• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok ,after seeing the show, I can definitely say that Quade not being in Wallabies is one step towards getting rid of toxic culture in team!!
Really he wouldn't play if selected?? Leaves me speechless!

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think it is time Cooper backs off and allows the Nuclear waste to settle, he isn't far off from a scorched earth policy.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If there is real leadership anywhere at the ARU, Cooper will be in a meeting this weekend where he is told that he will go out, publicly apologize, say he had a tantrum at the end of a difficult year, and made statements he doesn't really believe or regret. If he doesn't, he should get told he will no longer be considered for selection for Australia and that he will receive no ARU money.

The hilarious thing about this situation is that the ARU can't fire Deans now. IMO, Cooper has made it impossible to do so.

Edit: let me be clear that I don't want to see Quade go at all, just that as an organization the ARU has to show fortitude at this point. The "wouldn't play if selected" comment pushes them to the brink in terms of credibility, IMO.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
OK - thats it.
The fucking jersey is gold - calling it yellow is just pandering to our enemies.
Unforgivable.
Accidental or deliberate?

W

What2040

OK - thats it.
The fucking jersey is gold - calling it yellow is just pandering to our enemies.
Unforgivable.

To be honest I don't think the bloke is smart enough to be deliberate.

As I said earlier if KB (Kurtley Beale) plays well at 10, QC (Quade Cooper) becomes a non-issue to Australian rugby

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
For me the comment that sums the whole situation is this one from Quade:

"That's how, myself, I definitely feel. I'm an attacking player, so if you're going to put an attacking player in and expect them to play a defensive game style then do you have input?''

For whatever reason he believes that the team should revolve around him and should adapt to his style rather than he adapt to the team's style. For mine, that is the worst possible attitude a player can have, and I suspect that no matter what the team environment, he will eventually fall out with whoever is in charge.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyone remember when Brad Thorn turned down an All Black jersey?

Yes. He turned it down because he didn't think he was ready/good enough at that stage of his career.

QC (Quade Cooper) has turned down the jersey because the Wobs are too toxic/not good enough for him.
Note the subtle difference.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe the ARU has a new publicity manager? At least the game is in the headlines this week, and they say that no news is bad news.

This is the GF week in the other codes. We are getting back page space. How good is that?

As Oscar Wilde once said, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

Why are the headlines not saying "Quade Cooper announces his retirement from International Rugby"

..." In a stunning revelation, an injured Quade Cooper last night on Fox Sports show The Rugby Club said that he would not play for the Wallabies again even if he was picked. In making such a bold statement, 24 year old Quade Cooper may be hoping to emulate former Wallaby legend and fellow five eighth Mark Ella who also bowed out of the game at 24 years of age.

By making such a statement on the back of his tweets and other more traditional media statements over last weekend, The Australian Rugby Selectors will not be selecting a player who has declared that he will not play for the national team. Why would they? Effectively Mr Cooper has retired from international rugby, at what is arguably his prime. Fans of the game in Queensland will still be able to watch him for another three years as he reiterated his intention to honour his contract with the Queensland Reds...

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If there is one good thing that should come out of all this, it is that all is not well in Wallabyland.
The ARU are now approaching step 1:
Become aware that you have a problem(s).
Will they pursue correct procedure?
Step 2: Appoint an independant committee to analyse the problem &
Step 3: Determine the necessary steps to implement in a plan with majority of stakeholders in accord to remedy the problem.
Step 4: Implement the plan.
Step 5: Determine if the plan (strategy) is achieving desired goals. If not , return to Step 3.
Throughout, show complete transparency to the stakeholders (including the fans).

The question is, will the ARU have the gumption? probably not.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
This whole mess is a circus. I still admire QC (Quade Cooper) for sticking to his guns. He clearly feels aggrieved and is speaking out about it. We as the public will never know what has gone on behind closed doors. QC (Quade Cooper) may have been raising issues with the Wobs administration since before the RWC but this also may be the first time they've heard about these opinions from QC (Quade Cooper).

Whether you're in Quade's corner or not, or sitting atop the fence, it all comes down to interpretation of what he said. I think that the comment he made about picking an attacking player and asking him to play defensively isn't about QC (Quade Cooper) saying he doesn't want to defend - it's about asking him to execute a game plan that he either doesn't think he can, or doesn't want to. Either way, I think if he voiced these concerns prior to the game then he shouldn't have been selected. I think it's akin to picking a player out of position, but that's only my opinion.

I think his vague replies last night and constant references to "facilities" and "environments" were him trying not to point the finger at someone or a group of people. Whether this is something he was told to do or something he chose to do, again, we'll never know. But in terms of pointing fingers, at this point (last night) I think he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

I'm still in his corner. I don't think the tweets were the right thing to do, but I think I understand why he did it. I don't feel that he's being selfish. He is going to be the biggest loser out of this and I'm pretty sure he knows it yet he's sticking to his guns.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
OK - thats it.
Unforgivable.

Deliberate. FFS, he was born in Waikickamookau, NZ.

Along with the Dingo, he is yet another sleeper agent sent over here by the Lords of Darkness to de-stabalise our game.

Gaggerleaks can reveal an intercepted coded message was sent from the Gold Coast to Wellington, NZ last night. It simply said "Mission accomplished. Q".

Status
Not open for further replies.