• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What happened to kriukelis? Did he Call it a day?

Ben Adams will be a very welcome addition considering there is no blomfield this year.

Do you know if rota setu will be back or is he enjoying japan?
Ben Adams has picked up a 7's contract so it will be interesting to see how much club rugby he plays in 2013.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of them, I hope Wests go really well next year. After 2006 they seem to have dropped and this should be their chance to get stuck in and take the Hospital Cup back to Sylvan Road. With that being said, Brothers might have a tough season ahead.
I had a good chat to Scott Allen on Friday night at the Xmas drinks. By the sounds of it lots of good work is being done at the Kennel, both off and on the field. I am hopeful that they get some good results in 2013 as it would be great to get to round 18 with 6-8 teams still in the running for finals.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So what are the preseason 7's & 10's tourneys around South East Queensland that the Brissie Premier grade teams will get ready for the 2013 season?

Is there still a 10's tourney down at Currumbin on the Coast?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Care to elaborate on these changes you heard of at Sylvan Road Jets?
It was in regards to the culture they are trying to create amongst the players and a focus on competition between players for places in the team. Also from the sounds of it they have picked up a few good quality players.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
When does preseason start back up for everyone?
I guess most clubs will play 3 weeks of trial before the Easter break hen season kick off on April 6th

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I know Norths, Easts, Souths & Wests are all playing each other in the trials as part of the Compass Cup. Not to sure if there's an actual trophy or If ats just the name given, but should provide some quality matches

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Word on the street is that Mitch Wade is not the only Uni player to defect to the bulldogs

Tim Mosey is back down at the Kennel

But I'd hardly call that a defection considering his history down at Sylvan Rd.

I wonder if he will reclaim his kicking duties which saw him post 2 consecutive 200 point seasons in 06 & 07? Benfield Lachbury started the year as a formidable kicker in 2012 but lost the responsibility to Devon Smith after some pretty bad displays with the boot around the mid way mark.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I see Will Tuffley has moved to Hong Kong. While not in the top team at Uni this year he was a pretty handy player and had over 100 caps from memory.

I wouldn't be surprised if more former students went to Sylvin Rd looking for opportunity. They have a plethora of talent.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank start training next Tuesday. They would have to be the last club to start. It will be interesting if it has an effect on their early season form.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sunny bank should be fine. Rode (cycled) by the club before Xmas and saw a bunch of grown men pumping weights to some hectic hip hop beats

Plus half the premier team of the dragons is holding tackle bags against the reds (I.e reds academy) I an sure they are In good enough shape to hit the preseason ground running.

Btw I'm flabbergasted at some of the dragons at the reds college when I don't see the name Shane Seiuli (spelling) On the reds website , guess the reds think they are sorted at the wing department coz he was easily one of dragons beat players in 2012

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Shane had to weigh up the option of working for money or holding up a tackle bag for free and took the first option. I've seen him in the guy at the club a bit so he is doing the hard work.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ray Stowers seems to be headed back to Norths this year and having a decent crack at playing top grade footy again. I believe he last played Prems there in 2008 (could be wrong) before coming to GPS and playing for a few years, then he took some time off and came back to play in lower grades at GPS in 2012 but could have easily played higher. He will be a strong addition to the Norths backrow if he gets fitness and form back.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sam Grasso is apparently back in Brisbane after a year in Sydney, spent injured, and will be playing for GPS.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Will be very interesting to see how the Halfback battle goes at GPS then with Malolua and probably ben meehan rocking up......

Anyone know how Luke Beauchamp is going? can we expect to see the lad back on the paddock this season?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I wonder if any premier grade matches will be reds curtain raisers this season. I know it's not fair for all clubs getting a chance to play at Suncorp but without the individual bye weeks integrated into the comp u can only hope for a rain postponement if u wanna go check out other mathes other then your own club.

Status
Not open for further replies.