• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I think that may be outdated - hasn't Anthony Mathison been coaching the Filth's prem grade side the last year or two? Carl Marshall is indeed coaching the Queensland I side with Michael Crank though, filling in the rest of his time taking care of BGS' 15As side.

Steven Partridge has 2 kids playing Brothers Colts, so that doesn't surprise me at all. A really great bloke, tough but fair

Carl Marshall is Assist Coach (backs) to Matho @ Brothers. 2nd stint at the club after doing a similar role a few years back.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
For me:
NC/ACGS are front runners
BBC/GT are up there - BBC need to settle on the centre combination.

You mean BBC need to settle on a number 12.All smiles at Toowong after Jerumi Nanai clicked back into form (and working towards full fitness) with 2 tries against TSS.
Choices for 12 are : both leagueies,both over 6 foot and both over 100kg-Smith or Foulds?

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
For me:
NC/ACGS are front runners
BBC/GT are up there - BBC need to settle on the centre combination.

You mean BBC need to settle on a number 12.All smiles at Toowong after Jerumi Nanai clicked back into form (and working towards full fitness) with 2 tries against TSS.
Choices for 12 are : both leagueies,both over 6 foot and both over 100kg-Smith or Foulds?
In the wash-up of the rep trials, BBC scrum is looking strong. Especially if the can get Tuuga back on the paddock for the critical rounds against Nudgee and Churchie.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Which GPS team has the best coaching staff??? It maybe the difference in some tight games.

All schools have outstanding coaches ;and
strength and condition coaches;and
sports phycs.
Its really starting to look like who has the best recruitment program & the biggest warchest.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Nobody started a Queensland Schools thread so I'll write this here.

Hugh Jarse is writing a preview blog on the Oz Schools Championships starting on Monday in Sydney.

Who are a few Qld players who we Sydneysiders should be watching out for in the nationals - and why?

Details like these would be good to include in the blog.

Please put forward your thoughts tonight (Fri) or Saturday morning.

Thanks

LG.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Which GPS team has the best coaching staff??? It maybe the difference in some tight games.

Every school has a fantastic coach/coaching pair.

ACGS - Jason Gilmore - former Queensland U16s coach
BBC - Tom Barker - former Wallaby, former Norths Prem Grade coach, former Brumbies Assistant Coach, as well as BSHS, Churchie, and Nudgee. A legend of rugby in Queensland
BGS - Damon Emtage - Reds backs coach 05-09
BSHS - Sione Fukofuka - Queensland Women's 7s coach
IGS - David Eagle - legendary schoolboy coach, made a name coaching BSHS from 1997
GT - Ben McCormack and Anthony Gibb - McCormack was the "Brisbane North junior development officer", Gibb has coached GT since 2004, and coached GPS 2 in 2013.
NC - Anthony Connellan - Won 3 or 4 GPS premierships since 2009
TGS - David Elfantie - Former Uni of Qld Assistant coach, and General Manager of the Club
TSS - Mike Wallace - Australia A Schoolboys Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)

BBC - Tom Barker - former Wallaby, former Norths Prem Grade coach, as well as BSHS and Churchie. A legend of rugby in Queensland
IGS - David Eagle - legendary schoolboy coach, made a name coaching BSHS from 1997
GT - Ben McCormack and Anthony Gibb - McCormack EDIT: WAS the "Brisbane North junior development officer", Gibb has coached GT since 2004, and coached GPS 2 in 2013
TGS - Jono Farrell - a South African coach. Had a rough first year in 2013.

TGS coach of 1sts is Dave Elfanty,( not sure of spelling) only new this year from USQ rugby club. Jono Farrell has been at the school for about 6 years he is director of coaching. Dave Elfanty seems very good.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nobody started a Queensland Schools thread so I'll write this here.

Hugh Jarse is writing a preview blog on the Oz Schools Championships starting on Monday in Sydney.

Who are a few Qld players who we Sydneysiders should be watching out for in the nationals - and why?

Details like these would be good to include in the blog.

Please put forward your thoughts tonight (Fri) or Saturday morning.

Thanks

LG.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Don't know a lot of the boys but as a spectator one boy that really stood out at the QLD trials was Harley Fox, No.8 for QLD 1. Shem Vui, QLD 1 prop is very big and mobile. Alex Horan the 10 for QLD 1 is very handy as well. These are some that should stand out down in Sydney.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TGS coach of 1sts is Dave Elfanty,( not sure of spelling) only new this year from USQ rugby club. Jono Farrell has been at the school for about 6 years he is director of coaching. Dave Elfanty seems very good.

Hi Blogs, thanks for the correction. I spoke with a few TGS boys from 2013 who mentioned that Farrell had to take over when Gilmore left - what's Elfanty's background like?

Judging from the TSS/TGS trial his side looks very well coached

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hi Blogs, thanks for the correction. I spoke with a few TGS boys from 2013 who mentioned that Farrell had to take over when Gilmore left - what's Elfanty's background like?

Judging from the TSS/TGS trial his side looks very well coached

Enfantie had links with Uni club - pretty sure he was manager at one stage but until a couple of years ago was coaching at Uni rugby academy.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)

BBC - Tom Barker - former Wallaby, former Norths Prem Grade coach, as well as BSHS and Churchie. A legend of rugby in Queensland
GT - Ben McCormack and Anthony Gibb - McCormack EDIT: WAS the "Brisbane North junior development officer", Gibb has coached GT since 2004, and coached GPS 2 in 2013
TGS - Jono Farrell - a South African coach. Had a rough first year in 2013.

I think you will find Barker :
- won 4 premierships at Nudgee not BSHS;and
-was assistant coach to Eddie jones during the Brumbies glory days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom