• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Lol Sully, I keep telling all my Aus mayes it yellow, now I got one of players backing me up;)

That's better than my Kiwi mate who calls it "calf shit yellow" :)

I was in Quades corner all week until that interview last night. I don't mind an iindividual speaking up about problems within an organisation, as that takes guts. What I do mind is when that player then says they won't help be part of the solution. He has basically said to the ARU "you fix it and I will come back".

Whatever is happening in the guys life, he is getting some shit advice.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
And on top of that it does now actually make it harder to get rid of Deans. He should have just shut the fuck up and let nature take it's course.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Maybe Khoder is trying to get Quade an 'off season' so he can sell Quade & SBW to Japan next year. Its a crazy idea, but I found mentioning Khoder Nasser's name in crazy theories makes them a little more believable.

R

randalf8

The ARU are now approaching step 1:
Become aware that you have a problem(s).
Will they pursue correct procedure?
Step 2: Appoint an independant committee to analyse the problem &
Step 3: Determine the necessary steps to implement in a plan with majority of stakeholders in accord to remedy the problem.
Step 4: Implement the plan.
Step 5: Determine if the plan (strategy) is achieving desired goals. If not , return to Step 3.
Throughout, show complete transparency to the stakeholders (including the fans).

good lord man, do you work in government?

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
For me the comment that sums the whole situation is this one from Quade:

For whatever reason he believes that the team should revolve around him and should adapt to his style rather than he adapt to the team's style. For mine, that is the worst possible attitude a player can have, and I suspect that no matter what the team environment, he will eventually fall out with whoever is in charge.

To a certain point, that is true. However, when the player in question is the chief playmaker, you have to base the game style and plan around their strengths and weaknesses, whilst trying to exploit the oppositions weaknesses. The Reds generally play in a manner which maximises the strengths of Genia and Cooper, which has flow on affects to players like Ioane and Fainga'a, who are far more effective for the Reds than they are for the Wallabies.

A 10 is like the Quarterback in NFL, all NFL offenses are run based around the strengths of the Quarter back. To me, the Reds use Genia and Cooper in a manner similar to the way the NFL use Running Backs and Quarter Backs. Teams are mostly focused on defending the pass (Cooper) but still have to defend the run (Genia) and the threat of one creates space and opportunities for the other. You don't see NFL offenses running a pass happy or deep pass offense if the QB has accuracy or arm strength issues.

To me, the Wallabies looked their best in 2010, when they were playing to the strengths of Genia and Cooper. Even Genia has been a shadow of himself for the Wallabies from the RWC onwards.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If there is one good thing that should come out of all this, it is that all is not well in Wallabyland.
Step 3: Determine the necessary steps to implement in a plan with majority of stakeholders in accord to remedy the problem.
Step 5: Determine if the plan (strategy) is achieving desired goals. If not , return to Step 3.
Throughout, show complete transparency to the stakeholders (including the fans).

The question is, will the ARU have the gumption? probably not.
It's not that complicated.
1 Define the issue.
...that's easy, a well performed super 14 player with mediocre Test form at best, is refusing to play under the existing coaching staff.
2, Resolve the issue.
....Even easier,thanks for your input Mr mediocre Test player.
All the best in your future endeavours, oh and by the way please close the door on your way out.
Thank you.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
If there is one good thing that should come out of all this, it is that all is not well in Wallabyland.

The question is, will the ARU have the gumption? probably not.

An organisation is hardly going to commit that sort of resource intensive process only if there was a bunch of players/staff/etc making the same sort of allegations. It may well come to that, but right now its between the ARU and Cooper.

Cooper (and RUPA) need to follow the collective bargaining agreement disputes settlement procedure as a first port of call.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is even less complicated than that.

1. Sort it out JO'N. It is your job.

JO'N is paid more than the Prime Minister, so either he sorts it out or he gets sorted out, and we get someone who can/will sort it out.

Experienced Executive and Sports Administrator, Ed Zemancheff is waiting in the wings to take over if JO'N is unable to implement #1 above.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To a certain point, that is true. However, when the player in question is the chief playmaker, you have to base the game style and plan around their strengths and weaknesses, whilst trying to exploit the oppositions weaknesses. The Reds generally play in a manner which maximises the strengths of Genia and Cooper, which has flow on affects to players like Ioane and Fainga'a, who are far more effective for the Reds than they are for the Wallabies.

A 10 is like the Quarterback in NFL, all NFL offenses are run based around the strengths of the Quarter back. To me, the Reds use Genia and Cooper in a manner similar to the way the NFL use Running Backs and Quarter Backs. Teams are mostly focused on defending the pass (Cooper) but still have to defend the run (Genia) and the threat of one creates space and opportunities for the other. You don't see NFL offenses running a pass happy or deep pass offense if the QB has accuracy or arm strength issues.

To me, the Wallabies looked their best in 2010, when they were playing to the strengths of Genia and Cooper. Even Genia has been a shadow of himself for the Wallabies from the RWC onwards.

From Quade's comments it is plainly clear that he has a lot to learn about test rugby.

As several journos have highlighted in the last few days, there is a massive difference between Super Rugby and Test Rugby and the style of play that works in each.

Quade needs to learn that he has to pick his moments better in test rugby and it won't work to just adopt a fast and loose approach.

Genia understands the difference and plays a far more reserved style in test rugby. He runs the ball less because he realises that he needs to pick his moments better. Defences are better and poor choices will result in turnover ball.

I think your NFL analogy is alright except I'd say the analogy needs to include the differences between college football and the NFL. College football is a lot more high scoring and quarterbacks pass the ball a lot more. There is also a lot more shotgun plays and long passing games. This is because defences aren't as good.

The NFL is far more of a running game and quarterback's passing games are much shorter. Whilst it is true that teams shape their offence around their quarterbacks and their key attacking players, the style of attack is far more reserved than in college. Defences are far more attuned at shutting down long passing games and will intercept the ball far more frequently if it is persisted with.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
And
It's not that complicated.
1 Define the issue.
.that's easy, a well performed super 14 player with mediocre Test form at best, is refusing to play under the existing coaching staff.
2, Resolve the issue.
..Even easier,thanks for your input Mr mediocre Test player.
All the best in your future endeavours, oh and by the way please close the door on your way out.
Thank you.

And that simply allows the ARU to continue on their bumbling merry way passing all the blame on to the shoulders of the players. To me it is no surprise the Wallabies mirror the Waratahs on and off the field. The same disease that is infecting the Waratahs is infecting the Wallabies.
The Waratahs are taking baby steps towards curing the disease, but it seems the Wallabies (ARU) are happy to ignore the fact they have cancer and pass it off as a common cold, that will just go away without treatment.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
QUade lost me last night. Vaguaries about "the facilities" and the "environment" - wtf was he talking about. He crapped on about wanting to play for the reds and that he had signed a contract etc but has no intention of playing for the reds as he cant agree with the ARU about is top up contract which he has had for 3 months, and is no less than he was already recieving even though is form in the world cup and beyond has been poor.

When the inmates are running the asylum we are in big trouble.

I would not renew is contract and give others who want to represent their country a go.

There is always another shining light just around the corner.

Goodbye Quade and good luck

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
100% of the blame for this complete and utter mess lies with the ARU, Robbie Deans, the Manager of the Wallabies and any other senior figures responsible for our elite squad. We are seriously lacking leadership/mentorship.

John O'Neill is a complete disgrace. When was the last time he stood up for rugby publicly?? Seriously? Where the hell is this bloke?? Just a simple 'grab' that is honest and forthcoming about rugby in Australia. Where we are and where we are heading???

Robbie Deans had absolutely no balls whatsoever and is happy to talk round and round in circles. Which might work when you can sit back and let a pack of some of the worlds greatest players run the show a la the Crusaders. He is not a genuine leaders arsehole.

The young players doing what they want, tweeting as they wish etc etc is a complete reflection of the total fuck up that is the ARU et all involved with running the Wallabies.

If things were being run properly 1. We wouldn't have seen the situation that occurred this week transpire and 2. If anything like this even looked like it was starting to fester a pack of REAL leaders and mentors would have stepped up to the plate to steer the ship back on course.

The bucks stops with Deans, O'Neill and the Wallabies Manager. All of them have failed in their duties miserably.

Don't forget Nucifora who is meant to be high performance manager. I mean isn't QC (Quade Cooper) complaining about performance?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

JO'N is paid more than the Prime Minister, so either he sorts it out or he gets sorted out, and we get someone who can/will sort it out.

Experienced Executive and Sports Administrator, Ed Zemancheff is waiting in the wings to take over if JO'N is unable to implement #1 above.
Given that the first entry on his CV will say "Tahs" he'd be lucky to get an interview

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Lots of people on here saying QC (Quade Cooper) didn't go about this in the right manner. No one knows for sure what has goe on behind the scenes. Maybe QC (Quade Cooper) has voiced these to Deans, the players, ARU and it's fallen on deaf ears.

Deans should have been fired after the world cup. He hasn't. He's doesn't shit job and the ARU has done nothing about it. Now we have player going off about the playing style and the enviroment of the camp. When will the ARU do something about these issues?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Mate, Cooper is paid more than the PM....

There is an agreed process for dealing with grievances.

2.1 If a Player is of the opinion that he has a Dispute with the Rugby Body by which he is employed, the Player must first discuss the Dispute with the Team Manager or his nominee. If the Dispute is not resolved to the satisfaction of the Player as a result of such discussion, the Player or RUPA (with the consent of the Player) may serve a written notice setting out the particulars of the Dispute on the Team Manager.

2.2 The Team Manager or his nominee must notify the Player in writing of the Rugby Body’s decision in relation to the Dispute within seven (7) days after receipt of the written notice from the Player.

2.3 If such decision does not resolve the Dispute to the satisfaction of the Player, the Player or RUPA (with the consent of the Player) may serve a further written notice on the Chief Executive Officer of the Rugby Body. The Chief Executive Officer of the relevant Rugby Body (whichever may be the case) must, within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such notice, refer the Dispute to Mediation.

2.4 If Mediation is able to bring about a settlement of the Dispute to the satisfaction of the Player and the relevant Rugby Body, the Mediator must serve a written notice on the Player and the relevant Rugby Body, setting out the terms of such settlement, which terms will upon acceptance by the Rugby Body and the Player be final and binding on the Rugby Body and the Player and (if appropriate) RUPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.