• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Guys, the preceding few posts have absolutely no business in this thread. When will you get the message that it will not be tolerated?

Vegas and Digby you guys may be relatively new to this forum but there is a protocol we follow and I find it quite disturbing that you blatantly disregarded the rules. The fact that all your evidence is hearsay and that you are picking out individual players does not add any quality to the thread whatsoever. Take it elsewhere and find some factual evidence - it was not so long ago that these threads were clogged with similar BS that nearly resulted in the end of schoolboy forums.

As for TheKing (and to a lesser extent Knockers), you guys have been around here long enough to know better. I hate to be the fun police but I know you guys have more substantial contributions than the last few posts. Don't drag yourselves into this mess cause it will just end in cards.

Lighten up Light - apologies for offending if my response to a post in this thread ( or "blatant disregard of the rules " ) about a player and team and situation that will impact week in and week out on the field offended you. Everyone's sensitivity reflects how stupid all of this has become. Its unfortunately part of the game now, and needs to be discussed contextually rather than theoretically in the other thread.
I did take it elsewhere if you read the other threads, and the evidence you seek is on the fields every weekend. I will concede and take it elsewhere, and this thread can continue to ignore the influence this programme is having on the field.
I will let you guys talk about the games - you obviously know what you're talking about.
No worries King _ will do - I will take the battle up elsewhere. [Excellent - LG]
And for relevance for this thread - BSGS by 9, Churchie by 7, GT by 7 and a close tussle at Southport - TSS haven't been tested and haven't looked as good as everyone is saying

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
It's hotting up on here and that can only mean one thing.

This round is the real deal. It will decide who are the contenders and who are the pretenders. The shame of it it all is we can only see one game in this round, not all of them.

TSS V NC
The Nudge will either loose it completely or bounce back and swarm all over TSS until they get a suffocating victory. It's the only way they can win. But the Coast lads will be too fast and too good for that. TSS will be the real contender after this round and Nudgee will be playing just to stay in the top half of the table for the rest of the season. (I hope I am wrong though!)

IGS V BSHS
BSHS will prove they are a formidable team this week. They won't emerge a contender after this, but they will win.

TGS V GT
I've got a feeling that GT will use this game as a springboard to become the serial pest of this competition. A win will see GT get the confidence to make life difficult for some contenders like BBC and ACGS in the coming weeks. TSS might be thanking them by the end of the season.

ACGS V BBC
You won't be able to hear yourself think from the crunching of Range Rover tyres on gravel over at East Brisbane on Saturday. If BBC show some ticker and real belief then they'll win. An ounce of self doubt and the RR drivers get home.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
My tips for the weekend

NC vs TSS. I think Southport comfortably. They are well rested and choc-a-block with talent. I kind of agree with previous posters that NC is a little spent already and I think the churchie touch up may really have really hurt their confidence. TSS by 15

IGS vs BSHS. Well I picked Ippy last week and they lost. They really, really gotta be hurting. I'm tipping them again. I think their desperation for a first win of the season will just get them an away win over BSHS by about 3 points.

TGS vs GT. A hard game to pick as not a lot has been written about them. Both coming off wins in the last round. I'm tipping GT just because of home ground advantage. GT by 8

BBC vs ACGS. IMO the match of the round though I may be a little bias. Not just for the 1st 15 but also to see how their programs match up throughout all the grades. Also Gilmore vs Barker should be an interesting tactical battle.
Anyhow in the 1sts. I think the BBC backs will actually match up pretty well against their ACGS counterparts. They have some skill and hitting power to match Churchies excellent combinations. A seemingly obvious statement but I think this will really be won in the forwards especially at the breakdown battle. My heart says BBC but my head says Churchie, at the death, in a high scoring game. Churchie by 2

You're pretty close there I think....except BSHS will win. BBC V ACGS is a flip of the coin

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I'm going against the majority of users and tipping NC against TSS this weekend. They will be hurting big time after the Churchie meltdown last weekend and will be ready to do the job.

I'm also going to tip 9 stupid posts about scholarships from people that don't understand they belong in the scholarships thread before kick off on Saturday, anyone else want to have me on for that one? Personally I think it's a little conservative

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ROUND 4 (10 / 08 / 13)

ACGS v BBC
The match to be at this round. The backs matchup is going to be very very intersting to watch. The destructive power of Mason, Tanuvasa and Perese is starting to become legend and facing up against Bowen, Russell, Wilkins and Quick, the game will be very close. The home crowd will boost Churchie's confidence and they will be fired up after a win at Ross Oval last week. ACGS by 3.

IGS v BSHS
The boys from the switch are going to be desperate for a win but State High are looking to really show the competition what they're made of after two close losses. The forwards for BSHS will be hungry for some ball on home turf and give them the win by 5.

GT v TGS
I don't much very much at all about TGS but what I do know is that Terrace will be greatful for not having to make a second trip out west. They'll want to make the most of it and punching a hole through TGS is the best way to do it. GT by 12.

TSS v NC
To be honest, I think TSS will all over this game coming off the bye. Nudgee will be shattered after the loss and will need to give it their all if they want to recover after such a shock blow to the system at home. TSS by 10.

Black Caviar

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry mate but this is the team that just beat one of the competition favourites at there homeground by 28 points, the Nucifora, Mason, Tanuvasa, Perese combination will overwhelm the College defence, and the defense of the Churchie center pairing as well as Ogilvie will frustrate Bowen into pushing passes etc. like he has in the past. ACGS vs TSS will be the match of the season.

Have you seen BBC's backline? They demolished TGS and the score should of been 36-0 in BBCs favour if they didnt make some silly errors. Actually silly errors have been there letdown this season. Not one time did TGS break their line. The team almost upset nudgee on their home ground. 2 seconds quicker and the pass would have gone to the winger and it would of been trytime 33-32 to BBC. That did not Happen and the end score was 39-28.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Looks like BGS, GT and BSHS will fight it out for that 5th spot

Elaborate?

Have you seen BBC's backline? They demolished TGS and the score should of been 36-0 in BBCs favour if they didnt make some silly errors. Actually silly errors have been there letdown this season. Not one time did TGS break their line. The team almost upset nudgee on their home ground. 2 seconds quicker and the pass would have gone to the winger and it would of been trytime 33-32 to BBC. That did not Happen and the end score was 39-28.

Yes, and these silly errors will be punished by a side like ACGS. TGS may have let them off the hook but the reality is that better teams won't allow such liberties and NC were good enough to shut down the BBC back line. Regardless of the closeness of the NC-BBC game, last week proved that the ACGS back line is a class above NC and the scoreline reflected that - silly errors will cost the match this time around

Based on reasonable logic you'd think ACGS will have BBC's measure. Most of us are smart enough to realise that GPS rugby works in strange and mysterious ways so whilst I understand what you are getting at I'd suggest your argument just lacks the structure to really make a point.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
ACGS vs BBC will be a game of the backs. Every back will have to step up in order to win the game, mistakes will be costly and penalties will be crucial. Forwards matched up and look very even. I am going to back BBC this round, taking it away by 3

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I'm also going to tip 9 stupid posts about scholarships from people that don't understand they belong in the scholarships thread before kick off on Saturday, anyone else want to have me on for that one? Personally I think it's a little conservative

I still think there needs to be a QLD scholarships thread, which would make the whole area cleaner and more likely for people to post in it - it's like there are two conversations going on concurrently in the one area.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)

BBChave not played that well since the TGS match.Barker keeps swapping the back line around and Bronson has been quiet. I actually do not think it will be that close- the BBC line out has been poor. Churchie by 15. Quick and Wilkins are also 50/50.and if they play will not be 100./..

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
BBChave not played that well since the TGS match.Barker keeps swapping the back line around and Bronson has been quiet. I actually do not think it will be that close- the BBC line out has been poor. Churchie by 15. Quick and Wilkins are also 50/50.and if they play will not be 100./..
The silly errors will continue be cause it is such a young team. With a minimum of 10 boys returning next year 2014 could be interesting for GWB

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
I still think there needs to be a QLD scholarships thread, which would make the whole area cleaner and more likely for people to post in it - it's like there are two conversations going on concurrently in the one area.

I agree Sabinator - would be a lot more relevant and contextual

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Elaborate?

Based on reasonable logic you'd think ACGS will have BBC's measure. Most of us are smart enough to realise that GPS rugby works in strange and mysterious ways so whilst I understand what you are getting at I'd suggest your argument just lacks the structure to really make a point.

Light - not sure who "most of us smart" people are, and for fear of blatantly disregarding your rules and not wanting to disturb you again, I thought ( in fact, "I'd suggest" ) that Black Caviar's point was clear and well structured and his logic quite reasonable .

In part, Nudgee were good enough to shut BBC at 10, but when it got outside 10, BBC made inroads, curtailed only by error and poor execution. There is a different, quicker 10 now, and execution, while still with plenty of room for improvement, was better against BSHS. I thought Bronson was very good against BSHS, and one or two off the ruck could keep the ACGS defence guessing, and once they guess, Bowen wont wait for them to guess again.

It could go either way, but I think ACGS will just get up as I don't think BBC have looked close to getting their execution nearly as tight as it will need to be.

There you go - and not one comment, for you to be quite disturbed by, about all the boys who will be running around the field Saturday who still aren't quite sure how the school warcry goes !!

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Righto punters and supporters it's Thursday. Time for some intel and some ins and outs.

ACGS - the new recruit that has caused so much hooha on here - will play against BBC.
BBC - wil play their strongest backline despite what some are saying
NC - Lutzy is back at OC
TSS - will be close to full strength. Possibly one missing

That's my mail.

Anything else from around the grounds?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Righto punters and supporters it's Thursday. Time for some intel and some ins and outs.

ACGS - the new recruit that has caused so much hooha on here - will play against BBC.
NC - Lutzy is back at OC

That's my mail.

If BBC play their strongest team (minor miracle at this point in any season) we may have a game on our hands.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)

NC - Lutzy is back at OC

That's my mail.

Who do you think will be missing from TSS lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.