• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
And with that being said, Bond Uni away is always an interesting fixture. Most teams seem to struggle in the first half. But I definitely don't underestimate the Coast, especially in the Colts.

T

Tigers Tale

Excellent recap crusher. Refereeing seems to be a problem all over QPR at the moment and it needs to be sorted out earlier rather than later

It won't get any better it's poor at S15 so we can't expect it to be better in QPR - it's the same for both teams so you just have to manage to take the Refs out of the equation- easier said than done but swings and round abouts it tends to even themselves out over course of a season or two.

Easts loss wasn't because of the Ref it was because Souths were better on the day and that's Rugby.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think referees are crooked one eyed brown paper bag accepting mugs but I've come to learn not to publically be critical of their performance because at the end of the day no one enjoys someone blaming others.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
I watched the first half of the game Wests v Norths prems and thought that Wests were superior in most departments. However they will miss their fly half in the coming weeks, he didn't look good coming off midway through the first half with what looked like severe hamstring injury. I watched the reggies for the whole game and witnessed some mystifying decisions by the ref. One particular decision where Wests player made big break and was caught 10 metres out by lone Norths player, Wests player laid ball back and released the ball then stood up and reclaimed the ball as Wests cavalry came and formed ruck over the ball. Wests player was penalised for not releasing??????? The game was a draw.

T

Tigers Tale

I think referees are crooked one eyed brown paper bag accepting mugs but I've come to learn not to publically be critical of their performance because at the end of the day no one enjoys someone blaming others.

I agree SX nothing to be gained from berating Referees so as Wayne Bennett says "don't get bitter just get better".

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think coach Pat Richards may need to get on the same page as Wayne Bennett if his "performance" at the end of the game on Saturday is any example of attitude to referees.

It is OK to be bewildered by some decisions and to query interpretations so that those mistakes aren't made the next time your team has that ref but to storm onto the field at fulltime and confront the ref before he has had time to catch his breath and before he has even had time to sign the team sheet is poor form in MHO.

What makes it even poorer form is that I believe that the penalty count probably favoured Easts throughout the match by about three times to one. (Haven't got the final count or seen the full replay to do an absolute accurate count as yet.)

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse - you have made your point twice now about Pat Richards - I agree & hope that in the light of day that he regrets his actions at full time and apologises to the Referee.

It will be interesting next time Referee Moore has a Tigers game. I wonder whether they will send Moore out to Sylvan Road this Saturday when the 5th place Bulldogs will start as favourites against the 7th placed Tigers!!

SX/TD - I appreciate that I may in fact be repeating myself here trying to secure the underdog tag (pardon the pun) for the Tigers!!

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I saw the "Cheese Factory" comment - please!!

Those that frequent the Hill, the hut and the Western mound at Crosby aren't necessarily shrinking violets my friend.

Well done to your boys on the 2 from 2 start to the season.

Top four of Uni, Brothers, South, GPS has a historical look about it. Has the Order of Right of Qld Club Rugby been restored?

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Probably need more fans down at Bond Uni, Crusher. The ref seems to hand out more yellow cards when the crowd is vocal and drunk. Bottomley Park is the cheese factory.

Hahahaha Filth we do need more voices down there but given no one in local club rugby likes the old Breakers regime and all associated with it, cannot see things changing too soon.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
And with that being said, Bond Uni away is always an interesting fixture. Most teams seem to struggle in the first half. But I definitely don't underestimate the Coast, especially in the Colts.

Unfortunately Bond happens to be the side that struggles the most in the first half no matter who they are playing!!!!

It was hoped they may show the sort of 2nd half effort similar to the previous week against Jeeps where they won the 2nd half 15-3 but it was not to be. Full credit to Brothers though on being too good and regardless of my thoughts on the standard of refereeing it was NOT the reason Bond lost the game.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I always recall GC being strong in the mid 2000s, what happened after that, Crusher? I think they were in about 4 straight finals with even Garrick Morgan at 37 or 39 years of age running on. I even think old Dell had a run around for them.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Great to see you are so supportive refabit but they will continue to play as Filth has outlined and they didn't suffer a humiliating loss last week but its early days. I for one was critical of how they would perform but from what I have seen and from what I am hearing from various sources the transfer of the management of the rugby program to Bond has been a positive for all involved and although this year you may not see the benefits of the transition, they may not be the whipping boys you make them out to be.

I would love to see them being competitive. It hurts the whole comp if some teams are seen as the "bye".
I actually think they are on the way up.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Warhorse - what roll is Ian Cameron playing at the Nest this year?

Ian doesn't hold an official position e.g. Committee member, coach or manager but as a Life Member and as he has done for many years, Ian is always available to assist where ever and when ever possible.

T

Tigers Tale

Camo is one of the great men associated with club rugby in Brisbane.

He was missed at the bar at Bottomley on Saturday.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Filth but early doors mate.

I know one thing if they do drop Wests or Norths before Easter I wouldn't want to get too close to the coach.

But I think the loss to Souths will bring them back down to earth, and make them very hungry for the Bulldogs this Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how many loyal Bulldog fans get out there on Saturday after their last start win??

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Red, that was an awesome hit but that big guy was basically sitting in the sunnybank back line! On another note though, how good were the skills from the no. 8???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Prop just stood his ground and took the opportunity - not sure how the halfback didn't see him though. Fitzy does cast quite a shadow. Credit to the Sunnybank half though - it took him a while but he got up and finished the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.