• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Very much doubt that this would happen, not just the age difference issues but they have just changed it the other way and any move like this takes an enormous amount to get the headmasters assoc to agree on anything.
On another matter did anyone read david Penberthy in the CM today-gee does he have a lot to learn !
Guilford ... Thanks for the reply... Watch this space I say on the topic ... Don't read the CM but I think I better now

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting this decision around the whole term 3 and calendar sporting program.. Teams playing in the holidays on Fridays . Rep interruptions to under 15 in term 3 larger supp draw and teams playing mismatches in the supp draw .wonderful social justice program that impact on teams and rightly take preference... LASTEST Rumours of rugby going to year levels so students can play with peers.whilst I do agree term 3 is better for the GPS calendar. The next GPS RUGBY SPORTSMANS decision could have massive ramifications for the sport. I personal know of students who are in year 9 but currently play U15 rugby A's who are 85-90kgs.. These players will be able to play down under this format, meaning they are able to play year 10 rugby with the current 14 year old players. WOW...these players will be 16 months older .do parents all of a sudden say . I'm going back to club it's a longer season and my son isn't playing against players that have both a physical and maturity advantage .INTERESTING TIMES..

Sounds like another item for your survey Real Deal.i keep looking for it on the scholarship thread but no results yet.
Ever thought of telling your son" work harder" and the results will follow in time? Or " this is what happens in the real world"

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow what a ripper of a game .

Some interesting names in the BBC under 13A team that are undefeated .
Fullback is Jack Bowen whose brother played 1st xv last year and now at Broncos.
Centre is Simon Maafi whose brother played 10 in BBC 1st xv a few years back
But the boy they are all talking about is the right wing who has currently scored 20 tries this year.
Will he break Noel Mcleans school record for tries( when Noel was in under 15) of 21??

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
He
Sounds like another item for your survey Real Deal.i keep looking for it on the scholarship thread but no results yet.
Ever thought of telling your son" work harder" and the results will follow in time? Or " this is what happens in the real world"
works hard you don't even know who he is ... So leave the personal attacks out of it ...

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Plus a few for the forum

15222689605_e9082bf2e5_b_d.jpg

15044739328_0711414f94_b_d.jpg

15035990588_64b5620334_b_d.jpg

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
The selections for Top 4 come from @RuggasXV, @Spikhaza, and myself, but the final selections rest with the voters.

For 2013 there were 1700 votes for TOTY, and the results were as followed:

1. Evander Guttenbeil TSS (41.94%)
2. Alex Mafi NC (50.41%)
3. Sam Clifton TSS (36.27%)
4. Tom Perkins TSS (27.01%)
5. Jake Upfield TSS (41.51%)
6. PJ Van Den Burg TSS (32.37%)
7. Digger McMillan ACGS (36.97%)
8. Maclean Jones NC (37.55%)
9. Isaac Fines TSS (39.35%)
10. Mitch Third TSS (42.65%)
11. Fred Dorrough TSS (39.35%)
12. Conrad Quick BBC (31.82%)
13. Campbell Magnay NC (40.16%)
14. Isaac Nathan TSS (40.23%)
15. Josh Bowen BBC (32.17%)

16. Jake Lyon TSS (18.91%)
17. Gavin Luka NC (23.06%)
18. Matt Gibbon NC (31.24%)
19. Angus Scott-Young ACGS / Reece Hewat NC (Both on 24.79%)
20. Jayden Rodwell NC (28.06%)
21. Angus Fowler GT (27.10%)
22. Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS (30.09%)
23. George Partridge GT (33.28%)

Most Valuable Injured Player
24. Patrick Morrey BGS (31.52%)

King .
Good to see your readers are experts.
Magney is youngest player in ARC
Quick was youngest player in Aussie under 20
Bowen was allowed by Broncos to play for Wynnum in Intrust cup Prelim final today

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Some interesting names in the BBC under 13A team that are undefeated .
Fullback is Jack Bowen whose brother played 1st xv last year and now at Broncos.
Centre is Simon Maafi whose brother played 10 in BBC 1st xv a few years back
But the boy they are all talking about is the right wing who has currently scored 20 tries this year.
Will he break Noel Mcleans school record for tries( when Noel was in under 15) of 21??
Noel May have scored 21 but it would have been u16 as he started in year 10 but was a year older.

deansy

Bob McCowan (2)
King .
Good to see your readers are experts.
Magney is youngest player in ARC
Quick was youngest player in Aussie under 20
Bowen was allowed by Broncos to play for Wynnum in Intrust cup Prelim final today
Gee the gt 12 and 7 last year were pretty good both injured during the rep trials
seems that they didn't get much recognition had good seasons got brothers premier colts too.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Gee the gt 12 and 7 last year were pretty good both injured during the rep trials
seems that they didn't get much recognition had good seasons got brothers premier colts too.

Inside Center was a really competitive position last year, unfortunately Larosa didn't crack our Top 4.

I think results wise the voting went:

1. Conrad Quick BBC (youngest U20 Australia Player in 2014)
2. Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS (Reds U20s starter 2014)
3. Nili Fielea TSS (Perth Spirit (NRC) starter 2014)
4. Harry Wathen TGS (QLD I 2013, Sth Brisbane Prem Colts Rep team 2014)

In my mind,

5. Calvin Pritchard NC (Queensland U16 Origin, QLD I 2014)
6. Kris Larosa GT (Nth Brisbane Prem Colts Rep team)
= Ethan Page IGS (U18 Qld League)
8. Jim Henjak BSHS (QLD 2 2013, 2014)
9. Cam Griffin BGS (South QLD U19 League)

Toby McNamee ranked 2nd in the opensides, but didn't get enough votes to crack the bench.

Gregory the Gorilla

Frank Row (1)
Inside Center was a really competitive position last year, unfortunately Larosa didn't crack our Top 4.

I think results wise the voting went:

1. Conrad Quick BBC (youngest U20 Australia Player in 2014)
2. Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS (Reds U20s starter 2014)
3. Nili Fielea TSS (Perth Spirit (NRC) starter 2014)
4. Harry Wathen TGS (QLD I 2013, Sth Brisbane Prem Colts Rep team 2014)

In my mind,

5. Calvin Pritchard NC (Queensland U16 Origin, QLD I 2014)
6. Kris Larosa GT (Nth Brisbane Prem Colts Rep team)
= Ethan Page IGS (U18 Qld League)
8. Jim Henjak BSHS (QLD 2 2013, 2014)
9. Cam Griffin BGS (South QLD U19 League)

Toby McNamee ranked 2nd in the opensides, but didn't get enough votes to crack the bench.

King any chance of a sneaky preview of the contenders for this years team of the year?

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Want to hear a bold prediction? I bet Ponga won't even be selected for the bench of AIC 3 #rumormill #kingpicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calling you out King, i bet you will go back on your word and try get out of this. but like i said before the season the best kid to come through the system in years... i hope he has made you re consider your thoughts on him, after the year he has had

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PEyanmWO1iU

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
calling you out King, i bet you will go back on your word and try get out of this. but like i said before the season the best kid to come through the system in years. i hope he has made you re consider your thoughts on him, after the year he has had

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PEyanmWO1iU

I stand by my words, qldRU!

Ponga has not, and never will, be selected in an AIC team. He doesn't even play in their competition

GPS teams on the other hand..

In all seriousness mate I was never doubting his talent, just being a smartass about you mixing up the competitions.

That highlights video is out of this world though. His footwork is the best of any schoolboy athlete I've ever seen, and quite possibly the best of any athlete I've ever seen. I've never been so distraught about a GPS player playing league before

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
I stand by my words, qldRU!

Ponga has not, and never will, be selected in an AIC team. He doesn't even play in their competition

GPS teams on the other hand..

maybe not the best example but you were under rating him and playing him down quite abit bet you arent now

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
maybe not the best example but you were under rating him and playing him down quite abit bet you arent now

Buddy I hope you understand that there are 2 entirely separate, independent competitions in play in Brisbane.

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe this Guy?

Ponga is just a truly exceptional player and this video only further accentuates that fact.

Although he is going to league (and staying for the moment), he would be, in my opinion, far more effective in union. League is effectively a line of defenders and set play off every tackle, whereas union creates much more open space through more free play that opens opportunities to roam through the field as is shown in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.