• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Apparently, new kid at terrace, can anyone confirm this?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there some sought of GPS rule that if there is a new player brought in during term 2 then he will not be eligible to play for the XV?

More talk on underdogs IGS and TGS needed fellas, any news?

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saw the first 15min Auckland Grammar 24 - Sunnybank 0. Anyone know the final score?
Dont know the final score but it ended up many tries to 1. Auckland are a well drilled side and they hit the line at speed. Sunnybank were no match. Interesting to see how BSHS go on Saturday against them.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Very hard to have any idea how they will go against overseas opppostion. My only comment is that they have about 6 - 7 players from last years first XV, depth is always good at Nudgee and they are always well coached. Good luck to the boys going over, a trip of a life time for a rugby player.
Anyone have a comment on Nudgee's chances in Japan? The must be close to heading off if they aren't already on tour.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
i have just been told his name is Hiale Slade-Roycroft, a centre. Rob Green was also in the first XV last year.

I really hope this is legit, I'd be interested to see how he goes in union.

Does anyone know when the new student cut off applies? I heard that Churchie imported Richie Asiata (Queensland Red u/16) from Sunnybank but he isn't eligible to play. Seems an odd mistake to make if it's true.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Very hard to have any idea how they will go against overseas opppostion. My only comment is that they have about 6 - 7 players from last years first XV, depth is always good at Nudgee and they are always well coached. Good luck to the boys going over, a trip of a life time for a rugby player.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
I'd back NC to go very well at this tournament. The basic requirement is that a school be able to get themselves over there and Sanix look after the rest. This has caused some absolute dud Australian "rugby" schools to contest things in the past. The Kiwis will be a show too but I'd have to back NC as well coached and more than likely well resourced with players. The problem for NC will be recovering after the games in quick succession at this stage of the season.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched BSHS play Auckland Grammar yesterday. This was the first real test for the State High boys and unfortunately exposed weakness' in their game that seemed to have carried over from last year. They were extremely competetive for the first 10 minutes then seemed to gradually wilt after that. Their forwards lacked aggression and failed to break the opposition advantage line. They do not have a hooker nor a reliable full back. BSHS need to toughen up. They need some of their forwards to inflict pain on the opposition, not just take it. Their backs need to take a lesson from the Auckland boys and move that ball with speed through the backline. Unfortunately BSHS still have 1 or 2 players in the backs who seem very reluctant to let go of the ball. There is still a way to go yet before the season but BSHS are going to have to find a lot more aggression and a determination to win if they are going to have any impact on the competition.

Black234

Stan Wickham (3)
Watched BSHS play Auckland Grammar yesterday. This was the first real test for the State High boys and unfortunately exposed weakness' in their game that seemed to have carried over from last year. They were extremely competetive for the first 10 minutes then seemed to gradually wilt after that. Their forwards lacked aggression and failed to break the opposition advantage line. They do not have a hooker nor a reliable full back. BSHS need to toughen up. They need some of their forwards to inflict pain on the opposition, not just take it. Their backs need to take a lesson from the Auckland boys and move that ball with speed through the backline. Unfortunately BSHS still have 1 or 2 players in the backs who seem very reluctant to let go of the ball. There is still a way to go yet before the season but BSHS are going to have to find a lot more aggression and a determination to win if they are going to have any impact on the competition.

Do you know who the BSHS starting line up was?

Schools Rugby Tribune

Frank Nicholson (4)

Nudgee won its opening match by 31-7. There is a report on Day one at www.schoolstribune.com

Status
Not open for further replies.