• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I apologise for putting shit on Greene & Genia it is just based on their Reds A performances this year that were well below acceptable.

I have nothing to say SX/Filth if you dish it out you have to take it.

I think I am on record as saying I was happy to see Anae & Greene return to their junior clubs.

Anae may have had a change of mind from what I'm hearing.

T

Tigers Tale

Joel might be looking slight but you can't beat natural ability and speed.

Don't do it Albert - why leave Souths who will be a top 4 side and go to a side that will finish 5!!!

T

Tigers Tale

Of Filth's Sydney Uni line-up the crazy thing is that about 7 of them do play their club rugby for Sydney Uni.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Jets, I did hear as well that a lot of players who were all heading 'home' to souths decided had changed there minds...
Also throwing it out there does anyone have any hot tips for break out players this year at their respective clubs?
I mean players who aren't currently in any rep programs but you feel are up for a massive season??
Also has anyone taken on the mantle for the tipping comp?

clubland

Bob McCowan (2)
Jets, I did hear as well that a lot of players who were all heading 'home' to souths decided had changed there minds.
Also throwing it out there does anyone have any hot tips for break out players this year at their respective clubs?
I mean players who aren't currently in any rep programs but you feel are up for a massive season??

Would love to know all these players are supposed to be.Can't recall too many leaving.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Would love to know all these players are supposed to be.Can't recall too many leaving.

Well jets has stated that Anae is odds on to stay at the Bank, while it was discussed on this forum that wests had some players head chippsy wood way only to either return to Sylvan Rd or head to different clubs.
It's not indictment on Souths if anything i take it as a sign that Competition for spots is rampant there, hence why I have said they are my smokey for the GF.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Courier Mail saying Brandon, Krelle and Riley all starting.

TT or Student, is Krelle still working FIFO? He was very good for us a two seasons back, handy person to have every week.

T

Tigers Tale

T12 - not sure about Krelle's work commitments but he did play most of the second half of 2013 in Reserve Grade.

I think he'll wear the #15 this weekend, and Joel Faulkner the #14.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Faulkner was great to watch when he was younger. Still remember him at the 16's National Championships at Nudgee. Scored a great try in one of the games.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
We'll be giving away some pace out the back with Krelle in the 15 jersey though he does bring with him an excellent kicking game. What happened to your prediction of Manny Bell playing fullback TT? Do you think it's just a go with what you know thing playing Krelle?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
He's not coming - he's staying in Sydney for birth of a his child. If that person you are interested in seeing is Tom Carter. A shame but glad he's not because they'll be very strong and Easts are going to have to play out of their skins. But still have a core of very determined individuals in Kimmince, Randell, Sanday, Mullins, Brandon, White, Wilder and my mail is that Joel Faulkner will play.

I don't see the students changing much from the side that ran out against Eastwood in last weeks trial. The team is yet to be confirmed but on that day the squad is as follows;

1. Mike Wells
2. James Willan
3. Rhys Brodie
4. Liam Winton
5. Byron Hodge
6. Tom Boidin (c)
7. Ben Melrose
8. Hugo Dessens
9. Jake Gordon
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. James Dargaville
12. James McMahon
13. Chris Ingate
14. Sam English
15. Jack Macklin

A few players may be added into the mix including regular 1st graders Stefano Hunt and David Hickey returning from injury, Sam Talakai has been apart of the Gen blue side and will probably feature but Tom Carter seems to be staying put. Depending on the Waratahs departure plans to South Africa after their Friday night fixture a few could be late inclusions for Uni before heading abroad.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jets, I did hear as well that a lot of players who were all heading 'home' to souths decided had changed there minds.

I'm half way through a season preview following the launch yesterday arvo. I asked each coach (or club rep) this question, and will include in the preview. Out hopefully tonight, possibly tomorrow.

T

Tigers Tale

SOTG - Manny Bell - I can't get them all right all of the time. I think he'll be on the bench this Saturday and they probably just went for Krelle's experience.

But I did give you the Joel Faulkner early mail!!

Krelle and Parry are the only survivors from 2009, they were both on the bench that night and Brando was in Japan/Ireland so Andrew Walker wore the #10.

T

Tigers Tale

Intruder - bring whoever you like the Easts lads will give them a tough hit out.

Despite both sides being down on their No.1 sides it will be a willing encounter with both sides playing desperate rugby.

Will any of that trial side you listed be in Canberra for the Aust U20s?

T

Tigers Tale

Good work Reg - we all look forward to it.

Nice piece on Bond Uni from Jimmy Tucker this morning would be great to keep seeing a bit of Premier Rugby coverage in the courier mail. Maybe he could give a few lines each Friday or Saturday and mention the games for the weekend's round. Easier said than done in the modern world.

And if SX will pardon me to get a little historical for once:
In the late 1970s/1980s the club rounds were advertised on the bottom of the Courier-Mail's Saturday Back (Sports) page!

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Intruder - bring whoever you like the Easts lads will give them a tough hit out.

Despite both sides being down on their No.1 sides it will be a willing encounter with both sides playing desperate rugby.

Will any of that trial side you listed be in Canberra for the Aust U20s?

I wouldn't think many of the 20s will head over. I believe they have a fixture this week sometime. Has the Easts lineup been finalised yet ?

T

Tigers Tale

Intruder the Aust U20s kickoff in Canberra tomorrow and runs 22-26 March 2014. QLD, NSW, Southern States and Tonga.

Reda A v Argentina play final of the Pacific Rugby Cup in Sydney on Sunday - there will surely be a huge crowd at that one!!!

Easts announce their side at the season launch tonight but it will be pretty much like the one I listed a few pages back.

Easts have the following unavailable due to Reds A:
Paraka (2012-13 Aust U20s) #1
Ready (2013 Aust U20s) #2
Enever #4
Seuteni #12 (2012-13 Aust U20s) - injured

Qld U20s:
Gunn #7 (Aust SB 2012)
Placid #15 (2013 Aust U20s)
Fatal #5
Deck #9 (Aust SB 2012)

They have also lost Butler #8(Brumbies), Stolberg#4(Canberra), Bertini #6(retired), Cox #11(study) from their GF side.

Only 6 from their GF side will run out:
Sanday #3 (formerly of Sydney Uni);
Randell #2
Mullins #9
Brandon #10
White #13
Wilder #14

But no excuses the XV that takes the park will give a good account of themselves, the club & Qld Rugby.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
After watching the easts vs wests trial match I would have to say easts are in good nick despite not fielding a full lineup......the value of having a 9/10 combination that have an almost telepathic understanding of each other can never be over estimated add that to the fact they have a 13 who consistently makes the gain line and your halfway there

Status
Not open for further replies.