• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_003.jpg

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Round 8 (7 / 9 / 13)

TSS v BGS
TSS have thrashed their opposition in the past two weeks so this could lead to a cocky attitude going into this week. Mardsen will add some spark at 10 but the Light Dark Blue will inevitably be drowned by the surfer boys.
TSS by 22.

NC v TGS
I don't think I even need to provide a reason why I'm tipping NC. Queensland GPS 2013 has been wrapped up by the butcher stripes.
NC by 22.

BBC v IGS
The BBC backline will run riot. IGS forwards to put up a good fight but to go down after about 20 minutes.
BBC by 15.

ACGS v GT
Now this one was tough. I think Mack Mason was rested last week rather than injured so I've based my prediction on the fact that he will play. Key matchups will be between McNamee v MacMillan and Te Rupe v Perese. This game will be very close and very intense. However, the atmosphere at Churchie will give the boys in Blue and Grey the upper hand over a GT outfit that will be questioning how they only just managed to scrape a win over BSHS last week.
ACGS by 5.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Round 8 (7 / 9 / 13)

BBC v IGS
The BBC backline will run riot. IGS forwards to put up a good fight but to go down after about 20 minutes.
BBC by 15.

ACGS v GT
Now this one was tough. I think Mack Mason was rested last week rather than injured so I've based my prediction on the fact that he will play. Key matchups will be between McNamee v MacMillan and Te Rupe v Perese. This game will be very close and very intense. However, the atmosphere at Churchie will give the boys in Blue and Grey the upper hand over a GT outfit that will be questioning how they only just managed to scrape a win over BSHS last week.
ACGS by 5.

Agree with all the picks except Churchie v GT. Churchie did not win well last week by any means, and if it wasn't for some sloppy defence from BGS would have only just scraped through. GT won't give them this opportunity, and Churchie will need to have lifted. GT by 8.

I expected Ipswich's forwards to be a lot less fit than they were against BGS, so I disagree with the prediction they'll drop off in 20. Same result anyhow

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not going to bother with justifications this time around as it is Round 9 and the writing is on the wall.

TSS by 25
NC by 30+
BBC by 20
ACGS by 12

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
The following Nudgee College teams are aiming to finish season at number 1 or equal first place in their age group.

First XV, Second XV, 16A, 15B, 14A, 14B, 14C, 13A (undefeated)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TSS scored a try at Full Time - 8 Luke Papworth was wrestling one on one with BGS 7 Trey Kemp, before getting an offload away to 2 Jake Lyon who scored. Papworth then kicked Kemp in the head when he was on the ground, and as he got up punched him in the back of the head. Disgraceful.

Sounds like an incident that will get some further investigation. Not a good way to end the season for either team by the sounds of it. You never like to hear stuff like this at any grade, I'd suggest there will be repercussions if what you say is correct.. BGS must be struggling to come to grips with their final position on the ladder. I wonder what changes we will see next year.

Also note that ACGS d GT by 16 on Main. Could only stream the second half whilst I was at work but will try get my hands on information regarding the rest of the game. Looked as if GT is in good hands and well and truly back on their way to success.

Congratulations to Nudgee College on another premiership. Well deserved and clearly the best team in the competition yet again. TSS, ACGS, BBC and GT had strong seasons too, things will be interesting next year.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I know.

The title race is all over though and I think the last round will be a formality. That being said, there are some cracking matches on the card.

Hopefully we see the coaches give the Year 12 lads a good send off and give some of the younger boys a taste of 1st XV rugby.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
James Tuttle take a bow, controlled the game beautifully, 4 clean line breaks in the first half. NC forwards worked extremely hard all day, no real stars however they work hard for each other.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
NC are sitting on 14 points at the top with TSS on 11 in second. With one round to go, TSS can only hope to finish on 13 points by the end of the season. NC have won it.

His point was that there are still matches to play and other positions to decide

Status
Not open for further replies.