• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

QPRRF

Frank Nicholson (4)
I was at that the Souths V Brothers Game and the game hinged on a couple of refereeing decisions that could have gone either. The crowd behavior was very very poor by the Brothers guys and unless they get that under control there will be issues before the season is out. Letting guys who have clearly been on the drink onto the field directly after the game is a recipe for disaster.
I was at the same game and Souths definitely didn’t get the decisions go there way at crucial times. Forward passes leading to try’s . And a clear try at the end which was right in front of there coaching. The linesman made the decision from 30m away and then got roasted by the coaches. Linesmen are a joke. Referring is fine. But to say the decisions were either way is rubbish. On a positive note I thought the atmosphere at brothers was really good and the fact is the moved the butchery away from the bar and confined it to a small area. Good on them. I sat in the bar in my black and whites with brothers fans and had a fat time.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the atmosphere at most grounds is great. I loved playing at Brothers, Easts and GPS when you would be copping it from the sideline from the old boys and lower grades players, made winning all the more enjoyable.

Even at the rowdy grounds there are always places you can watch the game from away from the rowdy crowds too, except on a couple of ladies days.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the atmosphere at most grounds is great. I loved playing at Brothers, Easts and GPS when you would be copping it from the sideline from the old boys and lower grades players, made winning all the more enjoyable.

Even at the rowdy grounds there are always places you can watch the game from away from the rowdy crowds too, except on a couple of ladies days.

Most of the grounds have the visitors benches positioned closest to the entrance of the clubhouse

Only Norths and Gold Coast would you find the home bench closest to the entrance of the clubhouse.

I don’t know how welcoming one would feel if the glue factory was just below the canteen/clubhouse at GPS. It’s best to keep all that rowdiness quarantined on opposite side of the field.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree SX but I still think Uni may come up a win short at the end of the season - which will be a relief for the top 4 teams.

Bros 9 wins;
GPS 8 (2 byes);
Sth 6;
Wests 5;
Easts 5;
Uni 4;
Bond 3;
Norths 2;
Snbk 2.

If 9 wins is the cut then Uni will need to win 5 from 6;

Wests & Easts 4 from 6. Wests loss to Snbk & Easts loss to Norths may well come back to bite them.

I believe that the pressure will be on Uni over the next 2 rounds v Souths & Wests. Drop one of those and they'll need 4/4 coming home including Brothers & GPS.

I won't call them out of it just yet but they are just holding on by the skin of their teeth.

Lose to Souths or Wests and I think they are as good as gone.

Bond sadly are gone as far as finals footy goes for 2019 but cannot be taken for granted in the run home.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sunnybank v Norths, 3:20pm, Oldmac Oval – Ladies Day (MATCH OF THE ROUND)

Sunnybank: Zachery Lee, Eli Fakailoatonga, Dave Feao, Josh Afu, Longo Ilangana, Fala Tuala, Joel Brown, Dillon Wihongi, Tui Nofoaiga, Haydn Sargeant, William Feeney, Larry Hermens, Nick Kepu, Kitone Toaono NG Lam, Liam McNamara

Coach: Evan Willis

Norths: Jack Kent, Cody Blackhurst, Dane Zander, Michael Jones, Jonathon Vandenhurk, Saula Vuaca, Michael Leary, Jordan Tuapou, Liam Prendergast, Nick Chapman, Jordan Luke, Tony Hunt, Conor Chittenden, Kegan Tuhega, Jayden Carroll

Coach: Luke Oxford

Wests v Brothers, 3:20pm, Sci-Fleet Stadium – Old Boys Day

Wests: Immanuel Navica, Bart Ritchie, Ausetalia Vaiomanu, Rob Puliuvea, Will Dearden, Jerry Lynch (c), Connor Anderson, Harry Higgins, Liam Dillon, Carter Gordon, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Liam Moseley, Cooper Whiteside

Coach: Pat Byron

Brothers: Garrath Ryan, Matt Faessler, Faa Lafaitele, Brad Kapa, Ryan Smith, Criff Tupou, Noah Nielsen, Rhys Martin, Rueben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Byron Ralston, Pat James (c), Seb Wileman, Sam Hyne, Lawson Creighton

Coach: Rod Seib

Bond University v GPS, 3:20pm, Bond University RFC

Bond University: Andrew Petelo, Nick Turner, Will Slipper, Matt Dalton, Zach Moimoi, Dylan Rowe, Connor Pritchard, Luke Papworth, Harry Nucifora (c), Mitch Third, Gus Qasevakatini, Franklin Calugay, Dan Boardman, Maxwell Dowd, Joey Fittock

Coach: Grant Anderson

GPS: Jethro Felemi, Troy Simkin, Fred Burke, Oliver Bartlett, Dan Gorman (c), Tuaina Tualima, Tom Kibble, Michael Richards, Jordan Lenac, DP de Lange, Jono Kent, Steve Hunt, Maalonga Konelio, Alex Samoa, Pat Nicholson

Coach: Elwee Prinsloo

Souths v University of Queensland, 3:20pm, Chipsy Wood Oval

Souths: Clinton Malolua, Sean Farrell, Jake Simeon, Jacob McKellar, Declan Dinnen, Josateki Murray, Bradley Kelegai, Rodney Pita, Jake Strachan, Mika Tela, Abele Atunaisa, Raphael Evalu (c), Emori Waqavulagi, Jason Hofmeyr

Coach: Elia Tuqiri

University of Queensland: Sam Mellor, Tom Mellor, Singcho Tamala, Pat Morrey, Ben Paxton-Hall, Adam Korczyk, Gustav de Jager, Sam Wallis, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Sam Edwards, TJ Siakisini, Brad Twidale, Kalala Meni, Alex Horan

Coach: Mick Heenan

B

Bobby Sands

Who is Gustav de Jager??

Appears to have been in the Blue Bulls academy..

Not that we need 7s, but is Super Rugby good?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Good to see Troy Simkin getting Premier Grade starts for GPS. He’s probably played in every team from Colts 2 all the way to Prems over the last 5 years. Really worked hard and is being rewarded, great bloke and clubman as well.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Dave Feao back in QPR?

I hope the Norths loosehead eats his Weeetbix and says a few prayers tomorrow morning.
I hear he's back from Leicester Tigers and just getting in some game time before going into camp with Tonga for the rugby world cup .... Good luck to the Norths prop indeed ..

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Surely you didn’t back against UQ Jets !

They could cause quite a stir to the back end of the comp .

What are the FT scores?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
You can't write off Uni or Bond just yet.

Table after today's results all but # (2 byes) have played 11

Bros 45
GPS 36 #
Souths 26
Wests 26
Uni 23
Easts 22#
Bond 21
Snbk 14
Norths 10 #

It is going to be s great race home for finals spots, probably with Bond & Uni springing upsets today it is probably 7 teams in the hunt for 4 finals spots. Got to love QPR.

Despite a cruel loss today the doggies are still very much in that race.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
You can't write off Uni or Bond just yet.

Table after today's results all but # (2 byes) have played 11

Bros 45
GPS 36 #
Souths 26
Wests 26
Uni 23
Easts 22#
Bond 21
Snbk 14
Norths 10 #

It is going to be s great race home for finals spots, probably with Bond & Uni springing upsets today it is probably 7 teams in the hunt for 4 finals spots. Got to love QPR.

Despite a cruel loss today the doggies are still very much in that race.
Doggies to 3rd with a better for and against ;) but what a day of rugby around the grounds with some great scores. Eagles just gone down by 1 :/

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
At some stage of ever game today the lower ranked team (table) were in front.

Upsets for Bond & Uni;
Brothers in the 83rd minute;
Snbk by 1.

Great round of games but gutting result at the Kennel.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Doggies to 3rd with a better for and against ;) but what a day of rugby around the grounds with some great scores. Eagles just gone down by 1 :/

No first criteria is number of games won Sths 6 Wests 5 rather than F & A which is 4 & 106 respectively so Souths 3rd Wests 4th at present.

F&A is the second criteria.

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
At some stage of ever game today the lower ranked team (table) were in front.

Upsets for Bond & Uni;
Brothers in the 83rd minute;
Snbk by 1.

Great round of games but gutting result at the Kennel.

Brothers left between 4-6 tries on the park from dropped ball in front of an open line. The score line could have been massive. Terrible words those: "could have". The fact is the Dogs shut things down repeatedly. The extra "3 minutes' were consumed by 21 phases of amazing defence by the Dogs and equally relentless grind by Brothers.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Do GPS have a rotation policy in this with their backs or do injuries keep happening?

It seems to be a mixture of De Lange/Tavita/Horomia/Hunt and a few others slotting into 10/12 each week. Hard to get combinations set.

Status
Not open for further replies.