• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is James Dalgleish now in the Brisbane City team? Is that new? Wonder if he's been picked over Greene.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting reading of the squads for Sunday. Korczyk (Reds A, Brisbane City) made only the bench for Reserves. Tactical or he is leaving Uni next season?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
He will be on the bench for both I would imagine.
Also be very surprised if he is going anywhere unless it's too another franchise.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts take out 4th Grade GF with a 43-0 win over Souths.

Coached by Denis Owens & including former Prem Grade players Lachlan Walker, Dave Lucas, Coen Ladwig, Sean Fell.

Lachlan Walker 3 premierships in 6 years after prem grade premierships in 2008 & 2013.

Souths v Uni now in 3rd grade.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Great to hear!^

Only time you'll hear me saying this, but well done Norths! It's really good to see!

And congrats to your bhoys as well, TT!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. You can hear me on that link. But there will also be live stream of the final (in fact all finals today) via the reds home page and their YouTube player.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yep. You can hear me on that link. But there will also be live stream of the final (in fact all finals today) via the reds home page and their YouTube player.
Cheers Reg.

Will check out the YT player. Might sample a bit of both audio and video feeds. :cool:

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just watched the Colts GF - Ref has arm in the air on the final play to award Brothers a penalty, then plays advantage to sunnybank who score to draw (and win). Was questioned by the Brothers 10 "You had your arm in the air" Ref "No i did not". Hard done by.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Just watched replay The ref puts his arm out for Blue advantage, full time is up. Several of the Brothers players stop and then he plays on and the Bank score in the corner. Apparently says he made a mistake with the advantage call and states he then called out play on. If so then correct ruling is back to a scrum for green feed.

A. Camplin

Bob McCowan (2)
Uni win 20-18 over Sunnybank with penalty from 35m out after the siren.
Interestingly the game ended up going to uncontested scrums but this had little to no impact on the result.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
What a day of rugby! Premiers final to Uni on the buzzer. Lucky they escaped with the win after being dominated in forwards for the majority of the game. Some questionable coaching decision almost costed them a title! Pincus -Tony Shaw medal winner for nerves from steel I guess. Best on the field: Tasi, Gill and Parker,McDulling.

Ruski2003

Bob McCowan (2)
Can someone in the know (rugbyreg or Scott Allen) please clarify why uni had to go to 14 when all their front rowers were injured? I found it rather puzzling....

Ruski2003

Bob McCowan (2)
Just watched the Colts GF - Ref has arm in the air on the final play to award Brothers a penalty, then plays advantage to sunnybank who score to draw (and win). Was questioned by the Brothers 10 "You had your arm in the air" Ref "No i did not". Hard done by.
I'd go as far as saying the filth were robbed - you can't signal advantage to the defending team and then say play on...

T

Tigers Tale

We'll done to Uni - best team all year and deserve the premiership but what a way to win a GF!!!

Can anyone from GPS confirm we're their Reserves undefeated premiers? Regardless they too were the best res grade side by a street

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Congratulations QRU on your bullshit rule not to play extra time.

Cheers for costing Brothers another chance at a Premier Colts title.

Status
Not open for further replies.