• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Huge changes at ipswich grammar this year with multiple position swaps to suit the new coaches needs.
Lineup:

1: Carlin Anderson (1st xv last year)
2: Harry Parcell (15A's, Met West 15s)
3: Maranantha Raeli (QLD Rugby League, contracted with Cowboys)
4: Ethan Page (Contracted with Broncos)
5: Billy Jackwitz (16A's last year)
6: Glen Brown (16A's last year)
7: Connor Storck (Import NSW)
8: James Todd (1st xv last year)
9: Dallas Flannagan (Import NSW)
10: Matthew Adcock (15A's, Met West 15s)
11: Josvyn Sokimi (15A's, Met West 15s, QLD club 15's)
12: Johaan Koorts (15A's, Met East 15s, QLD club 15's)
13: Shambeckler Vui (15A's, Met West 15s, QLD club 15's)
14: Izaack Rodda (Import NSW)
15: Sonny Tasi (1st xv last year)

Notable changes are James Todd at 8 this year as IGS are looking for a good ball player at the back of the set piece, Shambeckler Vui at 13 as the new coach is looking for a strong running option in the centres and Matthew Adcock is making the transition into flyhalf following in the footsteps of his older brother who played last year at 10 for the first XV at ipswich. Jamason Shultz is also a noticable absence as he has suffered a season ending injury.

My prediction is a top 4 finish, a team to look out for this season!
Also a change for Johaan Koorts, pretty sure he used to play front row.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Huge changes at ipswich grammar this year with multiple position swaps to suit the new coaches needs.
Lineup:

Notable changes are James Todd at 8 this year as IGS are looking for a good ball player at the back of the set piece, Shambeckler Vui at 13 as the new coach is looking for a strong running option in the centres and Matthew Adcock is making the transition into flyhalf following in the footsteps of his older brother who played last year at 10 for the first XV at ipswich. Jamason Shultz is also a noticable absence as he has suffered a season ending injury.

Harry Parcell would have to be a contender for the GPS 1 team at hooker, quality player.

Theplayerhater

Bob McCowan (2)
Harry Parcell would have to be a contender for the GPS 1 team at hooker, quality player.
i believe that harry parcell isnt a consistent player if he were to be a contender for the GPS 1 team cause i hear that he was dominated by a under 15 team just recently on the weekend

Theplayerhater

Bob McCowan (2)
I believe that state high will have a great game against nudgee in the u15 year old age due to the countless talent in which this age group has. i hear that dean galanos is stepping up to the rank of being captain of the u15A for state high , recently came from Gregory terrace this young gun is to be BSHS next reds player.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe that state high will have a great game against nudgee in the u15 year old age due to the countless talent in which this age group has. i hear that dean galanos is stepping up to the rank of being captain of the u15A for state high , recently came from Gregory terrace this young gun is to be BSHS next reds player.
Heard he is the next Chris Sautia?

IPPY75

Frank Row (1)
Lineup:

You say new coach, have they brought someone in?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Here is my crack at some GPS Selections – Teams 1 and 2 are straight forward and Team 3 is a mixture of smokies and people who could surprise. I will also say I may have inadvertently overlooked a player or two, particularly those who may have repeated.
A couple of things around this. Who knows what the selectors are looking for? I for one do not know what game plans they will be building their teams around. Many of the spots are hotly contested, but I find the second rower stocks very weak. Some players are also out of their normal positions, as it was the only way I could fit some quality players in.
Some schools changing player’s positions for this season has also caused some difficulty. BGS has moved some of their better back into the forwards like Aiono (prop) and Kemp (flanker). GT have moved Leofa from a backrower to prop and those movements have muddied the waters a little.
The lack of true game time also makes it a little harder. As I understand it, all nine schools are going through selection trials on Saturday week. They have been split into three pools of three teams for the trial and will have only the two games against the other teams in their pool to assist selectors. I believe the pools are as follows:-
Pool 1 – BGS, TSS, BBC
Pool 2 – NC, ACGS, GT
Pool 3 – TGS, IGS, BSHS
The battle for the flyhalf position between Mitch Third and Mac Mason will be a highlight. It is a pity they will not be head to head in the trials. I am also not sure if Tuttle and Halliday will be contesting for their current position in their school team (flyhalf) or the position they have played rep football in the past (halfback). The backrower competition will also be a cracker in almost every game.

I have also put a list of "Reggies" for guys that I thought were unlucky to miss out. Some of these positions I could not fill with any certainty

And also a departure from previous years I have no u16 players from this year named in the three GPS sides. Leofa may have been a chance, but for reasons mentioned above, it will be difficult. Another standout from last year’s u15 State Champs, Maroney is not even in the current probable starting XV at his school.
GPS TEAM 1
1 Robert Green Gregory Terrace
2 Alex Mafi Nudgee College
3 Gavin Luka Nudgee College
4 Dalton Cox BGS
5 Maclean Jones Nudgee College
6 Dylan Paraka TSS
7 Toby McNamee Gregory Terrace
8 Jayden Rodwell Nudgee College
9 Eli Pilz Nudgee College
10 Mitch Third TSS
11 J. Schafer ACGS
12 Calvin Pritchard Nudgee College
13 Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS
14 Tyrone Hussey Nudgee College
15 Jonah Placid TGS

GPS TEAM 2
1 Stuart Mcreight BGS
2 Jacob Pennisi Nudgee College
3 Paulo Lelesisiuao Nudgee College
4 Ben Laxon Gregory Terrace
5 Jamason Schultz IGS
6 Joel Brown TSS
7 Luke Papworth TSS
8 Bronson Tauaklpulu BBC
9 Fergus Halliday BGS
10 Mac Mason ACGS
11 Josh Robinson TGS
12 Nathan Russell BBC
13 Liam Jurd TGS
14 Fred Dorrough TSS
15 Isaac Nathan TSS

GPS TEAM 3
1 James McColl TGS
2 Josh Baravi BSHS
3 Harley Fox ACGS
4 Mitch O'Hara TGS
5 Zac Laud BGS
6 Jay Nyssan BGS
7 Digger MacMillan ACGS
8 Lakehm Aiono BGS
9 Petrus V. Den Berg TSS
10 James Tuttle Nudgee College
11 Dan Forsyth BGS
12 Harry Wathen TGS
13 Conrad Quick BBC
14 Matt Marsden BGS
15 Izaiah Perese ACGS

Reserves

1 Brodie Brosasco ACGS
3 Benroy Sala BBC
7 Trey Kemp BGS
9 Darcy Maroske TGS
12 Kris Larosa Gregoy Terrace
13 Nikau Tarukino-Terupe Gregory Terrace
14 Antoine Pereira BSHS

Depending on form during selections I believe any of the GPS players named could step up into one of the two QLD Schoolboy teams. Particularly with the migration of a larger than normal number of boys into the GPS system this year, I believe that GPS players will make up around 80% to 85% of the two Qld Schoolboys teams selected. Of the few players from outside the GPS, Wilkin, Devine and Hicks may get a look in. But I do not know their current form and that is only based on past reputation.
Also when tallying up the representative numbers (below) from the three teams by school, it really looks like the probable order of the GPS Premiership table at the end

School Reps
Nudgee College 10
BGS 8
TSS 7
ACGS 6
TGS 6
Gregory Terrace 3
BBC 3
IGS 1
BSHS But 1
Jonah Placid finished school last year.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
In my opinion:
GPS 1
1. Lakehm Aiono- BGS
2. Alex Mafi- Nudgee
3. Bronson Taukipulu- BBC
4. Dalton Cox- BGS
5. Maclean Jones- Nudgee
6. Jayden Rodwell- Nudgee
7. Toby McNamee- GT
8. Jamason Schultz- IGS
9. James Tuttle- Nudgee
10. Mitch Third- TSS
11. Matt Marsden- BGS
12. Nigel Tanuvasa- Churchie
13. Conrad Quick- BBC
14. Nili Fielia- TSS
15. Josh Bowen- BBC

GPS 2
1. Robert Green- GT
2. Jake Pennisi- Nudgee
3. Benroy Sala- BBC
4. Ben Laxon- GT
5. Luke Peterson- BBC
6. Luke Papworth- TSS
7. Digger Macmillan- Churchie
8. Harley Fox- Churchie
9. Fergus Halliday- BGS
10. Mack Mason- Churchie
11. Jaidon Schafer- Churchie
12. Frank Calugay- Nudgee
13. Landon Hayes- IGS (repeat)
14. Tyrone Hussey- Nudgee
15. Isaac Nathan- TSS

GPS 3
1. Gavin Luka- Nudgee
3. Stuart McReight- BGS
4. Zac Laud- BGS
6. Joel Brown- TSS
7. Patrick Morrey- BGS
9. Eli Pilz- Nudgee
10. Nathan Russel- BBC
11. Liam Jurd- TGS
12. Calvin Pritchard- Nudgee
13. Izaia Perese- Churchie
14. Josh Robinson- TGS
15. Antoine Iosefo- BSHS

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Looks very possible. Although BBC want to play Bowen at flyhalf if the boy on contract with Melbourne. Storm works out at fullback. Uncle Matt also wants Bowen at flyhalf.

Johnny Blaze

Herbert Moran (7)
Lineup:

QLD U15 front row in the backline?
QLD league second rower at tight head?
Only works in U12's.

Status
Not open for further replies.