• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Reds 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lindommer said:
Lindommer said:
This COULD be a good move for Queensland rugby, but only if the QRU announces two coaches at, or about, the same time: Knuckles and the coach to follow him...Let's look at Queensland's options:

4. McGahan. Never underestimate the pull of coming home for a Brisbane boy. The major problem here is, of course, money: Munster could guarantee a shitload more than the QRU. Family circumstances could dictate what he does next.

6. Meehan. See 4, McGahan. Substitute Bath for Munster.

Meehan is doing about as well with Bath as Knuckles did. When Knuckles was the Bath coach a mate of mine within its establishment chronicled to me the steady downfall of that team. He is now sending me remarkably similar messages about Meehan.

FFS. SANZAR rugby is vastly superior to Eurotrash. Is it reasonable to say that SANZAR has superior coaches to those in Yurope? Yes, it is. So, shouldn't teams within SANZAR be looking for coaching expertise from within that area? You bet your ass they should.

S

Spook

Link is now favourite. It'll be good if he can get the QLD forwards working.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In the podcast, they were talking about recruiting and playing styles, I found it interesting how much focus he spends on it and the attitudes of new players being so important to fit.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Please please please please can they get Link to coach the Reds. I will cry if Connolly is given the job.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
My theory is that Connolly is the foil for Link. McCall sort of gave it away with the "Connolly at bottom of the list" comment earlier.

i.e. "There are only two candidates, if you don't go with Link, you get the dinosaur. Who do you want?"

G

Geronimo

I'll back Link at this stage. hopefully will be announced soon to put everybody out of their misery. There seems to be a feeling against Knuckles, I don't really remember too much about him when he was with the Reds

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
this is a great signing by the reds, wouldnt be surprised to see a few tahs heading that way next year. hopefully he gets the backing to get the job done.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Have to say, Link was probably the right choice. Especially if Foley in 1 years time could not be guaranteed.

Getting a backs coach with a lot of say in the team make up and tactics is now very, very important.

A top line defence coach wouldn't go astray, either.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
this is a great signing by the reds, wouldnt be surprised to see a few tahs heading that way next year. hopefully he gets the backing to get the job done.
Oi, keep your dirty red hands off our Berrick!

Ash said:
Getting a backs coach with a lot of say in the team make up and tactics is now very, very important.
What do you need backs for? You've got link now, learn to love the pick and drive ;)

Rod McCall said:
"Ewen was the outstanding candidate when matched against the strict criteria we had set out for the role,"
That is to say he was strictly available to coach a Super 14 that starts in 15 weeks!

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It will be interesting to listen to the banter before the NSW v QLD game with Link coaching the reds and Foley in the Tahs camp. Maybe they will send sledges to each other to read out.

Lindo, dont worry, you and I both know Foley was born and raised in NSW. However, like Latham, he became infected with Reds Rabies when it came to NSW games. I can't imagine there are too many carriers left in the Reds squad now though.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Cutter said:
It will be interesting to listen to the banter before the NSW v QLD game with Link coaching the Reds and Foley in the Tahs camp. Maybe they will send sledges to each other to read out.

Lindo, dont worry, you and I both know Foley was born and raised in NSW. However, like Latham, he became infected with Reds Rabies when it came to NSW games. I can't imagine there are too many carriers left in the Reds squad now though.

That might be right but what about that Mexican, McKenzie? Born and raised in the southern rugby stronghold of Melbourne. Now I'm confused. Such is the way of professional sport.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Is this the same Ewen McKenzie who presided over the boring, forward dominated, tryless Waratahs and was slated so heavily by the same QLD supporters who are now hailing his arrival?

Go figure.

S

Spook

Gagger said:
Is this the same Ewen McKenzie who presided over the boring, forward dominated, tryless Waratahs and was slated so heavily by the same QLD supporters who are now hailing his arrival?

Go figure.

But mmmaaaate ,that was before he became a QLDER! ;)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Gagger said:

Go figure.
Gags, as soon as he has his 'maroon injection' all past misdeeds will be forgiven.

T

TOCC

McKenzie played 10man rugby based on the players he had to play with ;)

Anyway, i guess one thing to look forward to next year is the added maturity of players like Quade Cooper, by all accounts he has really pulled his head in, in training and his 'social' behaviour. In saying that there are still a few players in the Reds squad who are in for a real shock, a few players gorging on McDonalds and not prepared to put in the effort. Its going to be interesting to see how Link reacts to some of there 'physiques' when they return from the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.