPS 1 without any skill in the scrum. But apart from my opinions/changes I agree with everyone else

I thought Papworth was a hooker? or at least thats where i think i remember seeing him named.

I think the Marsden/Hussey battle will be a good one this year in GPS selections, and is there any confirmation about Third and Fielea repeating this year? I agree with the call about Mack Mason, if he's as good as people say then he should start over Third who had a limited game against BGS last year (I believe he was recovering from a serious facial injury when they played).

And please, dont let grammar trolls like Tubba God, Tubba Junior, Little Tubba or anything remotely related with Tubba tell you any differently, Lakehm Aiono is not repeating. I saw on facebook two days ago that he's working full time at some ice factory in mount gravatt whilst pursuing his rugby league, and not enjoying it. Not going to lie, in this heat I'm more than a bit jealous of an ice factory gig.

I just had an opportunity to play a game of touch with some new students in grade 11, it was a fun game but it was very skillful. These new players, if they play at all, do not look too bad at all

Status
Not open for further replies.