• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
.."however , Emry Pere at No 8 for TSS might be one of the most under rated guys in the GPS comp".. Garry Owens.

I think Pere performances have been solid without being the most underrated player. You've rated him, and a number of posts before (Qld selection trials) were up in arms that he was not given a go in the trials.

Facts are there are a number of underrated players out there..a number of whom I think are the equalled to Pere if not better..namely Jack Ireland NC #1, Campbell TSS #10, Pat Corrigan GT #5 and Vary TGS #11. The latter Vary was very unlucky not to gain higher honours last month IMO.

Vary was hard done by I believe. He has the best palm in the comp and would back him one on one with anyone in the GPS.
Always gets the crowd on its feet when he crosses for a bit of meat!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Holy shit. If my itel is correct BBC are missing following from number 1 team;
5 Hope (2nd year 1st xv )is out 13 Ikatu(Australia A) is out.
2 Farrell(Qld 2) is out. 14 Simpson Qld 2 9 T Raoren
11 F Cotton 1 Christianson GPS 2

and they used to blame Barker for all the injuries
The Guru, Today at 10:07 AM Report
Well Guru thus far your itel (?) hasn't been too good. From week 1 :
"3 BBC boys(number 4,7 and 14) 2 who are in Aussie A team and one in Aussie Schoolboys have fitness tests on Thursday..The number 7 that you talk about who is in Aussie Schoolboys is only 50/50 to play." And the team list for the week was: Christensen 1. S.Farrell 2..Foulds 3. Swain (C) 4. Hope 5. Middleton 6. J.Farrell 7. Gunter 8. Vaughey 9. Raoren 10. Carswell 11. Seabrook 12. Ikitau 13. Verevis 14. & Ngamanu 15.

I think BBC will have a comfortable win in TGS. Mainly due to TGS #1 being out and the fact that last weeks effort should not trouble the calliper of BBC. Must be a bit of "smoke n mirror" on the reports coming out of BBC; Maybe a coaching masterstroke to "keep the powder dry" for NC the following week? I'm sure the "maybes" and "out" will be in the reserves line-up if required (even though I don't know this to be a fact).

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Holy shit.If my itel is correct BBC are missing following from number 1 team;

5 Hope (2nd year 1st xv )is out
13 Ikatu(Australia A) is out.
2 Farrell(Qld 2) is out.
14 Simpson Qld 2
9 T Raoren
11 F Cotton
1 Christianson GPS 2

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the 2nds hooker & 16 A hooker)Palmer) are injured as well.
Can the ballboy throw the ball in?

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
11 F Cotton 1 Christianson GPS 2

"3 BBC boys(number 4,7 and 14) 2 who are in Aussie A team and one in Aussie Schoolboys have fitness tests on Thursday..The number 7 that you talk about who is in Aussie Schoolboys is only 50/50 to play." And the team list for the week was: Christensen 1. S.Farrell 2..Foulds 3. Swain (C) 4. Hope 5. Middleton 6. J.Farrell 7. Gunter 8. Vaughey 9. Raoren 10. Carswell 11. Seabrook 12. Ikitau 13. Verevis 14. & Ngamanu 15.

I think BBC will have a comfortable win in TGS. Mainly due to TGS #1 being out and the fact that last weeks effort should not trouble the calliper of BBC. Must be a bit of "smoke n mirror" on the reports coming out of BBC; Maybe a coaching masterstroke to "keep the powder dry" for NC the following week? I'm sure the "maybes" and "out" will be in the reserves line-up if required (even though I don't know this to be a fact).

No
I have seen the team list & Guru is correct.Three 16 A players gone up at,1, 5 & 9and Veravis back to wing.
Simpson not playing nor Ikatu nor Cotton.

Ikatu is the biggest loss.He kept Riley in check until injured.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
No
I have seen the team list & Guru is correct. Three 16 A players gone up at,1, 5 & 9and Veravis back to wing.
Simpson not playing nor Ikatu nor Cotton.

Ikatu is the biggest loss.He kept Riley in check until injured.
GSP, 57 minutes ago Report
Wow that's not good. As said before I still think BBC will have enough over TGS for the weekend. Great experience for the younger guys...as TGS will make them work extremely hard for the win.

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
ACGS team this week unchanged with the exception of MacMillan coming back into #7 after a one week suspension following red card in R1 V Terrace.

ACGS 1XV (01/08):
1. Angus Wagner
2. Jacob Williams
3. Joel Kuchel
4. Harry Hockings
5. Ashley Whitehead
6. Henry Sharp
7. James MacMillan
8. Sam Wallis
9. Matthew Oberholzer
10. Brodie Croft (C)
11. Joel Papa
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Tristan Stanghon
14. Frazer Suffren
15. Jake Mason

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
11 F Cotton 1 Christianson GPS 2[/CO

just saw the BBC team sheet for Saturday. the TGS boys will confirm that the
boys i listed are not playing and that an under 16 prop is playing hooker because the 2nds & 16 A hookers are injured as well.
My Dear Sage your apology is accepted.
btw the bBC coach wants to know if you can throw a ball in.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
100% agree no students name has been used and we have hardly even spoken about a specific position or individual all I have seen here is people refer to some new players that may or may strengthen a particular team - the quality of those teams and how much we enjoy watching them play.

Believe me the boys at BBC and GT (or IGS) in the u14 and GT and NC in the under 15 and for that matter IGS and BSHS in the U13 do not need me or any other person to put a ring around the fixture on the calendar.
I think you probably should add BSHS u/14 on this list. They didn't lose to many last year and certainly GT didn't cause them any trouble. Put nearly 50 on TGS last week and best IGS in the trial at the end of last term 6 tries to 1 (not that trials mean anything).

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
#1257 Happy to Chat
Early predictions for next week.
TSS vs GT (TSS by 10+)
TGS vs BBC (BBC by a cats wisker if they can dust themselves off with no lingering injuries after a thrilling round 2, TGS will go hard).
BGS vs NC (NC by 10+)
BSHS vs ACGS (ACGS by a converted try).
I will have to revise my predictions in light of recent changes:
TSS vs GT (TSS by 10+) TSS have not shown their scoring ability yet especialy 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, if they do it could be a bigger margin.
TGS vs BBC (TGS by 8) Given recent injuries in BBC camp
BGS vs NC (NC by 15 +) expecting around 35-10
BSHS vs ACGS (Churchie by 7) but I am on the fence with this one.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
News at Nudgee. We all know by now that Liam Moseley NC #10 is out for the season.

Some more joyful news (not!) as 2015 may become the Year of the Injury! Kahala Meni is out for one week possibly 3-4 with a hamstring injury. Therefore J Ireland is moving to #6 (should be a hooker Jack!) Rangihuna (#15) moves to #10 and the young man (whose name escapes me) whom played in the trial at Churchie and had a cracker of a game, mind you, is moving to fullback. The seconds prop is also coming up and is a good substitute. Sound like Mr Buttermaker in Bad News Bears......1 goes to 6, 3 goes to 7......

Rest unchanged.

Still doesn't alter my tips too much. Still think TSS can beat GT by 10 or more. BBC still by 10 points: too well drilled and with the #1 TGS out, I think their forwards will struggle. BBC also still have a pretty impressive backline even with the omissions and Philpotts is a master coach. BBC it is. NC by 12 (down from 15+) Meni and Moseley worth at least 8 points in that. ACGS, the only hassle free top 4 pick, will smother and control the game with there grinding pick n drive to get up comfortably by the end (8 points of comfort).

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hot off the press!
Well done to the 2 Qld GPS players making the Australian Youth Sevens Team:
Australian Boys Sevens squad for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games in Apia, Samoa:

1. Dylan RILEY (Utility) Hope Island QLD. The Southport School, Gold Coast, QLD
2. Simon KENNEWELL (Utility) Collaroy NSW. Newington College, NSW
3. Tom WRIGHT (Back) Coogee NSW. St Josephs College, Sydney, NSW
4. Robert LEOTA (Forward) Thornbury VIC. Thornbury High School, VIC
5. Oisin CLARKEN (Back) Doveton VIC. Hallam Senior College, VIC
6. Josh COWARD (Back) Greensborough VIC. St Patricks College, Ballarat, VIC
7. Harrison GODDARD (Back) Kenthurst NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
8. Lachlan ANDERSON (Forward) Kellyville NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
9. Henry HUTCHISON (Back) Randwick NSW. Randwick Rugby Club, NSW
10. Liam McNAMARA (Back) Runcorn QLD. Sunnybank Rugby Club, QLD
11. Jayden NGAMANU (Back) Madeley WA. Brisbane Boys College, QLD
12. Tim ANSTEE (Utility) Baulkham Hills NSW. William Clarke College, NSW

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Not to mention Liam McNamara, formerly of Brisbane State High.

His injury against Toowoomba last year completely derailed state high's chances of a successful season. He was an absolute gun.

Looking forward to watching him represent Australia in Sevens

Congratulations to all boys selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hot off the press!
Well done to the 2 Qld GPS players making the Australian Youth Sevens Team:
Australian Boys Sevens squad for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games in Apia, Samoa:

1. Dylan RILEY (Utility) Hope Island QLD. The Southport School, Gold Coast, QLD
2. Simon KENNEWELL (Utility) Collaroy NSW. Newington College, NSW
3. Tom WRIGHT (Back) Coogee NSW. St Josephs College, Sydney, NSW
4. Robert LEOTA (Forward) Thornbury VIC. Thornbury High School, VIC
5. Oisin CLARKEN (Back) Doveton VIC. Hallam Senior College, VIC
6. Josh COWARD (Back) Greensborough VIC. St Patricks College, Ballarat, VIC
7. Harrison GODDARD (Back) Kenthurst NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
8. Lachlan ANDERSON (Forward) Kellyville NSW. Oakhill College, NSW
9. Henry HUTCHISON (Back) Randwick NSW. Randwick Rugby Club, NSW
10. Liam McNAMARA (Back) Runcorn QLD. Sunnybank Rugby Club, QLD
11. Jayden NGAMANU (Back) Madeley WA. Brisbane Boys College, QLD
12. Tim ANSTEE (Utility) Baulkham Hills NSW. William Clarke College, NSW

BBC will probably be relieved Veravis missed out.
I am surprised Sammy Edwards missed out.He has been killing it for UQ Prem Colts.he and Mcnamara face each other on Sunday in the GF.
Gee -Riley was good last week.I had no idea he was that big &fast.
Ngamanu has been good but not brilliant.They need a big big game this weekend.
The wide open spaces of TGS might just suit him.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT XV V TSS

1-Elliot Keefer
2-Oliver Macklin
3-Joshua Nasser
4-Jonathan Clough
5-Pat Carrigan
6-William Beirne
7-Tom Kelly
8-Jack Lutvey
9-Lachie Kirk
10-Joe Eckersley
11-Matt Forsyth
12-Joe Pozzi
13-Ed Burns
14-Will Eddie
15-Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
TSS v GT

1 Dechlan Day
2 Finn McElroy
3 Calum Ball
4 Will Rudland
5 Angus Blyth
6 Tipene Mavoa
7 Angus Allen (Capt)
8 Emry Pere
9 Jordan Lenac
10 Tyler Campbell
11 Hayden Sargeant
12 Jai Whitbread (vc)
13 Dylan Riley
14 Noah Lolesio
15 Max Dowd

Only one change - Ball (3) back in for Siggs

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Per GPS Rugby News on Facebook:

Queensland Reds flanker Liam Gill (Gregory Terrace 2009) has won the Stan Pilecki Medal for 2015 by the biggest margin in history, shattering James Slipper's (The Southport School 2007) 2012-record by an incredible 150-points.

Queensland Rugby Union also inducted former Brisbane Grammar School icon Alec Evans and Toowoomba Grammar School legend Jason Little to the Queensland Rugby Hall of Fame.

Among those celebrated at the Reds annual Gala Ball was Samu Kerevi (Brisbane State High School 2011), recipient of the Spirit of the Reds award.

Fellow Brisbane State High School graduates Adam Korczyk (2012), Charlotte Caslick (2012) and Laura Waldie (2014) were named Under-20s player of the year, Women's player of the year and Youth Girls player of the year respectively.

Congratulations to all award winners!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
No risk of BSHS making a tackle in the backline - Churchie lead 14-0 after 20. Croft and Stanghorn tryscorers

Status
Not open for further replies.