• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
@rugbyrugby you asked GSP to speculate and he has. Although I have to agree with him the NC15A's are definitely the the best team I have seen as well. Everybody will be gunning for them.
On a side note, The make up of this coming weeks Met North U15s team will be a interesting read when you combine NC, GT, BGS and the Northern AIC schools together.....they'll have to be raging favourites for the State tournament.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Anyone heading down to Surf City to preview the TGS vs TSS trial games?

Very even game at TSS. TSS had the better of the first half with 2 tries to Pere (No. 8) and 1 to Campbell (10) . TGS's first try was from a rolling maul in the first few minutes of the 1st half.

TSS scored first in the second half (No. 5). But TGS finished strongly and scored 3 runaway tries late in the 2nd half (12, 13 x 2).

Photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/sets/72157653763638385

17673768264_07ff3559ff_b_d.jpg

18273161016_f69315504d_b_d.jpg

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is not one new kid in 15A this year at NC. Best team I've ever seen at those age grades. Give the credit where it's due, good coaching and a great culture allied to quality players.

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
@rugbyrugby you asked GSP to speculate and he has. Although I have to agree with him the NC15A's are definitely the the best team I have seen as well. Everybody will be gunning for them.
On a side note, The make up of this coming weeks Met North U15s team will be a interesting read when you combine NC, GT, BGS and the Northern AIC schools together...they'll have to be raging favourites for the State tournament.

I watched this NC 15A side on the weekend and saw them play 1 game last year and would have to say they are the most impressive team I have seen in Australia (includes all!), you would need to be a big gun - more like nuclear missile to keep up with these boys.....the ref couldn't! Lets not forget, that this was only a trial!

If GT, BGS & Nth AIC are part of the Met Nth U15s, there wouldn't be many changes you would make to the NC 15As....would you?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm with Rugbyrugby and NCWK ....why would anyone bullshit about new recruits when this is part of the accepted reality in how school programs ( and age groups within ) are built

It is entirely conceivable that with differing growth and skill / development rates, and , better quality Coaching that such turnarounds occur

Don't underestimate any of these factors .

U12 to U14 is a pretty difficult age level to take any serious reliability on. There is usually the over hang of early development " talent" and overly engaged parents who work their influence in a variety of direct and indirect ways

And more often that not ....Coaches at these age levels aren't up to it ion a number of levels , and so , generally bow to the prior ( and existing ) order of
things

Ultimately though , and it seems to be around the U15 age level in most programs ( the best Coaches seem to be in the Senior school end ) ....much greater control and determination of matters comes to the fore and no one gives a square root about the prior order of things or external opinion

Maybe the Nudgee U15 situation is more about this and growth from within

It also raises an interesting consideration about recruitment at U12 to U14 levels - that seems to be very " here and now " and superficial in the immediacy of things and doesn't properly consider a longer term development projection .

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
What a ridiculous post. Mate BSHS 13A beat NC nearly 100-0. If you're going to carry on about stacked teams - probably start there..BBC could possibly get a mention also. Your constant dribble about NC is unwarranted. The current 15s added one new player to the age group last year- the fast winger was already at the school playing for the Bs. This year there are no new students in the 15As. Not sure how this set-up warrants reference to the 'ICFP'.

Steady on RR.
It was meant as a compliment to Nc 15A.
The big difference between BBC,GT ,ACGS posters on this thread and YOU is that that are honest about new boys.look at Brave & Games posts for instance.
You say NC 14 A had one new player last year.
Everyone knows :
1) Small & Tau Tau were 2 best under 14 RL players in Qld last year and were contracted to EeLs and Broncos respectively;
2) they both turned up at NC last year and dominated the comp;
3) other schools wanted them -but the NC program won out out again(another compliment);
4) for good measure Tau Tau won 3 events at GPS T&F.

If I wrong on a single fact here contact me- and I will kiss your arse on Ross oval.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
And scorelines in one off games only mean so much. In NSW GPS last year, Scots beat Newington (I think) by 100 in the 1sts and then almost got beaten on the return leg. I would say there is more scope for change in 12 months from 13 - 14yrs than in 2 moths in firsts, especially when boys hitting puberty early becomes less notable. So a turnaround of huge proportions is by default the result of an imported team

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
Steady on RR.
The big difference between BBC,GT ,ACGS posters on this thread and YOU is that that are honest about new boys.look at Brave & Games posts for instance.
Everyone knows :
1) Small & Tau Tau were 2 best under 14 RL players in Qld last year and were contracted to EeLs and Broncos respectively;
3) other schools wanted them -but the NC program won out out again(another compliment);

If I wrong on a single fact here contact me- and I will kiss your arse on Ross oval.

Hey GSP - I'm at Ross now bending over...lol!
1. Neither of the boys played RL last year? only union because they are only union. Your right, RL clubs are chasing the boys and others, why not, ARU/QRU are doing nothing to support the kids!
2. NC 14A last year was incredible, the entire team played well but I must say the Coach turned a team of great individuals into a great team.

Its going to be an exciting season, cant wait!!

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
My great aunt Suzan could have coached that nudgee team to a comp with last year. Outstanding players and boys as a whole. People will catch up to them eventually though, as nudgee have had those boys since year 8

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
why not, ARU/QRU are doing nothing to support the kids!

Correct!
Enough about the QRU doing nothing (they have taken over from the ARU with regards to development) They are out there every weekend identifying the talent at the games and offering training camps for those with potential to go further and doing a remarkable job at developing rugby in Queensland. Because some of the boys at schools are RL affiliated does not mean that RU is doing nothing to identify these boys. Do yourself a favour and contact the QRU and ask what their development strategy is and what programs they currently have in place.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Very even game at TSS. TSS had the better of the first half with 2 tries to Pere (No. 8) and 1 to Campbell (10) . TGS's first try was from a rolling maul in the first few minutes of the 1st half.

TSS scored first in the second half (No. 5). But TGS finished strongly and scored 3 runaway tries late in the 2nd half (12, 13 x 2).

Well done HJ. Good to see the Mountain Men give TSS a run!!
Beware the trip up the range this season it seems..

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Steady on RR.
Everyone knows :

For the record chaps. There was only 11 points in the NC V BSHS 13A game last year, so the result on Saturday doesn't surprise me that much.

Many State High teams are inconsistent week to week, let alone year to year!

My info tells me big improvers in 14As this year will be GT and NC. The gap will be closed on the blokes from Toowong. GT play BBC in all grades this Saturday.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Welcome back welcome back... as our Late Mate Richie would say....

Well lets get off to a positive

Last year in August.... I predicted 5 of the 6 premierships ( who knows how you loose with a NC second XV - actually I do poor coaching or team culture) anyway,,,, Is this our year 2015 BBC.... fingers crossed,,,

Interesting reading about the best team ever (LOL) last years under NC U14A's ...One team doesn't make a team and no doubt that they will be hard to beat this year... But the scores will be closer... Its nothing to do with coaching its physical development.... Its just fact and believe me the stats don't lie... Great to see this year NC 14A's turn it around and well done to the coach and selectors of the team... Win one game by a try if I'm reading the posts correctly apparently makes a turnaround... Maybe NC need to look at it like this if the posts are correct no new players then what were the coach and selectors doing last year... is the NC system starting to fade... lets hope not... But the rumours I'm hearing on rugby grapevine after the U13 score against BSHS is true ..WOW,... Never thought that would happen to a NC team.... Is BSHS U13 going to be the best team we have ever seen play,,,, LOL.. Churchie XV 2014 is the best I've seen and I'm linked to BBC... But I guess that's my opinion and we know everyone has one of them and who cares..

But I did post last year that I heard that they had a guy who is one of the best recruiters in the business and a great coach as well go there... I'm not going to say I told you so... But I guess we will see from BSHS U13 results this year if I'm right.... I hope my BBC U13's are ready ...They are looking good and played some excellent rugby already.

Well its alittle early to put my predicts up for 2015 but give me two weeks and the challenge is on.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Thought your comments about BSHS are alittle unfair...Thoughts their teams went well in the lower grades... Didn't their U15A's win it... Looking forward to GT this weekend be a good test where BBC are

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
GT play BBC in all grades this Saturday.

wont they have about 20 players between them in GPS trials?
will it really be a 2nd xv match?

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Round 2 of GPS selections this weekend at Tennyson, so the trial games for the 1st XV will be pretty light on. Number of players from each school participating in the trials below:

8 x ACGS
11 x BSHS
6 x GT
10 x IGS
11 x TGS
16 x BBC
12 x NC
11 x TSS
7 x BGS

Status
Not open for further replies.