• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolboyruggers

Bob McCowan (2)
There is something special about GT vs NC on Ross. Full grandstand, Old Boy reunions, plus the extended communities of both schools. Ross may have lost the fortress title but on Terrace day where else would you want to be, with Terrace on the rise every game is going to be competitive!!

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Tom Moreland returns to haunt me again after his 3rd XV antics last year. Whats the relevance of the 13E result ;) ?

Also still spewing about that loss to you blokes in Senior B last year that cost me a debating premiership. (I don't remember the conclusion?)

Meanwhile back to rugby, next week has some cracking fixtures including NC v GT, (GT sure to be talked up) BBC v BGS, but who are the other teams playing?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I thought that 5, 6 and 7 were all very good for terrace.

I think the 5 will end up playing blindside or number 8 in the future as he won't be tall enough to play lock after school, but a bloody good performance moving bodies and making metres on the fringes.

Horan looks like a young bernie larkam. Doing the simple things well and kicking your goals gets you team a long way at this level, and he did that superbly yesterday.

I haven't seen any of the other 7's in the competition play, but in all my years of watching Schoolboy rugby I dont think I've seen a more dominant performance at ruck time than terraces flanker yesterday. Will be pretty surprised if he doesnt kick on to higher honours.

Agree. If 12,13 And 7 for GT are not in Rep sides then something is wrong.At least Phillpotts was there to see it.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
BBC vs GT match report:

From the start GT looked to have dominated in the backs, not letting BBC out of their half for about the first 10 min. Fowards on the other half were matched up fairly evenly in most of the first half. BBC giving away a string of penalties and GT converted 1 to make it 3-0. 15 min in BBC second rower gets sin binned for repeat offences from the team (offside). GT then run in their first try making it 10-0. Apart from the late 10-15 min in the first half, it was fairly matched up with GT then running in 2 more tries to make it 17-5 at halftime. Second half GT came out much stronger than BBC running in 2 tries before BBC ran in their second to make it 29-15 (BBC 1 penalty conversion). GT starting to dominate mostly in fowards and backs. With the game coming to an end GT kept the intensity as BBC dropped theirs, several mistakes from BBC let GT run in 1 more and BBC came back to late to leave it 35-22, star winger Noel McClean defiantly making a difference scoring that one. BBC looked to lack go foward, missing Bronson was devastaing, also Tiaan in the backs let GT 13 run all day and defend easily against Quick.

Stand out performances, BBC #12 #21 and GT #7 #10 #5 and #1
Well done . Good accurate summary.GT at the breakdown were magnificent .

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Heard the 16a Nudgee team is going from strength to strength not sure what happened to them in round 1 against bgs, who have gone very ordinary since. Also rumour is that Nudgee actually won last week against TSS in the 16As ... Can anyone confirm this??? This comp looks fairly even compared to recent years... Some quality players in many teams... Some excellent coaches as well developing our next round of 1st XV players... The 15a teams look weaker than previous years also ... Thoughts on this??

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Wonder if the 14a terrace parents will be yelling as loud this weekend when they play Nudgee on Ross... Is it true Nudgee gave them a lesson in the trials earlier this year with a new look team... ??? What's happened to Nudgee 15a's ... They are very average this year... Didn't they win easy last year ?? Doesn't look like they have come on as players at all... I have watched the BBC 15a's the last couple of weeks and they are very good and the improvement in the team each week... as some good imports in recent weeks have made a huge difference.. Can see many of these players move straight to firsts next year...

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
BBC and NC to win every A game ... TGS to win firsts 16A 14a IPPY to win the other A games... TSS will only lose the 14A's and 13A's

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Heard the 16a Nudgee team is going from strength to strength not sure what happened to them in round 1 against bgs, who have gone very ordinary since. Also rumour is that Nudgee actually won last week against TSS in the 16As . Can anyone confirm this??? This comp looks fairly even compared to recent years. Some quality players in many teams. Some excellent coaches as well developing our next round of 1st XV players. The 15a teams look weaker than previous years also . Thoughts on this??

NC 25 d TSS 24
Penalty goal in last minute.
The GPS website has the wrong score.

NCGPSRUGBY2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Should be a good game this weekend on Ross oval. Although far from Nudgee's strongest team in history, they are still a class above Terrace. Yes Terrace have improved, however everyone was saying that about them last year to remember, and the boys in blue and white put fifty on them. It will definitely be closer then recent years, my tip is that Nudgee will blow them out of the water in the first 15 minutes, however the game will be even for the remainder. NC:33 GT:15.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
NC 25 d TSS 24
Penalty goal in last minute.
Thanks snake ... That opens up that comp.. Thought TSS were unbeatable from early round results ... Good effort from NC ... Especially down there... Who is coaching that side ?? Still that old Aussie schools coach from years back ...???

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Should be a good game this weekend on Ross oval. Although far from Nudgee's strongest team in history, they are still a class above Terrace. Yes Terrace have improved, however everyone was saying that about them last year to remember, and the boys in blue and white put fifty on them. It will definitely be closer then recent years, my tip is that Nudgee will blow them out of the water in the first 15 minutes, however the game will be even for the remainder. NC:33 GT:15.
GT did improve remarkably last year losing 3 games within 5points and almost beating TSS in the final round (pass to open player to score 5m out was intercepted on full time) The NC game was also very close until half time and Jack Heenans injury. If I recall no more than a 10 point lead at half time but then after the break NC blew them away. Also beating BBC
I think these results may suggest an improvement from losing every game by 50+ the previous year. Also disagree with your prediction usually terrace are very competitive in the first half it's the end of the game that lets them down. I still believe GT are definitely coming in as the underdogs and are not even close to favorites

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
I'll be at the BBC game bugger I can't get there but I agree with your comments.. GT haven't got the front row or backs to compete for the entire game but it will be willing ...

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I'll be at the BBC game bugger I can't get there but I agree with your comments.. GT haven't got the front row or backs to compete for the entire game but it will be willing .

au contraire, I'd say Terrace's front row are their strongest point. Wilson's workrate is James Slipper like.

Status
Not open for further replies.