• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Easts 19 - Souths 7 at Easts today (Ground looked in good condition but it rained for most of the game)

Souths 7 - Easts 5 at half time.

Changes made by both teams at half time, but Souths didn't get the ball in their half for the whole 40min.

Easts have some exciting young guys who love having a crack. Their teenage 9 is briiliant

Reactions: vac

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Did not having those Perth guys swann into Premier grade last year and then leave the club disenfranchise guys that would otherwise play Prems at GPS.

Gee that premiership window can open and close quickly!!

Nah, they were good lads that bought into the club culture. They came over to Brisbane to play a higher level of club rugby and further their careers, which they have done (NRC for them all, AJ playing for Samoa because of his form). AJ and Maalonga did the preseason with the boys for another crack this season but got offered better gigs. Can't blame them for that.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So is the premiership window still open at Yoku road?

I am still ruing the number of replacements used in the minor semi last year.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Bulldogs won in first and second grade. Both teams won by margins greater then 20 points.

I previously had some concerns about Bulldogs this year losing their 2 electric wingers from last year to professional footy but I think they fielded a very good team yesterday.

Will be interesting to see how they fair against the Tigers next week.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Nah, they were good lads that bought into the club culture. They came over to Brisbane to play a higher level of club rugby and further their careers, which they have done (NRC for them all, AJ playing for Samoa because of his form). AJ and Maalonga did the preseason with the boys for another crack this season but got offered better gigs. Can't blame them for that.

Where did Longa go?

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
So is the premiership window still open at Yoku road?

I am still ruing the number of replacements used in the minor semi last year.

I don't think the window is closed. It will certainly be a different team, but I think the new boys along with a number of players from last years premiership winning Reggies team will fill those vacant roles nicely. Definitely have the makings of a team that will make finals.

Where did Longa go?

Fairly sure he has gone back to WA before he heads over to France? Not exactly sure sorry. Just know he has moved onto greener pastures.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't think the window is closed. It will certainly be a different team, but I think the new boys along with a number of players from last years premiership winning Reggies team will fill those vacant roles nicely. Definitely have the makings of a team that will make finals.

I have never considered Reggies success as the best form line in terms of First Grade (Prems) performance the year after. They are playing Reggies because they aren't as good as the guys in First grade.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
I have never considered Reggies success as the best form line in terms of First Grade (Prems) performance the year after. They are playing Reggies because they aren't as good as the guys in First grade.

I agree it's not a direct correlation, but don't you think is shows a promising amount of depth when both Prems and Reggies make the grand final in the same year? Especially when the core group have returned, new players have arrived and only few notables missing..

Do you not think there are players that might deserve a crack in the team above at your club? All rugby teams in existence have had to call on players from the team below for whatever reason. So if players (and the team) below are successful you'd expect it to be less of a jump in standards for those players moving up. Besides, we are not talking about a whole reserve grade team moving up to fill in at a Premier Grade level, just a select few to have a crack at certain available positions.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone got a team list for UQ this weekend in the Club Championships game ? And do we know if there is any form of live stream ?

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Report from the weekend at Brothers.

Third grade played UQ fairly easy win for Brothers; guessing final score was 30 something to say 7. Brothers fairly dominant all around the field.

Second grade was a much closer tussle. UQ I believe had 7-8 first graders, whilst Brothers had probably 2-3 potential first graders. Brothers had the best of the first half and lead the half 20-17(?), with UQ coming back well in the latter part of the half.

The second half was completely different; with a few changes from the first half (Brothers mainly) the tight 5 for UQ fired on all cylinders and the rest of the team followed. All of a sudden they were easily winning the line outs and pushing Brothers back with little effort in the scrum. This Lead to two (maybe 3) penalty tries.

Great effort from UQ particularly the tight 5 to run away with it 38-25 (?). Great hit out from both teams.

First grade saw a young Brothers team take on Canterbury FC side. Great skill shown from both teams, with Canterbury providing most of the go forward. Brothers held out for a nil all first half. Besides some dropped ball it was great rugby.

The Canterbury boys, some resembling the good ‘ol boys from deliverance (meant in good taste n fun), kept the Brothers boys honest with some more than playful moves.

I only watched half of the second half (had to drive to Toowoomba) however as I left Canterbury were ahead 7-5. Still good footy and a great hit out for both teams.

Any update on the final result is more than welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone got a team list for UQ this weekend in the Club Championships game ? And do we know if there is any form of live stream ?

Tom Mellor, Campbell Wakely, Hamish Richardson, Jay Adkins, Ben Paxton-Hall, Pat Morrey, Wyatt Setu, Jack de Guingand
Scott Gale, James Dalgleish, Will Eadie, Con Foley, Josh Birch, Clifton Setu, Jock Campbell.
Reserves: Aaron Pleash, SJ Tamala, James McColl, John Yates, Max Sing, Sam Dalgleish, Ed Gibson, Brad Twidale.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
UQ v Easts- Easts by 5. UQ will be a little battle sore after the weekend with a few new players will take them a while to gel.
Brothers V GPS- GPS by 12. Should be a cracking game but I think our boys will be firing and ready to go hard after last year's GF loss.
Sunnybank v Norths- Bank by 30. Bank will be way too strong for Norths, by the sounds of it Norths trial form has been pretty ordinary.
Bond v Wests- Bond by 8. Bond will be the big improvers this season. Will be a tight affair, but Bond to get the W.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
UQ v Easts- Easts by 5. UQ will be a little battle sore after the weekend with a few new players will take them a while to gel.
Brothers V GPS- GPS by 12. Should be a cracking game but I think our boys will be firing and ready to go hard after last year's GF loss.
Sunnybank v Norths- Bank by 30. Bank will be way too strong for Norths, by the sounds of it Norths trial form has been pretty ordinary.
Bond v Wests- Bond by 8. Bond will be the big improvers this season. Will be a tight affair, but Bond to get the W.

I think UQ will get up over Easts UQ to bounce back after the trip to Sydney.
GPS will get up over a tough Brothers outfit
Agree on the Bank but it will be a lot closer than 30
For mine Wests will be too strong for Bond who just seem to always be less than the sum of the parts.

Game on can't wait

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
UQ to get the chocolates over Easts (although Easts look good.)
Bretheren over GPS
Sunnybank by a lot,..... I think 30 is being kind.
And the Doggies for an early win.

Status
Not open for further replies.