• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Come out and watch our Premier Colts play Sunnybank this Sunday at 1:25pm, TT.

It'll give you a chance to watch the young talent play and more importantly, your final chance to abuse Brothers in 2014. ;)

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I think my treatment of Brothers has been quite tempered in 2014!!

I don't think I'll make it on Sunday but wish the young Filth all the best.

I hope your boys can get that Premiership that you should have won with that 2013 colts team.

Boog

Frank Row (1)
Is McIntyre the best young #10 in QPR?

Others would clearly be:
Dagleish (spelling??) (Uni);
First (Snbk);
Tuttle (GPS);
Greene (Bros);

I think possibly in that order.

I think he is. Two years in Aus schoolboys and two years with Aus 20s is an exceptional representative achievement to have on your cv. Due to Mcintyres rep commitments we haven't seen his game play week after week. The games I have seen him play he has proven to be an absolute asset in the structure of the side, execution of the game plan, a play maker and taking the ball to the line. I agree with the rest of your list but not in that order. I would place Dalgliesh last. Whilst Greene has a great boot, his game play especially defence lets him down, and has been referred to in previous posts as a turnstile in defence, but I would still place him higher than Dalgliesh who is very much a stand and deliver player. Am impressed by Third and being a young gun has a big future. Tuttle does the job required, haven't seen anything special from him though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Come out and watch our Premier Colts play Sunnybank this Sunday at 1:25pm, TT.

It'll give you a chance to watch the young talent play and more importantly, your final chance to abuse Brothers in 2014. ;)
:pNa if he's desperate to abuse the Filth one last time I believe your Normanby cup team is in final next week FR!! How I'll never know,I went down to Logan and watched major semi on friday and watched them win with another fucken uncontested scrum game. Believe they haven't contested a scrum all year, know it happened last year, and it considered a fair way to play the game over here in Aus, but it still gives me the shits big time, so can only hope they get smashed in final against whoever they play:mad:!!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is McIntyre the best young #10 in QPR?

Others would clearly be:
Dagleish (spelling??) (Uni);
First (Snbk);
Tuttle (GPS);
Greene (Bros);

I think possibly in that order.
Watched them in the semi's when all 4 played and I would say the uni pivot got the points on that day.
It was the first time I saw McIntyre live. Seems like a good player and well rounded but his defence was a bit of an issue a few times. Top level passing game. I really hope he can go on with it as we need more top level 10's. The NRC is right up his ally.
I have watched Jimmy Dalgleish all year and he is the best defender by a mile and controls the game very well. The only game uni lost this year was when jimmy got knocked out in the first 5 and couldn't play on. Pretty impressive for a colt. He will probably have more of a learning role in the NRC this year but has a lot of good footy a head of him.
Tuttle looks like he will have the goods as well and should be hirer up the list IMHO. Plays at the line really well and the difference between GPS with and without is huge which always a good sign of a 10.
Greene is great in attack and kicking game from what I have seen is the best of the youngens. If his defence can improve the next level is a possibility. Not sure if that will happen though while he is defending on the wing or at fullback.
Only watched third in the early games but again has all the makings.
Will be an interesting battle for that Aussie 20's jersey with 3 high quality candidates from qld alone.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So which team is everyone tipping this weekend?

I'm backing the Bank for obvious reasons. But I still think Uni will be hard to beat.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Benny Taps not playing is a massive loss though. I guess Rex will move one in but a big loss. Ben was terrific last weekend.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Rex will stay at 13 with Henry Taefu playing 12 if he is cleared after last weekend being taken off on a stretcher.

T

Tigers Tale

It won't make any difference who lines up in #12 & #13 for Sunnybank because the result will be determined in the forwards.

If Uni forwards can't stand up to what Sunnybank will throw at them then the game will be won then and there but I hope they do and it comes down to a titanic forward tussle - score line of 13-12 (don't know which way).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and its going to be a wet one, possibly a little wild and windy too, if early reports prove accurate.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I really should watch the games. Was busy doing a Uni assignment. Will pay close attention this week.

T

Tigers Tale

Don't write Uni off - any pack which contains Wade, McDurling, Buchanan, Browning, Mitchelll cannot be without a chance.

T

Tigers Tale

But if Sunnybank defence matches their 2nd round win they'll so the Hospital Cup.

Uni probably deserve it having only lost one game to Snbk and one draw with Easts.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
uni v bank.PNG

Teams for this weekend for anyone who hasn't seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.