• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Without knowing the questions and the context of his answers I think we're trying to read too much into his comments.
Fuck that. He said he'd turn down starting for the wallabies if he was fit. Do you know how many guys have bled to get their hands on a gold jersey. How many people have gone to game after game to back the wallabies. Why is he so different. Why is he so 'destroyed' while the others can still get excited and get stuck in. Cause he has Khoder in his bloody ear whispering everything he doesn't need to hear.
I love his style of play and it will be a crazy shame if he walks away and it will not be all his fault - but this attack and behaviour is so not cool. It's a farce. He's being a spoilt child and league can have him.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Funny how you only want to debate how the team went,was QC (Quade Cooper) adequate at the GC?
This would be the same game that he was complaining that "officials"weren't upbeat and were critical of the performance after the game?

Quade for a while was going as well as his Benny Hill match against the Chiefs back in 07.

Possibly because his confidence was down due to being a 10 who was forced to play 2nd receiver the week before and had just copped a month of bullshit about his lack of fitness and whatever else from his bosses.

Then he showed what a difference 5 years of experience has made and put the Argies away.

J

Jiggles

Player ratings from this site:
uade Cooper
Crap day for QC (Quade Cooper). Whether it was too much Argy pressure, too casual an attitude or just trying too much, the mistake rate was just way too high in this crucial position. He also topped the missed tackle count, but made a few on the way. Some of his passes did hit the mark though. I’m not sure what’s going on but his confidence seems way down and he really is looking like Carlos at his worst.
4/10
This was the lowest rating of any player in the side. So that means he was judged to be our worst player

Well its settled then, McCabe ended up with that ball not from Cooper but by devine intervention..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Really, the skill level in that pass?That was more about the line McCabe ran.He was running that hole before the wonderkid had the ball.
Given that he was awarded 4/10, how was the rest of his game?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was hoping he'd elaborate more on why the environment is 'toxic'. I found the lack of facility argument bizarre.

I do have some empathy for Quade. From one attacking rugby player to another who has worked under a conservative game plan - I know it aint fun no matter what level of Rugby you're at.

My view though is that the first COA to disputes is to try & deal with it in house & not in public. If all diplomatic routes are exhausted & nothing changes then by all means have a vent & if it is in public then that's fine by me. I'd like to know if Quade has had meetings to discuss these things, phone conversations & emails which were brought up on "The Rugby Club" are not really serious meetings IMO.

When he is in form Quade plays a great game. I find it entertaining. I am leaning toward the argument that while he may have genuine concerns his approach & timing has been pretty wrong. I'm really not going to be able to give a full judgement until more information comes forward, probably from other players. If he does actually go to League & causes a massive PR disaster for Rugby in this country then any shred of sympathy I have for him will be gone.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Yet again, Cooper has yet exhibited a remarkable capacity to upstage his tremendous talent with self-inflicted errors and poor choices. He may very well be upset with the ARU and Deans but the manner in which he has sprayed the Wallabies management so publicly is cringe worthy. I cant think this will sit well with anyone close to the Wallabies or Cooper, other than Cooper's own management team who must have mapped this out with some purpose in mind. To me it smacks like he is trying to really provoke a movement to have Deans removed before the spring Tour so a more sympathetic Link can make a play for the gig or, failing that, push to get out of his Reds contract with everyone's snarled blessings and head to league, France or Japan.

I see Sharpie responded to Drew Mitchell's "hard to bite one's tongue" tweet with his own "What about?". It's good to see that there are adults in the room.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not turning me off the game, but turning me off forums. I came here because it was not like that. It seems on G&GR the harsher your criticism and the more times you say fuck in a sentence the tougher you are, or more precisely the tougher you would like others to think you are.

G&GR is a great forum, but this thread has been disappointing and gone
feral. The mods can only do so much without making this place feel like a police state. I'm as guilty as others at times at being overly critical of players, but as a whole we need to be more balanced. We're the ones that make this forum good and we need to ensure we continue to do that.

I blame JON: this is what happens when you have 2 weeks between games. I also reckon the fact it's in a different time zone means that people aren't as interested in tomorrow's game.
If you sit back its actually pretty funny - we've got arguments about jet lag and all sorts of stuff.
This thread could morph into a one thread fits all- and when it all gets too much blame JON, Deans or QC (Quade Cooper) in some random order.
BTW: I'm as bad as anyone I accept that so I'm not a glass house and, anyway I'm cast not stones (both expressions having been used in this thread), although my attitude seems to be softening. I haven't seen last nights rugby club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He loves the reds, hates the Wobs, wants a gym and a physio and doesn't like money much.
He can have his reds, I love the wobs, don't need a gym or a physio and ill take his money. Problem solved?
PS: this is not a dig at the reds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Fuck that. He said he'd turn down starting for the wallabies if he was fit.
The Rant, I said give him the benefit of the doubt 38 pages ago when the tweets first emerged. A lot has hapened now. I'm much closer to your way of thinking now!

And somewhere between page 1 and here I said that Mundine and Khoder are decent blokes, can I retract that statement please?

abrixon

Bob McCowan (2)
At the end of the day, Cooper is an employee of an organisation (assuming he is currently contracted with ARU, my understanding its next year he is off contract, correct me if im wrong.) Regardless of his profile, ability and twitter followers, no one-man is bigger than the game. Rugby will be there long after Quade is gone and by condoning his public comments the ARU are setting themselves up for a rocky future with the gen y mentality.

If you or I had an issue with our employers in how our talents and development are under utilised do you tweet about it or organise a meeting with your boss?

It is similar to the Benji Marshal/West Tigers issue. Players have too much say. eel honoured to wear the jersey and try your heart out. If you dont cut it for the coaches game plan thats life, its on his head if his game plan fails cause no one will miss you if the teams winning.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Cooper 'would not play' for Wallabies
Date September 28, 2012
Georgina Robinson
Sports Reporter

WALLABIES five-eighth Quade Cooper says the national team is ''destroying'' him, and that he would not play for Australia if he were picked in the team today.
In an extraordinary few moments live on pay-television last night, the injured playmaker said he stood by his comments last week that the Wallabies environment was ''toxic''.
''I'm just striving to be the best that I can be, and that's why I said I didn't want to be involved in that kind of environment,'' Cooper told Fox Sports' The Rugby Club.
''For me to continue to improve as a player and as a person you want to be in the best possible environment, and I feel that that environment is destroying me as a person and as a player, so that I can't do the best that I can do to represent my country and my family and my friends, to the best of my ability.''
When asked if he would play for the Wallabies if he were picked in the side this weekend, Cooper said he would not.
''No, like I said, it's the environment there at the moment is one that I don't feel comfortable in, and if I don't feel comfortable and if I don't feel that I can give 100 per cent for my country and that yellow jersey, that's a very big problem,'' he said.
The Reds five-eighth's comments follow criticisms he made on Twitter last week against national coach Robbie Deans and the culture in the Wallabies squad.
Cooper said the tipping point for him was the lead-in and aftermath of the Wallabies' fightback win over Argentina on the Gold Coast two weeks ago.
The 24-year-old had an error-ridden first half in that match but improved to show flashes of former flair in the final stanza.
''Everything leading into that game showed out on the field, not only the way that I played as an individual but as the team played, [it was] just a very unhappy environment,'' he said.
''We won the game, and it felt like we lost the game, and the way that it was spoken about from officials and stuff, it was basically a loss. You don't need that as a player in that environment. You want to walk off the field, whether you win by the smallest of margins, you want to have a happy dressing room, know that you've won the game, give confidence to your players and make sure you have the belief and confidence from your coaches and your peers to move onto next week.''
ARU broke its silence yesterday to say, in a three-line written statement, that the union had emailed Cooper but would not be making any public statement.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/cooper-would-not-play-for-wallabies-20120927-26o9j.html#ixzz27hc6o7oC

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm overseas at the moment and have missed most of the latest kerfuffel but if those comments attributed to QC (Quade Cooper) are correct then I just shake my head. What kind of attitude is it to say that he wouldn't play for the Wallabies even if he was fit right now. He's either signed his own death warrant or that of his coach.

The situation is untenable for at least one of them right now.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I've said it before and I'll say it again... This whole mess would never have raised its head if we had decent leaders on the scene. Deans is a mumbling goose, it appears Rob Edgerton has no grasp on what his role actually is, and John O'Neill is too incompetent to stand up be counted as the head of our game.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'd think that he'd be circumspect in his actions and aware of how readily one can be marginalized. I could be totally off base, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Mitchell to leap to Quade's defense.

This was my first thought too.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm overseas at the moment and have missed most of the latest kerfuffel but if those comments attributed to QC (Quade Cooper) are correct then I just shake my head. What kind of attitude is it to say that he wouldn't play for the Wallabies even if he was fit right now. He's either signed his own death warrant or that of his coach.

The situation is untenable for at least one of them right now.

Probably for both, the coaching staff were apparently dissatisfied with the Wobs performance vs the Argis and didn't cuddle everyone after the game - so they must go

And we have a player who in the olden days would have been marked "not to be selected" as his heart isn't in it who has said he wouldn't play in the yellow jersey - well that can be arranged.

Wouldn't play - get faarked and faark off

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This situation seems similar to one in the English Premier League at Manchester City when Carlos Tevez refused to warm up and go on as a sub in a game.

There was a bit of a Mexican stand off which took months to resolve but it got very messy at one stage.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have only heard bits of what QC (Quade Cooper) said so far, and what I have heard I would say as an AB supporter ,I'm glad he's yours and not ours as I wouldn't want him near my team. As someone who actually also supports Wallabies when they not playing ABs ,I say you what the hell does he think he is doing? You would not play for team if picked?? And if he is a attacking player that doesn't want to play defensively go to NFL where you swap defensive and attacking team during game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.