• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Jonah really has filled out since last year. Has a very strong build on him for his age.

ALSO our Australian under 20's players are. Michael Gunn (Easts), Jonah Placid (Easts), Tom Banks (Uni), Jake McIntyre (Sunnybank), Scott Gale (Uni), Alifeliti Kaitu’u (Souths) and Jack Payne (Brothers)

No Sam Greene??

Yeh Interestingly no Sam Green, however I can understand that with Lacey, Burton and Mcintyre all returning from last year.

I was also surprised that Tom Moloney didn't make the cut...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeh Interestingly no Sam Green, however I can understand that with Lacey, Burton and Mcintyre all returning from last year.

I was also surprised that Tom Moloney didn't make the cut.

Apparently he (Greene) had a few shockers at the National Trials from what I have read.

Filth you'd be happy knowing you've got him available for you lot now!

T

Tigers Tale

Filth its on the QRU website - link below.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Article...ders-named-in-Australian-Under-20s-Squad.aspx

Looks like you will be seeing more of Sam Greene than you would have anticipated!!

How do you rate his chances of being the leading points scorer again?

I think he scored 212 points last year, 17 more than Matt Brandon (195) which was an amazing effort in a team that finished 7th. His points included 9 tries which was where he got the jump on Brandon(3).

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I feel like this question has been asked before but what happened to Jake Milne at brothers?
TT I am not sure what if they flyhalf is out after coming off injured last week and Nigel Genia is suspended still.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks TD - it's a shame Nigel is suspended I would have enjoyed seeing a head to head battle with Jack Mullins.

T

Tigers Tale

I think both Placid and Greene would still be eligible for U20s next year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
TT, you have spoken about the struggles of your scrum in recent weeks...What happened to that Parker who played prop in the finals series for you?

T

Tigers Tale

Unfortunately Andrew Parker and his younger brother Michael have returned to Townsville.

Andrew played in the Major Semi and came off the bench in the GF.

Michael was on the bench for the Major Semi.

Both big losses as they were very handy club players. The scrum lost little when Andrew came on.

Andrew joined us at the start of the 2011 and as a result ended up with the nickname "Yasi" after the cyclone early that year, so when Michael turned up at the start of 2013 he predictably got "Oswald".

T

Tigers Tale

TD our scrum won't struggle this weekend with Kimmince, Ready, Sanday, Enever, Riley in the tight 5.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Souths V GPS, game of the round? I reckon Souths will get the chocolates. I also think Souths will remain undefeated until Round 4.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
Yes Greene will not be eligible for under 20 next year as he spent two years in year 12 and is 20 this year. I will reserve my judgement if Brothers play him as first choice Prem Fly half. It was all very well to be first choice at Wests but there are / were some really good flyhalfs at brothers last year and I would presume that they haven't gone away. Young Sam might have a battle on his hands to get the nod in Prems as first choice fly half. Although he might go well with some better service from a good scrum half. I think there are scrum halfs in Prems that are better than young Nigel. If you selected on form Nigel would not get a gong at Wests at the moment he would be behind Tim Smith and he might find himself in reggies

T

Tigers Tale

TOR has some good points here - if Greene doesn't get first crack at #10 for Brothers he may well make the trip back to Sylvan Road, Yoku Rd, etc.

Let's hope this doesn't trigger a new "where will he play" saga!!

Would you welcome him back TD/SX?

T

Tigers Tale

Missing person- Manasa Rokosuka!!!

Has anyone seen him - he took himself from the field just after half time in Saturday's Reserve Grade game against his former club - Souths - and hasn't been seen at Tigerland since.

I wonder whether he'll be back or will he head back to the Nests???

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Missing person- Manasa Rokosuka!!!

Has anyone seen him - he took himself from the field just after half time in Saturday's Reserve Grade game against his former club - Souths - and hasn't been seen at Tigerland since.

I wonder whether he'll be back or will he head back to the Nests???

Hey Tigers Tale, I am afraid that that is not unexpected. That's all I will say.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We agree, TT! The Greene speculation at the start of the year was excruciating, mostly for him I imagine.

Hats off to Mick Lee running around again, Wests supporters.
A true Wests man.

Easts scrum will be tested again. But I remember Kirwan being a good, solid scrummager, particular at tighthead.

T

Tigers Tale

Yes Filth - Kirwan is an Easts junior before you got your grubby hands on him a few years back.

He went to Nudgee and has also played for Sydney Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.