• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
1. Siggs
2. Van Nek
3. Tuimavave
4. Wilson
5. Hosea
6. Bullemor
7. Kibble
8. Ngamanu
9. Hunt
10. Parata
11. Bennett
12. Lolesio
13. Petaia
14. Tabui
15. Dowd

Underrated team of the year
1. ?
2. Tom Forde
3. ?
4. ?
5. Tom Van Der Schyff
6. ?
7. Hayden Moseley
8. ?
9. Will Kirk
10. Carter Gordon
11. Koen Dovey
12. Joe Small
13. Drekwon Brown
14. Glen Vahui
15. ?

You got my vote except Ngamanu only played one match at 8(the first match)-did not play since BSHS

The rugby dad

Bob McCowan (2)
Underrated team of the year
1. ?
2. Tom Forde
3. ?
4. ?
5. Tom Van Der Schyff
6. ?
7. Hayden Moseley
8. ?
9. Will Kirk
10. Carter Gordon
11. Koen Dovey
12. Joe Small
13. Drekwon Brown
14. Glen Vahui
15. ?

Drekwon Brown (Churchie), very under rated player, I really rate him he is a hard running inside centre with good speed, quick feet and a strong defender, although I would like to see how he would go with a competitive team and better quality players around him, he is still only in year 10, one to watch in the coming years.

two chairs

Frank Row (1)
Drekwon Brown (Churchie), very under rated player, I really rate him he is a hard running inside centre with good speed, quick feet and a strong defender, although I would like to see how he would go with a competitive team and better quality players around him, he is still only in year 10, one to watch in the coming years.

Would also suggest from BGS - Oliver Shepherd (Number 8) has been the mainstay of that team all year and Miller Rowe (Number 4) + Dennis Waight at 13

The Queen ;)

Stan Wickham (3)
Would also suggest from BGS - Oliver Shepherd (Number 8) has been the mainstay of that team all year and Miller Rowe (Number 4) + Dennis Waight at 13

I agree with those names apart from Miller Rowe- Although he is good he lacks the big runs that his position requires

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Final Round Wobbles. Apologies for the absence I was doing some time in the big house, but watching from the other side of the fence none the less.

Nudgee VS BSHS
Plenty of motivation for the 7 day fish eaters here. A tied shield is on the table if they don't choke. The other challenge of course is the trip to the tip. It has been the downfall of a few good teams over the years. Many of the cognoscenti on this esteemed forum have been impressed with High this season, but they are about as consistent as Bill Pulver, hence their position on the table. But let's be honest this Nudgee team has some chinks in their armor and if the referee enforces the must release rule after the tackle, then the Nudgee 7 may well be nulified. If the Hoff is in control, the 7 will be fine - but lock up your mums! They love the Hoff - who doesn't?
NC by 13

Churchie VS TSS
East Brisbane on Saturday will smell like a spray tan hurricane has descended from above. Of course it will just have come up the Pacific Highway and mixed with the extra coating the Churchie mums will have applied to ensure they match up on the sidelines. I'm heading out to The Norman Creek Cricket Ground early for this one! I love the smell of spray tan in the morning. From all reports the Coast boys have been a little bit stop and go and a bit show and go this year as well. If Churchie can go a bit cranky Bill Shorten on them early on they could take their eye off the prize. After all playing for a shared premiership isn't quite as bad as kissing your sister but it's not far off.
TSS by 9

GT VS BBC
As hopes of a title have again evaporated at the hands of not having a goal kicker in the team, most BBC supporters will be kicking their cat tomorrow afternoon. if only they were practicing both forms of kicking in the pre-season. GT on the other hand will be as motivated as ever to jump on to equal pegging with BBC should they win. Catholics hate being under Protestants, in all senses of the expression. There will be a couple of fights between parents on the sideline at this one - as BBC dads will take a liking to some of the sleeveless parkas worn by the terrace dads. But when that's all said and done - the players will play out a draw.
DRAW

BGS VS Ippy
Grammar are back and I'm not talking about debating or chess - they are now a serious threat to the rugby premiership next year. OK so that's not true - but they are mid-table and the last time that happened Australia had a budget surplus. Look I think Ippy should roll them here as their pure size will just be too much to handle for Grammar. But I have no idea who will actually drive down from Ipswich for this one, so I'm not confident.
BGS by Forfeit

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the draw is a good call for the GT v BBC match. The BBC boys will have one eye on the rowing season and GT will want to finish equal fourth. Kirk maybe kicks the winner as karma for what transpired in round 1
Nudgee won't let High anyway near an upset victory
BGS will paste IGS and finish 5th
Churchie won't get near TSS, with a big flourish of tries in the 2nd half giving them the title with NC

Bring on the u16 national champs....

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
I've been following a lot of the U15 season so I thought i'd make this
U15 Team of the season
1. Jake Tierney (BBC)
2. Aidan King (ACGS)
3. Johna Luka (NC)
4. Tom Duke (BSHS)
5. Tom Tronc (IGS)
6. Angus Mackey (NC)
7. Connor Hayes (BBC)
8. Linston Tuimavave (BSHS)
9. Will Stevens (BBC)
10. Oryaan Kaholo (BBC)
11. Athen Waia (NC)
12. Titi Nofoagatatoa (NC)
13. Christian Krause (IGS)
14. Trezman Banjo (NC)
15. Lukas Ripley (BBC)

16. Nathan Weir (IGS)
17. ?
18. Hugo Percival (BBC)
19. Charlie Condon (GT)
20. George Gibson (BBC)
21. Oscar Varricchio (NC)
22. Jack Kelly (BBC)
23. Kai Rahui (TGS)
I've been following a lot of the U15 season so I thought i'd make this
U15 Team of the season
1. Jake Tierney (BBC)
2. Aidan King (ACGS)
3. Johna Luka (NC)
4. Tom Duke (BSHS)
5. Tom Tronc (IGS)
6. Angus Mackey (NC)
7. Connor Hayes (BBC)
8. Linston Tuimavave (BSHS)
9. Will Stevens (BBC)
10. Oryaan Kaholo (BBC)
11. Athen Waia (NC)
12. Titi Nofoagatatoa (NC)
13. Christian Krause (IGS)
14. Trezman Banjo (NC)
15. Lukas Ripley (BBC)

16. Nathan Weir (IGS)
17. ?
18. Hugo Percival (BBC)
19. Charlie Condon (GT)
20. George Gibson (BBC)
21. Oscar Varricchio (NC)
22. Jack Kelly (BBC)
23. Kai Rahui (TGS)

I suggest you watch a few more games.
Jake Tierney is not a prop, he is a Hooker.
James Peace of BGS has been the best LH
Blayke Pearson Adams the best TH
Aiden King at Hooker.
The BBC locks have been outstanding all year.
Both tireless work horses.
George Gibson is the most athletic Backrower in the comp
and should play at 6.
Tronc is the pick at 8.
The best 7 in the GPS comp is Anthony Busswell,
then Angus Dilman of GT, kye Johnston of BSHS
Will Stevens has been strong at 9.
Walker of IGS would be my pick at 10.
Oryaan Kalolo is a better 12 than 10
Jack Howarth is the find of the GPS season.
He is the main reason BBC have gone undefeated this season.
Lucas Ripley is an exceptional talent and would be first picked at 15.
There are a number of outside backs that could slot in.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here's an easy list. I'll keep updating as I find more

1. Aran Speldewinde (NC 2013)
2. Jean-Charl Smith (NC 2014)
3. Tiaontin Raoren (BBC 2015)
4. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC 2015)
5. Tony Raoren (BBC 2016)
6. Cullen Ngamanu (BBC 2017)
7. Solomon Stone (BBC 2017)
8. Xavier Vela-Tupuhi (BBC 2017)
9. Waiwai Raoren (BBC 2018)
10. Campbell Parata (TSS 2018)
11. Reesjan Pasitoa (NC 2019)
12. Oryaan Kalolo (BBC 2019) future First XV player*
13. Kaleb Ngamanu (TSS 2020) future First XV player*
Nice research King.
Well done to NC, BBC and TSS on tapping into the SA, PI and NZ ex-pat rugby community in WA.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Good luck to all teams heading into today's last round, the following is a list of undefeated or top of the table teams:

1st XV
TSS & NC (1 loss each)

16A
TSS undefeated (2 wins clear)

15A
BBC undefeated (2 wins clear)

14A
IGS undefeated (1 draw - loss today-unlikely- and BBC with 1 loss could equal or go past)

13A
BBC undefeated (1 win clear of BSHS)

12A
BGS undefeated (next BBC 1loss & 1 draw)

11A
NC undefeated 1 win clear GT

Cracking day for good rugby - and I have enjoyed the good banter all year...Warren I hope the boys left you alone in jail mate.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS TEAM OF THE SEASON
1. Egan Siggs (TGS)
2. Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
3. Emile Tuimavave (BGS)
4. Harry Wilson (GT)
5. Trevor Hosea (BBC)
6. Cam Howard (GT)
7. Thomas Kibble (BBC)
8. TGS Number 8 (headgear)
9. Phoenix Hunt (NC)
10. Campbell Parata (TSS)
11. Glenn Vahiu (GT)
12. Noah Lolesio (TSS)
13. Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
14. Hamiso Tabuai (BGS)
15. Jangala Bennett (NC)
I like the team but as a wise person once wrote, "sometimes I think we sort too soon". I would say we could probably name another team and a half that could compete with that one - as long as both had Parata at 5/8. It's been a good even season. I'm looking forward to seeing who goes on in the next few years.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I like the team but as a wise person once wrote, "sometimes I think we sort too soon". I would say we could probably name another team and a half that could compete with that one - as long as both had Pareta at 5/8. It's been a good even season. I'm looking forward to seeing who goes on in the next few years.

Don't disagree but I think the team with Nonggor and Parata wins.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter 42 Sep. 09.jpg

X-Factor

Frank Row (1)
Boom Crash,

As you suggest SOSJBW to watch more games you might need to listen to your own advice.

Tronc has not played a game at 8. He is a lock.

Blake Pearson-Adams has been LH this season - Morgan Jones has packed down at TH.

As the club coach of some of the surprise packages I would expect you to know how to spell their names properly.

Goodluck today skip.

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
Boom Crash,

As you suggest SOSJBW to watch more games you might need to listen to your own advice.

Tronc has not played a game at 8. He is a lock.

Blake Pearson-Adams has been LH this season - Morgan Jones has packed down at TH.

As the club coach of some of the surprise packages I would expect you to know how to spell their names properly.

Goodluck today, skip.

X factor or is it Skip?

You are correct I did get the Props back the front.
What I have seen of Tronc I would play him at 8 with Duke as a back up.

I am not a coach. I am parent of a boy in the Age group.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.