• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Its very interesting ... the under age results ...State high; ippy; GT; BBC seem to be getting strong and strong in the under A games ...whilst Tss; churchie seem to be falling away.---NC hard to tell at this point in the session because they have played the lower schools in the under age ... even their opens may struggle if injuries keep hurting them

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Just saw the u13 bshs score against churchie... did i remember a pist saying churchie have the best forwards in the comp... lol. 97-0 and 68-0 ..the BMW supporters have gone bonkers

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Are you sure Realeal?, they lost 97-0 to IGS last week if this is the case they will have to ZOOM out of the East down the south and grab a few forwards that can play as that would be a dog dastardly result year to DATE.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tip with your head, not with your heart. The smart money is on TSS but Tennyson is a special place. Thats all I'll say.

Tennyson might be a special place but not in 2 nd half today.
how did TSS put 40 points on in 2 nd half.?
did GT start falling off tackles or did TSS step up a gear?
did Riley dominate as an Aussie 7 s player should ?

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
If TSS are serious contenders they should be expecting to put 30-40 on GT on the weekend IMO. Braveandgame.

That's so tongue n cheek! I think 15-20 points will probably stop it up. Let's see if GT can take advantage of the several lapses shown thus far by TSS. I will give you that if there was any team or place for a potential upset it's Tennyson (not that I think this will happen).

tss are serious contenders w ith a great draw. they play NC at TSS on old boys day after having a bye.
watched tss reply v BBC .
couple of bad ref calls against BBC including a legit try disallowed because ref could not keep up.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
tss are serious contenders w ith a great draw. they play NC at TSS on old boys day after having a bye.
watched tss reply v BBC .
couple of bad ref calls against BBC including a legit try disallowed because ref could not keep up.

Totally agree B&W but TSS deserved the win and BBC can't blame ref that game was for the taking last week but for dropped balls - big game at Blue White this Sat - hope Nudgee put on the ringside act they did for the final with BGS a few years ago

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
First XV BGS v NC team list

1.Masselos 1.Ireland
2.Straker 2. Schoupp
3.Graham 3.Luka
4.Baboolal 4. Dalle Cort
5.Bartkowski 5. Verryne
6.Ebzery 6. K Meni
7.Phillips 7.Zappala
8.McReight 8.Hewat
9.Halliday 9.Smith
10.Teo 10.Ranginhua
11.Davies 11.Armstrong
12.Davidson 12.Hunt
13.Fison 13.Richman
14.Traves 14.T Meni
15.Hogan 15.Tupou

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Real Deal....not I that stated Churchie 13A's were the best forward pack in comp but thought against IGS....regardless of the score .....they stood up and played a good technical game which killed the reliance on the big men IGS served up against BBC the week before. Am guessing BSHS 13's encountered this today and got the ball out quick to the backs....noted close scores across the rest of the fixtures....thought BBC would have scored a few more against TGS?........few players out?

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Its very interesting . the under age results .State high; ippy; GT; BBC seem to be getting strong and strong in the under A games .whilst Tss; churchie seem to be falling away.---NC hard to tell at this point in the session because they have played the lower schools in the under age . even their opens may struggle if injuries keep hurting them
I think the BSHS u/14 A's nearly got to 50 against Churchie as well. The problem is that the Churchie 1st 15 didn't attend the school until they got their scholarships in grade 11 or 12. You can't tell me the Quade Copper attended Churchie from these early years. For that matter, you can't tell me that his family actually paid anything for him to attend the school. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those scholarship holders actually go home after term 3 and don't even finish off at Churchie. So the other schools can build a strong junior rugby program, which given all of the scores against BSHS today, Churchie obviously don't. This won't impact on the Churchie first 15 at all.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Totally agree B&W but TSS deserved the win and BBC can't blame ref that game was for the taking last week but for dropped balls - big game at Blue White this Sat - hope Nudgee put on the ringside act they did for the final with BGS a few years ago

True. I don't think many refs would keep up with Ikatau on break-out and actually be in front of him to see if the ball came off the hand or the foot. Also, TSS were held up over the line 2 or 3 times, where they didn't score off the following 5m scrum. One of those could easily have been a penalty (try?) for pulling down a rolling maul. Just saying ref's decisions weren't all one-way traffic.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from GT v TSS here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/sets/72157656156766939

20202490841_98ac1955ba_b_d.jpg

20010485099_54252a326e_b_d.jpg

20189077722_8e6e8f6be1_b_d.jpg

Tankowner

Frank Row (1)
These comments, background and replies amaze me , all in the true spirit
of Rugby. Well done.
Standard of play even more Amazing.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
R3 Results:
ACGS def BSHS 39-0
NC def BGS 55-14
BBC def TGS 26-20
TSS def GT 56-14

Contrary to 2014 there looks to be no definitive winner at this stage, with the 40+ winning margins from NC and TSS today proving this competition is still very much alive.

Although Churchie put 40 points on State High I don't think their undefeated status will prevail after facing Tba this coming week considering the flogging they gave to last years 16A's out west.

Unfortunate for BBC with regards to injury count considering the prior 15A/16A success for this now 1XV side.

Greatly looking forward to NC v BBC fixture in R4.

Bring on round 4.

i understand that 3 of the 6 BBC boys who are out will return next week. they really miss Simpsons speed out wide.i thought he was veryunlucky not to make an Aussie team as he outplayed NSW 1 winger who did.but 9 , 5 and 2 are out for season .Cotton at 14 will be back in 2 weeks.
Hold on - thats 7 out not 6 but who is counting.
those three under 16 boys who played their 1st match in first xv yesterday really stood up. the new 9 ( who is a 10in 16A ) was the best of them.the width of his pass allowed Raroren at 10 to play his best game of the year.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think the BSHS u/14 A's nearly got to 50 against Churchie as well. The problem is that the Churchie 1st 15 didn't attend the school until they got their scholarships in grade 11 or 12. You can't tell me the Quade Copper attended Churchie from these early years. For that matter, you can't tell me that his family actually paid anything for him to attend the school. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those scholarship holders actually go home after term 3 and don't even finish off at Churchie. So the other schools can build a strong junior rugby program, which given all of the scores against BSHS today, Churchie obviously don't. This won't impact on the Churchie first 15 at all.

dont forget Richie Asitosa(great player and great kid) who played Aussie schools last year. he only joined half way through the year from Keebra Park High but was allowed to play 1st xv because he was " a full fee paying student" lol !!
But we are all playing a dangerous game kicking a school with a very wealthy old boys network .
need i remind you that in 2013 ACGS created history by coming from 9 th (the year before)to 1st to win GPS swimming.in short if they want to do somthing they will.they are not short of $$$$

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
i understand that 3 of the 6 BBC boys who are out will return next week. they really miss Simpsons speed out wide.i thought he was veryunlucky not to make an Aussie team as he outplayed NSW 1 winger who did.but 9 , 5 and 2 are out for season .Cotton at 14 will be back in 2 weeks.
Hold on - thats 7 out not 6 but who is counting.
those three under 16 boys who played their 1st match in first xv yesterday really stood up. the new 9 ( who is a 10in 16A ) was the best of them.the width of his pass allowed Raroren at 10 to play his best game of the year.

Guru do you have a team list from yesterday? Keen to see who played 2 - what is injury to younger Farrell who plays 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.