• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I just noticed the Schoolboy U15 QLD RL teams were announced a few weeks back - GT, BBC, BSHS and NC all had a player selected.

BAG

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
So did BGS. The boy from NC did not have much game and appeared to be injured. Unsure how he was selected. Most of the boys are already in the QAS Emerging Squad or playing for the Cyril Connell Cup.

Is the BGS new to the school? I can't see a BGS student in the 40 selected across the two squads - he must have been down as at another school.

Frank Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
Is the BGS new to the school? I can't see a BGS student in the 40 selected across the two squads - he must have been down as at another school.
I think he was actually down for GT but my sources tell me he is from BGS. Maybe he changed after the school holidays. Previously attended AIC School St Pats. He was also selected for the Qld Reds U15 Team in April this year. Plays with passion and always at 100%.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I think he was actually down for GT but my sources tell me he is from BGS. Maybe he changed after the school holidays. Previously attended AIC School St Pats. He was also selected for the Qld Reds U15 Team in April this year. Plays with passion and always at 100%.

That might make sense I had not heard of him as a GT guy, but had heard GT had brought a new league guy in that age group. Maybe they meant Grammar on Gregory Terrace.

EDIT: Yep he is an ex St Pats boy, I cant confirm at this stage which School on Gregory Terrace he is attending anyone know for sure??

EDIT2: Would appear the boy in question is at BGS not GT

BAG

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Who are the certainties for GPS 1?

Any boy who played Qld 1 or 2 last year.see post from HJ
These players represented Australian Schoolboys last year as well as QLD I and must be considered automatic selections for Qld I this year if they are uninjured:

Prop - Gavin LUKA — St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD I
Lock - Reece HEWAT — St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD I

In addition to those, it is understood that all these young men who represented Queensland I, Queensland II or Combined States at the 2014 ASRU Championships are still at school this year and in all likelihood they should also be chosen this year:

Lock - Darcy TAIMUA-SWAIN, Brisbane Boys College, Qld I
Centre - Calvin PRITCHARD, St Joseph’s Nudgee College, Qld I
Loose Forward - Jack FARRELL, Brisbane Boys College, Qld I
Centre - Matthew SMIT, Brisbane State High School, Qld II
Fullback - Geoffrey ROBERTSON, Ipswich Grammar School, Qld II
Halfback - Reuben WALL, St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace, Qld II
Flanker - Martin KOORTZ Brisbane State High School, Combined States
Prop - Thomas O’TOOLE Padua College, Combined States

Anyone from 2014 National Championships who is back at School in 2015 not listed above?

Using the rule of incumbency, there are still plenty of gaps to fill for 2015:

Queensland I
1. LHP Gavin LUKA — St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD I & Aust Schoolboys 2014
2. H
3. THP Thomas O’TOOLE Padua College, Combined States 2014
4. RL Reece HEWAT — St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD I & Aust Schoolboys 2014
5. LL Darcy TAIMUA-SWAIN, Brisbane Boys College, Qld I 2014
6. BSF Jack FARRELL, Brisbane Boys College, Qld I 2014
7. OSF Martin KOORTZ Brisbane State High School, Combined States 2014
8. No 8
9. Half Reuben WALL, St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace, Qld II 2014
10. Fly half
11. Wing
12. IC Calvin PRITCHARD, St Joseph’s Nudgee College, Qld I 2014
13. OC Matthew SMIT, Brisbane State High School, Qld II 2014
14. Wing
15. FB Geoffrey ROBERTSON, Ipswich Grammar School, Qld II 2014
16. H
17. LHP
18. THP
19. L
20. BR
21. Half
22. IB
23. OB

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Some familiar names in Qld under 18 RL side for 2015
Sua will be a busy boy.
Enari Tuala Townsville Stingers
3 Keenan Yorston Cronulla Sharks
4 Bacho Salam Townsville Stingers
5 Bernard Lewis Sydney Roosters
6 Mitchell Dunn Townsville Stingers
7 Joshua Fauid Norths Devils
8 Keegan Hipgrave Wynnum Manly Seagulls
9 Reuben Cotter Mackay Cutters
10 Keanu Dawson Gold Coast Green
11 Jaydn Sua Souths Logan Magpies
12 Michael Molo Norths Devils
13 Lachlan Lanskey Norths Devils
14 Tristan Hope Toowoomba Clydesdales
15 Thomas Mikaele Ipswich Jets
16 Keenan Palasia Wynnum Manly Seagulls
17 Cameron Torpy Easts Tigers
18 Brodie Croft Easts Tigers

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
GT have recruited a RL Boy. I think his name is Hoani Ford-Stevens. Previously been award the U13 and U14 RL Rep player but did not make the U15 Qld RL squad this year. My sources tell me he is on the QAS RL Emerging Squad for 2105. He played Five-eighth in RL. The BGS boy is Thomas Gilbert. I think he might be playing for the 1st this year? DOes anyone know?

Let's hope the transfer window isn;t open too long and these new Leaguies at GT don't throw a Daley Cherry Evans...

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
Makes it very hard to understand how one of them was selected in the Qld U15 RL White side for this year.
I think you have missed my point here, i was replying to GSP's comments "best 2 RL players in 2014", neither of these boys played RL in 2014, RU only and both very talented, so if one of them has made the white side i don't think it is because he is a long time RL player. From what i have heard Tau Tau is playing club league this year, only his second season with a club in 3 years since he made the U12 QLD School Boys, prior to that he had only played club union

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
. The boy from NC did not have much game and appeared to be injured. Unsure how he was selected.
Sources tell me - 2012 U12 Qld School Boys Representative, current QAS RL emerging U15 Squad, and ? contracted with the Broncos - so take your pick - Not bad considering union background. I was told he got injured and didn't get much game time, but the time he got he did his job

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Tau Tau, Small, Woods and the winger Naawi were impressive last year. I can confirm Tau Tau and Naawi play for the same club in RL. Don't get me wrong Tau Tau is a lethal player, but the rest of the boys will catch up to him.
Pretty sure all 4 boys are involved with RL at some level.
Wood has been picked up by the Titans this year and doesn't really play the game from my understanding, extremely fast for a big kid.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
GT have recruited a RL Boy. I think his name is Hoani Ford-Stevens. Previously been award the U13 and U14 RL Rep player but did not make the U15 Qld RL squad this year. My sources tell me he is on the QAS RL Emerging Squad for 2105. He played Five-eighth in RL. The BGS boy is Thomas Gilbert. I think he might be playing for the 1st this year? DOes anyone know?

i understand the new headmaster of GT is coaching the 15 As.
so if the new RL boy is in the 15 As would this be called " feathering your own nest"
wish more HM would get involved.

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
B&W

Not 100% sure how true it is but I was told on Saturday that once all existing scholarships have been for filled Churchie wont be handing out anymore as HM is academic not sport. I fell over with laughter when told and then finally composed myself to ask the question "How long do you think this will last???".....Once the old boys realise their team cant compete with the others Im sure weight in numbers will win out. For those next few years I feel sorry for the boys playing with high expectations yet little chance!!!!!!!!

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
B&W

It is only a one off game so wont cause too much extra workload for Sua. For those interested in following up and coming players, follow the number 8 in the side. The kid goes good and has plenty of grunt, already made his NYC debut with the Broncos as well.

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
What happens to Kaylan Ponga the 15 for churchie last year?? Heard he was playing Cowboys U20 but haven't seen him play in the last few weeks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.